You Can Now Rent a Private Cabana in the MK

19 minutes ago, bhall said:

Does TCDs mantra apply? "Disney always wins"

You might think not.

But, Fox Business says yes:

It doesn't matter if you think it's a lousy idea. All it takes is roughly 0.2% of the guests attending the park on any given day to be won over by the concept for it to succeed. It's going to be popular with wedding parties, celebrities, and conventioneers. It's going to be popular with well-to-do young families who typically head back to their hotels in the afternoon for a midday break.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2016/11/22/disney-world-top-park-has-new-64-treat.html

So, there you have it.

Disney always wins.

TCD

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, well, I'm renting one and you losers can't come in.

This, to me, is near the absolute bottom of the barrel for money grabbing. In one breath they are complaining about park attendance dropping off and offering all kinds of package discounts to get peop

You all are missing it. Disney is filling a need.  where else in the park can you go and sit down together, while having food and drinks brought to you. Oh wait,I guess there are restaurants. But then

5 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

It's going to be popular with well-to-do young families who typically head back to their hotels in the afternoon for a midday break.

Can you imagine trying to convince an exhausted and extremely cranky toddler to go to sleep with the Magic Kingdom just on the other side of a tent wall?  I'm not saying some folks won't try, but I think they are going to be extremely disappointed with the results.  Especially when they fuinally manage to rock Junior to sleep, only to have the Incredibles Dance Party start up.

I can't imagine there will be much privacy, as those tents will be quickly get very humid with all the flaps down.

Plus, imagine being the DCP intern who draws the short stick and has to convince guests all day, in a multitude of langauges, that they can't sit down for a minute in the inviting shade.

Also, how much longer do you think all that white is going to stay white?

Once again I have to begrudgingly admire Disney for it's seemingly won't work money making ideas (especially since they won't be making this money off me). I think it really doesn't matter that we see this as a hot tent in the middle of Tomorrowland. People will start bragging on social media -- let the bloggers stay in them for free or reduced rates a couple of times -- and it will become the in thing to do at MK. Much like... well, practically everything else related to Disney.  People will decorate their cabanas for the day. Share on Instagram the special snacks they prepared to eat IN THEIR OWN CABANA!!!! , etc., etc.  It's going to be huge!

1 hour ago, Momof6....aka Marty said:

Can you imagine trying to convince an exhausted and extremely cranky toddler to go to sleep with the Magic Kingdom just on the other side of a tent wall?  I'm not saying some folks won't try, but I think they are going to be extremely disappointed with the results.  Especially when they fuinally manage to rock Junior to sleep, only to have the Incredibles Dance Party start up.

I can't imagine there will be much privacy, as those tents will be quickly get very humid with all the flaps down.

Plus, imagine being the DCP intern who draws the short stick and has to convince guests all day, in a multitude of langauges, that they can't sit down for a minute in the inviting shade.

Also, how much longer do you think all that white is going to stay white?

I can't argue with any of this.

Except I think the young families who can afford this price point will have staff along to mind the tired children.

1 hour ago, Seals said:

Once again I have to begrudgingly admire Disney for it's seemingly won't work money making ideas (especially since they won't be making this money off me). I think it really doesn't matter that we see this as a hot tent in the middle of Tomorrowland. People will start bragging on social media -- let the bloggers stay in them for free or reduced rates a couple of times -- and it will become the in thing to do at MK. Much like... well, practically everything else related to Disney.  People will decorate their cabanas for the day. Share on Instagram the special snacks they prepared to eat IN THEIR OWN CABANA!!!! , etc., etc.  It's going to be huge!

You're not wrong.

I remember when I thought they'd lose their butts trying to sell $2 Million McMansions on that swamp they cleared next to Fort Wilderness. But guess what? That place is nearly sold out!  And what about those mobile homes on stilts sitting in the water across the Seven Seats Lagoon?  What do those go for $2500 a night?  Who would pay that?  Enough to justify building some even uglier cabins on the banks of Bay Lake at the Wilderness Lodge.  There are enough people out there with more money than brains for Disney to continue to come up with these schemes to take some of that excess money off their hands.

The brilliant thing about this tent city is that it comes with zero risk and high potential reward for Disney.  Those tents are probably left over from a Run Disney or Wide World of Sports event.  So they're already paid for.  Throw them up and see what happens.

TCD

11 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Is there a fiend on the scene that good hobby there and see if they are being used?

my bet is they are.  

I bet Disney is making a killing off these cabanas.   Think about. They rent it one time and that pays for the tent and the plastic planter boxes.  

People will pay a lot of money for exclusivity.  

With as popular as cabanas are on Castaway Cay, the deluxe pools, etc., I'm sure these will stay booked. I just hope they get something nicer looking if they're going to be permanent. 

1 hour ago, Beckers said:

First fiend to take a selfie with their face plastered against the plastic windows gets a mickey bar on me.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've put my kids to sleep all over Disney World parks.

On 11/21/2016 at 5:25 PM, alexwyattmommy said:

I don't even see a fan for air movement inside that plastic, keep all the humidity inside, tent.

After I realized this wasn't a joke, when I saw it on facebook, that was my first thought. For that kind of money, they need to be climate controlled 100%, not even just a fan. 

On 11/22/2016 at 10:26 AM, PghBob said:

700 bucks could buy 5 nights at the Fort, or about 7 really nice meals at a sit down, air conditioned restaurant.  Decisions...decisions.  I think we won't be renting park time at the tent.

For me it would pay for 14 nights at the fort. And since we already have annual passes, that's a no-brainer as far as where to spend the money. 

On 11/22/2016 at 5:43 PM, Beckers said:

First fiend to take a selfie with their face plastered against the plastic windows gets a mickey bar on me.

Disney beat you to it. They come with a complimentary Mickey Bar for each of the 8 people allowed in them. And yes, only 8 people can use, regardless of the size of your party. 

I could not dream of affording anything like this. Even if I could afford it, I wouldn't pay for this generic crap. 

The thing that really makes me angry is that they placed them in my "down-time" area. That spot is where we would go to sit and eat and just take a break. It was shady with benches and we usually had the entire area to ourselves. When the grandchildren were younger, we could let them out of the stroller to run around in the somewhat confined area. I'm sure we are not the only family that loved this out of the way spot. 

• 3 weeks later...