We're eating at Trails End, and there are no hula hoops. Apparently they replaced them, and they were all taken this weekend. Josie made it sound like they might not be getting more because people break or take them. Major bummer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wasn't going to say anything but before a million show up I think I should.  I took the liberty of ordering 6 and having them shipped c/o the Millers. They should get delivered tomorrow if all

Here is a picture of when we gave ours to Josephine. She says she's keeping closer watch on the ones that were given to her. What is mostly happening is kids are bending them by stepping on them and p

Sounds like a Fiend Mission is in order. Every Fiend that comes to the Fort needs to give Josie a Purple Hoola Hoop!

10 minutes ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

We're eating at Trails End, and there are no hula hoops. Apparently they replaced them, and they were all taken this weekend. Josie made it sound like they might not be getting more because people break or take them. Major bummer

That's too bad, there are a lot of scummy people out there.

But they could go to Dollar Tree and replace them for a buck a piece.  It's part of doing business and good customer service.

I'm sure they have a lot more expensive items in the other resorts get stolen or broken that get replaced immediately.

Them dirty, stinky campers don't deserve to have nice things!

7 minutes ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Yeah, they know about that one but said they can't it down. We're going to get it later. But still only 1... And where are the parents when kids are doing that?

Probably the parents who did it in the first place!!

our last trip adam found 3 scattered around the playground area 

6 minutes ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Yeah, they know about that one but said they can't it down. We're going to get it later. But still only 1... And where are the parents when kids are doing that?

There are a lot of scummy people out there and people that are in their own little world and common sense, decency and manners fly out the window the second they step onto Disney property.  Everything is supposed to revolve around them, and dammit, they are going to have a magical time!

42 minutes ago, Travisma said:

But they could go to Dollar Tree and replace them for a buck a piece.  It's part of doing business and good customer service.

Oh come on.  I read this morning that Disney has only grossed $7B at the box office this year.  How do you expect them to drop $5 or $10 per week on hula hoops?  They are barely making ends meet...and I can't imagine what poor Bobby is going to have to live on.  

7 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Oh come on.  I read this morning that Disney has only grossed $7B at the box office this year.  How do you expect them to drop $5 or $10 per week on hula hoops?  They are barely making ends meet...and I can't imagine what poor Bobby is going to have to live on.  

True, and then the truckloads of $$ they take in from the parks.

But remember, ESPN is sucking the life out of them and costing them a bundle.  

They need to dump that pig while there are others crazy enough to purchase it.

Looking at Disney of the past, it's amazing how far they have seemed to have drifted from their original core of kids/family entertainment.

3 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

And where are the parents when kids are doing that

From our experience in October the parents are likely sitting in a ricking chair (or in a small group at a picnic table) looking at their phones. Meanwhile little Bobby and Suzie are running around tearing things up.

2 hours ago, Helmsey......Todd said:

From our experience in October the parents are likely sitting in a ricking chair (or in a small group at a picnic table) looking at their phones. Meanwhile little Bobby and Suzie are running around tearing things up.

It's always so frustrating watching that happen.  I get that parents need to relax, but we've been at the playground for 45 minutes and watched parents not look up from their phones the entire time.  Not only can your child get hurt, or hurt someone/damage something, but you miss the simple things...  and those are often times, the most amazing moments.  You can't get them back:  those moments.  The chance to catch up on emails or post something to FB... yeah, probably another chance there. 

15 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

It's always so frustrating watching that happen.  I get that parents need to relax, but we've been at the playground for 45 minutes and watched parents not look up from their phones the entire time.  Not only can your child get hurt, or hurt someone/damage something, but you miss the simple things...  and those are often times, the most amazing moments.  You can't get them back:  those moments.  The chance to catch up on emails or post something to FB... yeah, probably another chance there. 

But let their little precious princess or pirate skin their knee and they'll be calling a lawyer to sue...

22 minutes ago, keith_h said:

I come to believe for a lot of folks today kids are just another accessory. They are only there to draw attention to the parent and their wonderfulness. Sadly they are not much different than a watch earrings.

That (possible) reality, breaks my heart...

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

But let their little precious princess or pirate skin their knee and they'll be calling a lawyer to sue...

Oh goodness...yep!  Of course, they will sue double if their child got hurt while breaking a rule.  

Mercy, I can only imagine some of the excuses judges must hear today.  I would be throwing out cases, left and right.  Of course... a chunk of society does not like to hear about responsibilities, so I probably wouldn't be on the bench for very long. 

31 minutes ago, keith_h said:

I come to believe for a lot of folks today kids are just another accessory. They are only there to draw attention to the parent and their wonderfulness. Sadly they are not much different than a watch earrings.

Sad but true.

Mrs. TCD is a preschool teacher.  It is astonishing how many parents take zero interest in their children's education.  It has definitely changed for the worse over the years that she has taught.  A lot of kids today have no idea how to properly hold a crayon or pencil to write, and don't know their ABC's or other basic things that 4 years olds used to know.  Parents don't read the newsletters or seem to care about working with their children outside of school.  And we are talking about children of affluent, educated parents.  Very sad.

TCD

25 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Sad but true.

Mrs. TCD is a preschool teacher.  It is astonishing how many parents take zero interest in their children's education.  

Our school district uses an online grading system and that's how report cards are issued (no paper copies). This year we did get a paper copy because they can track who logs in and views the report card and less than 50% of the parents were!! And it's not because of lack of internet access either. It seriously blows my mind how people are so uninvolved.

35 minutes ago, Beckers said:

It seriously blows my mind how people are so uninvolved.

Many young parents seem to rely on technology instead of parenting.  With all of the educational software out there, you'd think that kids would be smarter coming in to school.  But the opposite is true. Kids know how to use a touch screen to play games, but know nothing about the alphabet, or how to write letters. Or how to act in a classroom.

Keep doing what you're doing.  Your kids will be lightyears ahead of their classmates.

TCD

The problem with technology is it doesn't take into account the human interaction part of learning. By reading a book or even from a Kindle you are building the physical bonds between family members. You also get the physical feedback that leads to a person being able to interact with other people. The biggest to me is a child does many things to please the parent and through innate curiosity. A machine cannot provide for either of these and without it the child, IMO, will fail at appreciating how to learn.   

3 hours ago, GradyBunch said:

We are eating here now and can confirm that still, no hula hoops. emoji19.png

But nice new costumes.  Both the hostesses (such as Josephine and Paulette) and the servers now where jeans and a blue plaid shirt.  The red and white dresses are gone, as are the plain denim shirts.  They actually look pretty nice and are comfortable.