A Message from the Bike Barn for Halloween!!!

Super Geek just received this message when he was picking up this AWESOMESAUCE minetrain trick or treat bucket (shown below).  (They also took down what site number you were at for the buckets so you couldn't get more than how many kids were at your site either.)

From the Bike Barn:  They are checking magic bands to see if you are a registered guest this year in order to trick or treat.  If you are not a registered guest, the Fort Rangers will not let you enter to get candy from the campers.

Back to your regularly scheduled holiday.

Photo on 10-31-16 at 4.25 PM.jpg

55 minutes ago, AuburnJen said:

Super Geek just received this message when he was picking up this AWESOMESAUCE minetrain trick or treat bucket (shown below).  (They also took down what site number you were at for the buckets so you couldn't get more than how many kids were at your site either.)

From the Bike Barn:  They are checking magic bands to see if you are a registered guest this year in order to trick or treat.  If you are not a registered guest, the Fort Rangers will not let you enter to get candy from the campers.

That is good news!

Now what was told and what happened are of course two different things.  Was the influx of locals controlled better this year?  I would say yes on the whole.  However, I have never seen so many cars in overflow, second overflow and the third overflow they had on the main drag.  It could be partially because of the restructuring of the actual lot.  It could also be because people have learned that if they say they are visiting Mr. Smith in site 1430 and they actually have the correct information,,, they get to park. Now, don't get me wrong, I am all for people coming in to visit, but there could be shenanigans there, just saying.  There is always a way around a rule.  As Fiends, we usually know this more than most.  ?

Most of the Fort Rangers I saw were directing traffic on the main drag between loops.  There were a couple handing out candy amd since I was walking a dog, I was able to hear some conversation between the Popo and guests.  Much to my surprise, he was asking how they were doing, how their campers were, if they were having any issues with their camoers, etc.  These were the type of questions that if you were staying there you would feel comfortable answering and talking with him about.  So kudos to the Popo for trying to sniff the locals that got through out.  I didn't see any scanning of magic bands as promised.  Maybe that was at the dock and at the entrance.

17 hours ago, AuburnJen said:

Now what was told and what happened are of course two different things.  Was the influx of locals controlled better this year?  I would say yes on the whole.  However, I have never seen so many cars in overflow, second overflow and the third overflow they had on the main drag.  It could be partially because of the restructuring of the actual lot.  It could also be because people have learned that if they say they are visiting Mr. Smith in site 1430 and they actually have the correct information,,, they get to park. Now, don't get me wrong, I am all for people coming in to visit, but there could be shenanigans there, just saying.  There is always a way around a rule.  As Fiends, we usually know this more than most.  ?

Most of the Fort Rangers I saw were directing traffic on the main drag between loops.  There were a couple handing out candy amd since I was walking a dog, I was able to hear some conversation between the Popo and guests.  Much to my surprise, he was asking how they were doing, how their campers were, if they were having any issues with their camoers, etc.  These were the type of questions that if you were staying there you would feel comfortable answering and talking with him about.  So kudos to the Popo for trying to sniff the locals that got through out.  I didn't see any scanning of magic bands as promised.  Maybe that was at the dock and at the entrance.

Many of those cars were still here (in the grass overflow areas) yesterday and some yet today. I think many locals and others had family staying with them or brought two cars to haul all their decorations.

12 hours ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

As a local fiend not camping at the fort, I'm very happy the Grand Gathering and Birthday party were not on Halloween night.

This is the very reason I chose to have the GG potluck on Saturday and not anywhere near Halloween night.  I will most likely do this again, especially because Halloween will be during the week in 2017 and more people will be able to attend on the weekend and there will be less resistance from the Disney Popo.  

11 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Many of those cars were still here (in the grass overflow areas) yesterday and some yet today. I think many locals and others had family staying with them or brought two cars to haul all their decorations.

When I was talking with Lorna (lornaduck), Kelly and Stacy during the ToT, we specifically asked this one group of people where they were from and they told us they drove an hour to come and ToT and did not have a reservation this year.  They explained that they, in previous years, had reservations, but this year did not, and chose just to come in and ToT.  They didn't say how they got in, but there was a bunch of them all dressed up.  The four of us gave each other looks, as we were just talking about the locals situation and how Stacy and Kelly Waldrep (tiggerinbama) had gone through $150 worth of candy and it was just 7pm.  I know that Melissa (MandMluvsDVD or something like that, I never can remember it right) ran out of a monster amount of candy early as well.  I am not saying it was because of locals, I am just saying that is a ton of candy.  I know people are going to go around the system put in place.  How much candy is enough?