2016 Cruise Critic Editor's Pick Awards

Disney Cruise Line was awarded Best Dining, Best for Families, and Adventures by Disney's partnership with AmaWaterways won Best for Families in the River Cruise Category. 

www.cnn.com/2016/10/12/travel/cruise-critic-editors-picks-awards-2016/index.html

2016 Cruise Critic Editors' Picks Awards

Best New Ship: Carnival Vista

Best Ship Refurbishment: Cunard's Queen Mary 2

Best Dining: Disney Cruise Line

Best Entertainment: Norwegian Cruise Line

Best Standard Cabins: Holland America Line

Best Inside Cabins: Royal Caribbean International

Best Suites: Royal Caribbean International

Best Itineraries: Celebrity Cruises

Best Shore Excursions: Princess Cruises

Best for Adventure: Lindblad Expeditions

Best for Romance: Princess Cruises

Best for Families: Disney Cruise Line

Best Value for Money: Carnival Cruise Line

Best Nightlife: MSC Cruises

Best North American Homeport: Seattle, WA

2016 Cruise Critic Editors' Picks: Luxury Category

Best Luxury Cruise Line: Seabourn Cruise Line

Best New Luxury Ship: Regent's Seven Seas Explorer

Best Refurbishment: Azamara Journey/Azamara Quest

Best Dining: Oceania Cruises

Best Cabins: Regent Seven Seas

Best Itineraries: Silversea Cruises

Best Shore Excursions: Azamara Club Cruises

Best Enrichment: Crystal Cruises

Best for Romance: Windstar Cruises

Best Value for Money: Viking Ocean Cruises

Best Spa: Viking Ocean Cruises

2016 Cruise Critic Editor's Picks: River Category

Best River Cruise Line: AmaWaterways

Best New River Cruise Ship: Crystal Mozart

Best Luxury River Cruise Line: Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection

Best Dining: Tauck River Cruising

Best Cabins: Avalon Waterways

Best Itineraries: Viking River Cruises

Best Shore Excursions: Scenic

Best Enrichment: American Cruise Lines

Best for Active Cruisers: AmaWaterways

Best for Families: Adventures by Disney/AmaWaterways

Best Value for Money: Emerald Waterways

Thanks for sharing this, Jason.  It's interesting, and some of the results surprise me.

I think the food on DCL is great, but I've heard many complaints about how it has declined in recent years, and how much better the dining is on other lines.  I'm surprised to see that DCL offers the best dining. 

I am also surprised to see that NCL has the best entertainment.  I've always thought this is where Disney excels.  It makes me wonder what they're offering on NCL.

I have never heard of MSC Cruises.  I always thought it was Carnival that has the best nightlife.

This poll reminds me of the awards they give out in schools these days where everyone has to win something.

TCD

49 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Thanks for sharing this, Jason.  It's interesting, and some of the results surprise me.

I think the food on DCL is great, but I've heard many complaints about how it has declined in recent years, and how much better the dining is on other lines.  I'm surprised to see that DCL offers the best dining. 

I am also surprised to see that NCL has the best entertainment.  I've always thought this is where Disney excels.  It makes me wonder what they're offering on NCL.

I have never heard of MSC Cruises.  I always thought it was Carnival that has the best nightlife.

This poll reminds me of the awards they give out in schools these days where everyone has to win something.

TCD

I have booked a couple of MSC cruises. They are a company that is very popular in Europe. They are growing their presence here with a multi billion dollar investment in new ships and they are building a new terminal in Miami which is where they currently sail out of. The MSC Divina looks beautiful and Sil and I are considering taking a cruise with them to check them out further. I will say though my client kids were not impressed with the kids clubs and activities. They do have a large number of different bars and entertainment venues so they may really be doing the nightlife well. My client said he would go back again when it was just him and his wife.