Just had breakfast at Trails End this morning. The brunch is now all week and the Ala carte lunch is now discontinued. The fresh cut meat will only be weekends. They had chicken and meatloaf as well as the full breakfast offerings. Same price as breakfast was. It was actually very jice, but I will miss that lunch menu.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had breakfast at Trails End this morning. The brunch is now all week and the Ala carte lunch is now discontinued. The fresh cut meat will only be weekends. They had chicken and meatloaf as well a

I liked the lunch menu so I am sad to see that go.

I'm actually glad. This will extend our time to get breakfast at Trails End :) We are NOT early risers and sometimes getting there before they swapped over was a challenge....

7 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

Yes, but the weekend will have the meat stand with the ham and pork belly sliced to order.

I don't care for the pork belly, so that's not a big loss for me.

With everything else there is to eat, I'll gladly give up the ham to save a couple bucks.

Do you know if the buffet goes until 2 pm on weekdays now?

TCD

18 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I don't care for the pork belly, so that's not a big loss for me.

With everything else there is to eat, I'll gladly give up the ham to save a couple bucks.

Do you know if the buffet goes until 2 pm on weekdays now?

TCD

Yes, 2pm.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 8:49 AM, DaveInTN said:

There were several very good things on that menu. But when I dined there we were the only ones in the place. I think TE at lunchtime will always be a challenge. People are either off at parks or eating at their campsite.

You are right about lunchtime being a challenge.

From what I've seen, the brunch buffet hasn't driven much traffic to Trail's End from 11 am to 2 pm.  Which is why I'm surprised that they are expanding the days from weekends.

TCD

5 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

We left at 11:30 and there were more people coming in than for the normal lunch. The servers seemed to.like the idea so far. Perhaps as people realize they can take their time for breakfast it will catch on more.

I'm not so sure about that.  Time will tell.

Last time I was there, which was closer to when the new brunch menu and times started-I saw people arrive for lunch and leave because they didn't want the buffet.

And, of course, the official Disney site (as of today, October 17) has made no mention of any change, and still states that brunch is only on weekends, and has a link to the weekday lunch menu: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/cabins-at-fort-wilderness-resort/trails-end-restaurant/menus/lunch/

If there are people arriving at 11:30, I wonder how many of them knew about the change and how?

TCD

When we visit WDW our meal time shift regardless of where we decide to eat. We still eat breakfast around the same time as we are early risers. Lunch usually shifts more towards 3 PM and dinner 9-10 PM so for us it doesn't matter what the menu is as we will rarely be eating over the traditional lunch period.

6 minutes ago, shoreline99 said:

Wow. my son is going to miss the chicken and waffles there. That was one of his favorite meals.

The last time I was there, the waffles were sweet potato waffles, or something like that. Why............. does everything have to have some extra flavoring!!  What happened to good old fashioned waffles, good old fashioned fries with REAL salt on them (not seasoning, not sea salt.... SALT!!)

(Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now)

3 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

The last time I was there, the waffles were sweet potato waffles, or something like that. Why............. does everything have to have some extra flavoring!!  What happened to good old fashioned waffles, good old fashioned fries with REAL salt on them (not seasoning, not sea salt.... SALT!!)

(Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now)

Amen to that Carol. I will stay off the soapbox otherwise I could go on for a while on this topic.