Any rumours yet about a new MK evening parade?

I haven't heard anything about a night parade at the MK.

There is a rumor that the Festival of Fantasy (FOF) parade may go down for a few weeks before spring break peak time hits.  A corollary to that rumor is that they might modify some of the floats to allow their use for nighttime performances of FOF.

The Disney Parks Blog just told us 17 reasons to visit WDW in 2017: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/01/17-reasons-to-visit-walt-disney-world-resort-in-2017/

I find the lack of any mention of a new parade at MK to be significant.

TCD

21 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Someone I know was recently told not to give up hope about Paint the Night coming.... 

Now that would be pretty awesome IF it happens.

20 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

There is a rumor that the Festival of Fantasy (FOF) parade may go down for a few weeks before spring break peak time hits.  A corollary to that rumor is that they might modify some of the floats to allow their use for nighttime performances of FOF.

Yikes - so MK would have *no* parade for a few weeks?  I get that "things change" but no parade at MK at all - even for a few weeks -  just seems wrong.

20 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

And I find your lack of faith disturbing.  

20 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I find your comment vague and unconvincing.

TCD

19 hours ago, shoreline99 said:

I'm surprised they approved my comment.

I have no comment on your comments.

On 1/3/2017 at 1:20 PM, Travisma said:

A cousin of a friends friend who used to be a CM's girlfriend but now is dating a tattoo artist working in Melbourne heard that there is a new nighttime parade in Disneyland,

Something call an Electric Parade? 

It's not new. It's the normal parade that gets transferred every 3 years back and forth between California and Florida. It won't be back until 2020ish. Maybe sooner. 

• 3 weeks later...

There was another article on this parade recently on wdwnt.com.  Here is the link.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/01/rumor-paint-night-electrical-parade-still-possibility-magic-kingdom/

I know Disney said there were no plans “at the time” for the highly acclaimed Paint the Night Parade to move to Florida, but a lot has changed since the Fall of 2016.

paint-the-night-signage-better-800x533.j

Drooping attendance at Walt Disney World since last summer has had many an executive at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts examining the idea of moving the Diamond Celebration blockbuster out east to help bolster what they hope to be an explosive Summer 2017 in Orlando.

While Disney’s Animal Kingdom will debut Pandora: The World of AVATAR (and possibly, hopefully, Rivers of Light), the other 3 parks just don’t have a whole lot going on as far as new offerings for this year. Just in case AVATAR isn’t enough to convince someone to go to Orlando in 2017, Disney may want to bring Paint the Night to Walt Disney World. Rumors also persist that a new nighttime show for the Magic Kingdom is in development for a debut later this year.

Now, management at the Disneyland Resort is putting up quite the fight, but the decision will be made above them one way or the other in the next few weeks. I would assume that attendance for the returning Main Street Electrical Parade at Disneyland Park will play a role, but the possibility of the “limited” run for that event until June being extended indefinitely (or glowing away for a Star Wars fireworks show in California) and sending Paint the Night away to the Magic Kingdom seems to be fairly likely.

Article and photo credits: wdwnt.com

• 3 weeks later...

Great news!

The Wonderful and Popular Move It! Shake It! Dance and Play It! Street Party is going to be performed at night!

The first one is at 7:15 next Friday night!

Hours

Friday February 17, 2017
  • 12:30 PM
  • 5:45 PM
  • 7:15 PM

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/move-it-shake-it-dance-play-it/

So there you have it.

The MK once again has a nighttime parade.

Now we have nothing to complain about.

TCD

38 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Great news!

The Wonderful and Popular Move It! Shake It! Dance and Play It! Street Party is going to be performed at night!

The first one is at 7:15 next Friday night!

Hours

Friday February 17, 2017
  • 12:30 PM
  • 5:45 PM
  • 7:15 PM

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/move-it-shake-it-dance-play-it/

So there you have it.

The MK once again has a nighttime parade.

Now we have nothing to complain about.

TCD

Other than the fact that it's a lame parade with no lights, and the main characters only appear when the parade ends.

4 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Other than the fact that it's a lame parade with no lights, and the main characters only appear when the parade ends.

But it has those cool video screens and that high-energy song that even has some Spanish words in it.

Everyone wants a night time parade, and now they have one!

Guests are going to love it!

(time to raise ticket prices)

TCD