New info on Wilderness Lodge pool/restaurant

According to the Disney Food Blog, there are retractable walls at Geyser Point which will allow the entire area to be enclosed:

geyser%20point_zpsne2pvtba.jpg

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/02/14/first-look-and-review-geyser-point-bar-and-grill-at-disneys-wilderness-lodge/

Note that their source for that information is one of their Facebook friends.  I am not so sure about this.

TCD

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had some extra Southwest points so I came down just to see if this place was enclosable. Sent from my handheld doohickie

The Orlando Theme Park News website is reporting that the Geyser Point restaurant is opening on February 13th, and that Roaring Forks and the Trout Pass pool bar will simultaneously be shutting down f

That sounds just fine.  You'll be able to use the new pool and go to the new restaurant, and you'll have plenty of room in your villa.  I'd rather be in the original building too. TCD

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:21 PM, WannaBeImagineer said:

I think I saw some video from a boat that shows there's a head wall there next to the restaurant so the water is about 2-3ft down.  I think the white you see in the picture is the top of the bulkhead.

I guess Disney is assuming people won't jump down into the water from there...

WBI

Can a gator bite one of these geniuses' feet?:

TCD

19 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

According to the Disney Food Blog, there are retractable walls at Geyser Point which will allow the entire area to be enclosed:

geyser%20point_zpsne2pvtba.jpg

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/02/14/first-look-and-review-geyser-point-bar-and-grill-at-disneys-wilderness-lodge/

Note that their source for that information is one of their Facebook friends.  I am not so sure about this.

TCD

I can see this happening... At Capital One's campus in Richmond, they are remodeling a couple of their eating establishments and incorporating this open panel concept in the dining areas.

44 minutes ago, Duane said:

I can see this happening... At Capital One's campus in Richmond, they are remodeling a couple of their eating establishments and incorporating this open panel concept in the dining areas.

I think it's a great idea too- but I check out the photos in the Disney Food Blog article- I don't see any evidence of retractable walls, nor do I see any AC ducts.

TCD

34 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I think it's a great idea too- but I check out the photos in the Disney Food Blog article- I don't see any evidence of retractable walls, nor do I see an AC ducts.

TCD

If you look in this photo you can see the darker panel across the top of the openings that are in tracks of the angled beams. The would stop before the floor so I don't think they can fully enclose it unless they have some type of a skirt.

Wilderness-Lodge-Geyser-Point-Bar-and-Gr

3 minutes ago, keith_h said:

If you look in this photo you can see the darker panel across the top of the openings that are in tracks of the angled beams. The would stop before the floor so I don't think they can fully enclose it unless they have some type of a skirt.

I noticed that also.  It could be some sort of screen to help keep some of the cold out. 

1 hour ago, keith_h said:

I see what you are talking about, but like you pointed out- if those are tracks whatever is on those tracks would not reach the floor.  Also, the angle would make them lose a lot of floor space and seating. 

I guess I'm going to need to go and check on this myself.

TCD

16 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I see what you are talking about, but like you pointed out- if those are tracks whatever is on those tracks would not reach the floor.  Also, the angle would make them lose a lot of floor space and seating. 

I guess I'm going to need to go and check on this myself.

TCD

It never hurts to be on a mission to justify another trip to WDW. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Wow.  Very cool.

There must be some Hidden Mickeys around there.

Have you found any?

Also, the old rail car has #749 on it.  That must mean something.

And, what is the design in the center of that Boulder Ridge plaque?

TCD

I pulled it from the picture and increased the size. Looks like a mountain range. Or a ridge if you will. 

Boulder%20Ridge%20sign_zpsp6xkaubu.jpg