Food Booths for the Holidays at Epcot

Looks like some of the Food & Wine booths will get used through the holidays...

Seasonal Tastes Expand for Epcot Holidays Around the World Nov. 25-Dec. 30 at Walt Disney World Resort

Pam Brandon

by Pam Brandon, Food Writer, Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort

One of the most delightful ways to experience Epcot is noshing your way around World Showcase, and now Holidays Around the World is adding more food and drink for the winter celebration November 25-December 30.

Sauerbraten from Prost! in Epcot Nov. 25-Dec. 30

Stop at Prost! in Germany for an artisan cheese plate or sauerbraten with red cabbage and spätzle. Drinks include alcoholic ciders, Williams Punch (hot), Caramel Kiss featuring Werther’s Caramel and glüwein (house-made hot spiced wine).

Slow-Roasted Turkey Sandwich from the American Adventure Pavilion Nov. 25-Dec. 30

American Holiday Table in the American Adventure Pavilion is serving Slow-roasted turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. And seared pork tenderloin with green bean casserole, roasted sweet potato wedges and a Champagne demi-glace. Drinks include Shipyard Eggnog White Porter Aged on Bourbon, Firenog (eggnog with Fireball Whisky), Great American Wine Company Red Blend and Chardonnay, hot chocolate, eggnog and Cocoa Candy Cane (hot chocolate with peppermint Schnapps).

Head to the Alpine Haus between Morocco and France for duck confit, dumplings and roasted Brussels sprouts with a fig reduction; cheese fondue in a bread bowl with fresh steamed vegetables, and sachertorte, a chocolate cake with apricot jam and dark chocolate glaze.. Drinks include Frozen Winter Spice Hot Chocolate featuring Twinings of London Tea (alcoholic and non-alcoholic version available) Weingut Stadt Krems Gruner Vetliner White Wine and Heinrich Red Blend.

Chocolate Pecan Tart from Seasonal Southern Delights at Epcot Nov. 25-Dec. 30

Seasonal Southern Delights near World Showcase Plaza is offering hoppin’ john (black-eyed peas, ham hocks and kale with rice and cornbread crumbles); blackened catfish with white cheddar grits with okra, tomato and onion stew, and chocolate pecan tart. Drinks include Frozen S’Mores and Central 28 beers.

Shredded Beef Tamale from the Feast of the Three Kings Feast in Epcot Nov. 25-Dec. 30

Feast of the Three Kings Feast near World Showcase Plaza pays homage to Three Kings Day, widely celebrated in Spain, Latin America and the Caribbean. Look for a shredded beef tamale with avocado crema; roasted pork with mashed yucca and pickled green bananas, and Three Kings Bread. Drinks will include a Coquito (coconut milk) and Coquito with rum floater.

Hot and cold drinks will be offered all around World Showcase, as well as holidays sweets such as the Mickey Santa Hat cupcake at Fountain View restaurant, chocolate honey baklava in Morocco, panettone (Italian Christmas cake) in Italy, gingerbread ice cream and buche de Noel au chocolat (Christmas cake shaped like a log) in France, pai cha (Beijing-style fried dough twist with sesame) in China and guava tamales in Mexico.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/10/seasonal-tastes-expand-for-epcot-holidays-around-the-world-nov-25-dec-30-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

2 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I wonder if they are going to be bigger portions, or still the appetizer size from F&W?

I am wondering the same thing.

The photos make it look like everything is being served on bigger plates.

But, we all know the photos they post do not necessarily match what they serve.

That said, I don't think it's a bad idea to use these food booths for this purpose.

TCD

Just now, Tri-Circle-D said:

I am wondering the same thing.

The photos make it look like everything is being served on bigger plates.

But, we all know the photos they post do not necessarily match what they serve.

That said, I don't think it's a bad idea to use these food booths for this purpose.

TCD

Agreed, seen lots of exaggerated pictures out there for F&W. And it's not like those booths haven't paid for them selves in one or two days of use at F&W or the Flower and Garden show.

So after the Holiday Show, what can they come up with to keep the booths open until it's time for the Flower Show again. 

They need ideas for late winter/early spring, and summer time between the F&G and the F&W!

5 minutes ago, Travisma said:

They need ideas for late winter/early spring, and summer time between the F&G and the F&W!

Maybe not.

Every year, they extend the opening and close date of each.

They can keep on doing that!

Also- giving this some more thought, I do think that the servings are going to be Food and Wine sized.  They offer those items as snack credits on the Disney Dining Plan, and I imagine that's what they're going for here too.

TCD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...