I found this pick of a fort site water faucet from a Pinterest page.

im confused they have hot and cold faucets? We will be bringing our travel trailer when we go for our first fort trip and hook up to city water (cold) but curious what is the hot water for? Outside washing? 

IMG_2400.PNG

They are both cold water connections. One connection is for your rv, the other typically has hose already connected but with the female threaded end removed. We typically use it to rinse items off such as the golf car or anything else needing a rinse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 12/13/2016 at 10:44 PM, keith_h said:

While we're talking about water a word of warning. The water at Fort Wilderness, actually much of Florida, has a strange taste and smell if you are not used to it. My suggestions is you buy bottled water for drinking and things like coffee or tea.

It's the alligator pee. That's why most of us have wells. :ph34r:

Bruin12.  The best advice you got was to bring your own bottled water for drinking.  A case of 24 bottles at the fort will cost you at least $17.00.  You might also want to get a water filter sold at Walmart for $18.00.  It attaches to the hose bib and then you attach your own water hose to it so that you are bathing and washing with water that doesn't taste like what Roberta said.  She is right as alligators have been relieving themselves in Florida for millions of years.  Thats also my theory as to why the ocean tastes salty.  All those fish plus billions of years.