INLAWS!!!

October 13th 2017 we will be checking into the Fort for a 2+ week stay.  We will be traveling with at least a three-year-old ( his bday trip).  We hope to have a 2nd child adopted by that time and it will be less than a year old.  I'm not a huge fan of taking an infant into Disney for  a whole day but know it can be done with proper planning and proper gear.

So we've invited both sets of grandparents to attend for some, or all of the trip IN THEIR OWN accommodations....  My mother has committed to coming down for a week and staying at one of the resorts or possible a cabin at the Fort (she likes the idea of having her rental car close by).  My inlaws, on the other hand own a class A and have shown interest in coming down but are very reluctant to commit to anything for fear of loosing a deposit even after showing them the cancelation policy..  

So my question to you Fort AffiniFriends how quickly does the fort fill up for mid October?  I've hear it can be very tricky to book a campsite for an extended stay after 180 days from checkin for October?  Is this true?

The other thing im struggling with is they are sugesting they stay off property at a "less expensive" camp ground and commute in each day to spend time with the grandchild.  How do you sell value of the fort to someone who only looks at dollars and cents?

Edited by bdm
On 11/8/2016 at 9:07 AM, Beckers said:

Why doesn't your wife (or whoever isn't the main person on your reservation) book a site for them? That way you have it (unless you'd really rather them end up somewhere else haha). I'm not too familiar with the cancellation policy but would that work?

This is what we did..  Thx that makes life much easier.

• 5 months later...

If it was my mother in law, I would encourage her to rent a campsite at least 3000 miles away, and that would still be too close.

On 5/7/2017 at 4:50 PM, ftwildernessguy said:

If it was my mother in law, I would encourage her to rent a campsite at least 3000 miles away, and that would still be too close.

Funny story... we booked a local campsite for a few days of July 4th and invited the in laws to come along.

We've been to the campground a bunch of times. It's owned by a family that also lives there, and we've gotten to know them a bit.

We each called for our reservations separately and the day after they confirmed ours, DH got a message from the owner saying that his mother had also called for a reservation and requested the site next to ours. She was very serious and wanted to know if it was ok to put her there or if we'd prefer it if she put her on the other side of the campground!!  LOL