Hey gang, we haven't camped since 2014, so I could be missing something. However, our online check-in didn't allow for loop choice. In fact, it's set-up like a resort (asking for upper floor, etc). I ended-up choosing the accommodates fold-out awning option. There wasn't a loop option or a comfort station option. There was also no place to write a note. I do plan to fax 5 days ahead. However, I was just wondering if this is the new norm. I haven't found a thread that discussed this issue. Any insight is appreciated. Thank you.

When I did online check-in 2 weeks ago for my premium site, I chose 5th wheel (I have a Class A with 2 slides ) and must accommodate fold out awning. I also faxed my site request and received one of my 3 preferred sites.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Apparently, it's the new norm :(

I am bummed. 

15 hours ago, ceemike...Mike & Judy said:

When I did online check-in 2 weeks ago for my premium site, I chose 5th wheel (I have a Class A with 2 slides ) and must accommodate fold out awning. I also faxed my site request and received one of my 3 preferred sites.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's a great idea! Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...

I would bet that it was just a stoopid programming mistake. The requests were written standard for all resorts, then they actually programmed some exceptions due to the uniqueness of the Fort.  Then recently, they made some change to the online checkin, that defaulted the "requests" back to the standards for all resorts, then nobody bothered to go back in and program the exceptions for Fort Wilderness.

I will say that they have been more receptive to selecting a site once you get there than in previous trips. The trip before the last one I made a specific request not to be next to the main bus road in the camp, and sure enough we were given a site that placed the backside of the site about 10' away from the road. We used the nifty fort fiends app and noticed this when they told us our site number and asked if we could select another site. If we didn't have a 5 and 7 year old that are a bit flighty it probably wouldn't have been as much of an issue. Anyway we were instantly presented with about 6 other options. Previous times this would have taken an act of congress. :)