4 hours ago, shoreline99 said:

Wow. my son is going to miss the chicken and waffles there. That was one of his favorite meals.

One of the kids meals served at Disney's Hollywood Studios now Chicken and Waffles. I can't think of the name of the restaurant right now but it's the one between Indiana Jones and Star Tours

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had breakfast at Trails End this morning. The brunch is now all week and the Ala carte lunch is now discontinued. The fresh cut meat will only be weekends. They had chicken and meatloaf as well a

I liked the lunch menu so I am sad to see that go.

I'm actually glad. This will extend our time to get breakfast at Trails End :) We are NOT early risers and sometimes getting there before they swapped over was a challenge....

34 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

One of the kids meals served at Disney's Hollywood Studios now Chicken and Waffles. I can't think of the name of the restaurant right now but it's the one between Indiana Jones and Star Tours

YUM! Wouldn't be Sci Fi, would it? 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Word we got this past week was lunch is being discontinued all together.  At least during the week.

Well that's a shame, with a little common sense, that place could be packed every day for lunch.

Well, Grumpy heard right.

The TCD gang dined at Trails End on Monday morning. It was just the regular breakfast buffet- no fried chicken or any of the other brunch offerings.  Also missing was the stand with a toaster and bagels and bread, and the fresh fruit, as mentioned above.

On weekdays, they pull the welcome mat at 11:30 am, and then the sit-down restaurant is closed until 4:30.  Ms. Josie puts up this sign when she leaves:

IMG_1001_zps9utclzrd.jpg

But all is not lost, the take out serves from 11:30 am to 9:30 pm:

IMG_0999_zps2mvaypcz.jpg

IMG_1002_zpsejmdgx92.jpg

I don't know what the plan is for weekends. Someone will need to take one for the team and find out.

TCD

Sounds like they can't decide who/what they want to be when they finally grow up...  This has to go down in the record books of Disney eating establishments that have had more changes within the last 10 years!

7 minutes ago, Duane said:

Sounds like they can't decide who/what they want to be when they finally grow up...  This has to go down in the record books of Disney eating establishments that have had more changes within the last 10 years!

It sure is puzzling to me.  They make these changes, but don't advertise or promote them, or give them any time to catch on, then they label them as failures and move on.  So, now the restaurant sits empty from 12-4:30 pm.

TCD

Thanks for the update, Doug.  Put me in the camp of missing the lunch menu too.  We don't typically eat enough that time of day to justify the cost of the buffet for starters, but we also enjoyed several of the entrees at lunch.  That said, it was usually a ghost town in there during lunch hours, so I suppose they had to try something.

2 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

It sure is puzzling to me.  They make these changes, but don't advertise or promote them, or give them any time to catch on, then they label them as failures and move on. 

This exactly.

11 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

It sure is puzzling to me.  They make these changes, but don't advertise or promote them, or give them any time to catch on, then they label them as failures and move on.  So, now the restaurant sits empty from 12-4:30 pm.

TCD

Put in a Starbucks with a Frozen theme and people will be in there 24/7!

6 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

I don't understand the lack of promotion either but this seems to me to be one of those losing propositions where nothing they do will drive enough traffic to justify staying open for a lunch crowd. During the hours we are talking about most WDW visitors are at the parks and will eat there or those at the Fort will just eat at their site to save a few bucks. As TE is keeping the take-out open I think you would find that this is where most of their lunch business comes from. It would be nice to be able sit down at a table inside for lunch but in the end it is just a column in a profit/loss ledger that determines the operational hours. 

8 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

It's also puzzling why they don't have a permanent Star Wars breakfast in DHS when that thing was printing money. 

16 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

It's also puzzling why they don't have a permanent Star Wars breakfast in DHS when that thing was printing money. 

Like I always say, Disney succeeds despite its short-sighted management.

It's amazing when you think about it.

I know that DIT is joking about Melvin, but if they stuck Chip and Dale and a couple of other critters in there, and made Trail's End a character brunch, they'd be turning guests away.

TCD

35 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Like I always say, Disney succeeds despite its short-sighted management.

It's amazing when you think about it.

I know that DIT is joking about Melvin, but if they stuck Chip and Dale and a couple of other critters in there, and made Trail's End a character brunch, they'd be turning guests away.

TCD

I have been thinking that for years. Agreed that you're not going to draw the crowds there for lunch when everyone is in the parks, but a character meal brunch/lunch would be a decent draw - especially if they upgraded the area around Trail's End a bit (playground, arcade etc) and ran a package deal with a carriage ride or something like that.

29 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

I was only half joking, as I was thinking about the Melvin show to include Chip and Dale as it originally did.  I don't think it should be in Pioneer Hall, and shouldn't have the format that show had, but a character breakfast in Trails End as you suggested, including Chip, Dale, Mickey and Minnie in their BYBBQ outfits, and including an animatronic Melvin in the dining room to interact with guests using modern technology for comic relief, would be a hit.  Maybe they wouldn't want to compete with Chef Mickey's though.  So instead of Mickey and Minnie, Chip and Dale could be joined by Donald and the nephews  Donald was in a lot of their shorts.  

Selfishly, I'm glad that they don't have a character breakfast at Trail's End.  It's easy to get in there, and the price is reasonable by Disney standards. The price would double for the same food if they stuck characters in there. 

If they did a character breakfast, they could have the same character lineup as they do at the Storyteller's Café at the Grand Californian Resort in Disneyland:

At the Chip ’n Dale Critter Breakfast, friends from beloved Disney films drop by to be part of your story! Get ready for a chipper morning as some familiar Disney pals pop in to visit. Don’t miss your chance to meet some rarely seen characters—bring your camera along and capture the memory forever!

And in between Character Greetings, be sure to plough into the Farmer’s Market Buffet of all-you-care-to-enjoy home-style breakfast specialties, including made-to-order omelets, Mickey waffles, fresh baked goods and seasonal fruit.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/grand-californian-hotel/storytellers-cafe/

They get $35 for breakfast there, and you can't get in without a reservation.

TCD