The locals want everyone to know that Pigeon Forge, and Sevierville are open for business. Please do not cancel reservations in these two towns, or make plans to go somewhere else. That area survives on tourist dollars and although Gatlinburg was the hardest hit, there are a lot of families that have businesses in all three towns. Even though Gatlinburg is closed, and will be for some time, the other locations have vacancies. I was in Pigeon Forge today and it is business as usual, just without the Christmas shoppers.

For those of you who are familiar with the area, below is a link showing what areas are affected.

http://www.arcgis.com/apps/PublicInformation/index.html?appid=8c18c70f55ac4f81b683454fc7573d76

2 hours ago, TN22.....Brady said:

The locals want everyone to know that Pigeon Forge, and Sevierville are open for business. Please do not cancel reservations in these two towns, or make plans to go somewhere else. That area survives on tourist dollars and although Gatlinburg was the hardest hit, there are a lot of families that have businesses in all three towns. Even though Gatlinburg is closed, and will be for some time, the other locations have vacancies. I was in Pigeon Forge today and it is business as usual, just without the Christmas shoppers.

For those of you who are familiar with the area, below is a link showing what areas are affected.

http://www.arcgis.com/apps/PublicInformation/index.html?appid=8c18c70f55ac4f81b683454fc7573d76

We were there they past two years just before Christmas and it was so pretty and a lot of fun. It's so sad but I hope people will keep their vacation plans, or decide to make plans to go. The area does depend on it.

This makes me mad......

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/crime/2016/12/09/sources-teens-toying-matches-started-fatal-wildfire/95210356/

Sources familiar with the teenagers and the investigation but not authorized to speak publicly about the case say the two boys are friends and live in Anderson County. The boys were hiking on the Chimney Tops trail in the park on Nov. 23 and tossing lit matches onto the ground around the trail, the sources said. 

9 hours ago, Helmsey......Todd said:

I don't know where this type of idiocy comes from. Reading the article it sounds like charges might still be coming for the deaths.

We camped at a nearby State Park over Thanksgiving. They were fighting a fire as we arrived. We saw several places out on the trails where fires had been. Talking with the ranger those appeared to be the same thing of some teenagers screwing around with matches. If the fires hadn't been caught early by other campers the whole park would have likely gone up in flames.