Well we just did it but not by choice. Hurricane split our stay. They gave us a room close to the parking lot and we hauled stuff back and forth. We weren't packed for staying in a motel that was the biggest pain we had no luggage.  At PORS parking was no problem just make sure they know you have a rig to park and they will put you in the right section of the resort with better parking for it. My self if I bring my RV I want to stay in it.

We booked late a couple of years ago.  Ended up with Mon. through Thursday at the Fort, weekend at the Wilderness Lodge & parked there, back to the Fort again for Mon. through Saturday am.  Tried to leave the RV at the Fort parking area, but Fort CMs would not allow.  Had to take the rig to the WL.  Worked fine.

• 1 month later...

Our daughter got married at WDW, so we stayed at PORS with the wedding party, for 3 nights. Then, we spent a week at Ft. Wilderness. Like others, we parked our fifth wheel in a parking lot by our room. It became the hangout spot for some beers out of the cooler. It worked out well. 

54 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Help me remember again...what's the rule with parking your RV while on a Disney Cruise.  Will they allow it?

We did, but our ressies were on both sides of the cruise. It does take a manager's OK however. I also think it will depend on the "season"..

On 1/2/2017 at 8:57 PM, Dennyha said:

Our daughter got married at WDW, so we stayed at PORS with the wedding party, for 3 nights. Then, we spent a week at Ft. Wilderness. Like others, we parked our fifth wheel in a parking lot by our room. It became the hangout spot for some beers out of the cooler. It worked out well. 

If you stay at a hotel, but sit out in the parking lot drinking beer next to your RV....you might be a Fort Fiend.  LOL.

Welcome!  

On 1/2/2017 at 8:57 PM, Dennyha said:

I think I could hang out with you. 

Welcome!!!

On 11/27/2016 at 5:24 PM, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Considering a split stay between another resort and the Fort for Spring Break. Has anyone done this recently? If so, where did you park your RV while at the other resort? 

Is jason going to sleep in the RV?   

Because I could hang out with him while y'all crash in a hotel.  Lol. 

Is jason going to sleep in the RV?   

Because I could hang out with him while y'all crash in a hotel.  Lol. 

Ha ha ha! He might! I'm trying to talk him into the resort experience. He's digging his feet in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What resort?  

Not sure. Originally when I posted this, I was considering a split Universal plan. Now that's off the table for now.

However, one of my bucket list items is to stay at every WDW resort. We could speed up the timeline on that by tacking 1-2 nights on the beginning or end of our Fort stays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk