Fuelrod Service Extended to a Few Resorts

If your son is like mine, he uses up his phone battery on Pokemon and these fuel rods are a lifesaver.  Looks like you can pick one up now a couple of more places.  Thanks to wdw news today (wdwnt.com) for the article and information. 

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/11/fuelrod-service-extending-select-disney-world-resort-hotels/

Fuelrod.jpg

photo credit: wdwnt.com

I know this was brought up a while ago about purchasing a fuel rod from another location or on line from Amazon and exchanging them at WDW.

Has anyone tried that, and did it work? 

Since they have a barcode on them it would be simple enough to code the WDW ones differently so the exchange kiosk only accepts them and not ones purchased off site.,

Just like the can recycling kiosks in NY only accept cans from certain states.

54 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I know this was brought up a while ago about purchasing a fuel rod from another location or on line from Amazon and exchanging them at WDW.

Has anyone tried that, and did it work? 

Since they have a barcode on them it would be simple enough to code the WDW ones differently so the exchange kiosk only accepts them and not ones purchased off site.,

Just like the can recycling kiosks in NY only accept cans from certain states.

I had emailed them asking as I just bought one on my last trip and they can be changed at any kiosk with no limitations. So buy the $10 cheaper offsite and swap it at Disney if you need to. 

5 hours ago, Beckers said:

They charge $5 for shipping so $25 from their site vs $30 at Disney. Not as much of a markup as I expected.

$5 convenience of me not having to think about bringing it beforehand and planning....

works for me!  lol

22 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I had emailed them asking as I just bought one on my last trip and they can be changed at any kiosk with no limitations. So buy the $10 cheaper offsite and swap it at Disney if you need to. 

Where can I find a "fuel rod" for $10?  

Or is it a off brand you bought?

I didn't see any line in the space mountain shop toe change. It was quick and easy. It fully charged my iPhone 5c or my Samsung s5 nd had a little more left over  but not both  if you recharge it yourself it takes about 6 hours for a full charge from empty  

• 1 month later...

I bought one this trip because I can't remember to charge the other one I own. It's worked out great. Jason and I have been sharing the same one, and we just trade it when we need to. I've even remembered to charge it on my own a few nights. 

Okay...what is this?  I think it's an external battery to charge your cell phone..but I don't understand what the kiosk are...?

Yes, it's an external charger. The stations are where you can exchange a used one for a fully charged one. You can also charge them on your own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk