Newbie- and first time going to the fort help?

Hi everyone, so glad to have found this site and thank you for accepting me!

we just made our reservation for the fort for October 14th 2017, yes I know far away but the planning is on for our first visit.

we did preferred, we have two dogs but going to leave them home as one doesn't like fireworks. So we don't mind dogs at all.

we have been checking the app

" fort sites "and looking at videos of the loops. 

we asked for loop 300(I know not a quarantee) because I have one knee replacement just done and other one will be done In Feb 2017 so I will be using a portable scooter to get around and would like to be near the comfort station and bus station and pool.

We have a jayco swift bh154 (18ft x 8ft) with no slides but we do have an awning. We tow with a 2010 Jeep Liberty. 

Hope I have not bored you ?

We would like a site near the beginning or end ( as I can tell from your posts it can get congested in the middle) we were thinking 302,306 or 316? 

Our Small trailer is not that hard to back in. On the app when it says difficult does that mean for big rigs?

how are loops 100 and 200? Quieter?

Any suggestions or help would be great! 

Thanks so much!

Welcome!!

Yes, difficult means for big rigs. An 18 ft rig will fit in any site at the Fort.

Any of the preferred loops will be great for you. I'll bump an old thread that has lists of sites in the loops "near the comfort station". Hopefully that will help.

I would just note that you want to be near the comfort station. Also 100-200 will be closer to the marina.

We were in the 300 loop last month.  We requested a site near the comfort station, and the site we were given was not far from the CS, however the trail to get there was through the woods and swampy water, covered with tree shavings.  While this was OK for us, it probably would not work well for a motorized scooter.  Make sure that the cast member who assigns your site at check in understands that you need to be near a PAVED path to the comfort station.  Have a great trip.

1 hour ago, PghBob said:

We were in the 300 loop last month.  We requested a site near the comfort station, and the site we were given was not far from the CS, however the trail to get there was through the woods and swampy water, covered with tree shavings.  While this was OK for us, it probably would not work well for a motorized scooter.  Make sure that the cast member who assigns your site at check in understands that you need to be near a PAVED path to the comfort station.  Have a great trip.

This is true. Most of the paths to the comfort station in 300 are a mulched path. We ran into that once when we were in 300.

Make sure that the cast member who assigns your site at check in understands that you need to be near a PAVED path to the comfort station.  Have a great trip.

Good point! The sites near the paved path are at the very beginning /end of the loop. There are a couple of paths in from other parts of the loop but those are the unpaved ones.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk