Waggin Tails Dog Park

Waggin Tails is the fully enclosed dog park located just outside the entrance to the 300 loop, across from 500. 

Most of the park is very grassy and there are poop bag dispensers and trash barrels conveniently located.

PLEASE PICK UP AFTER YOUR DOG

The entrance is double gated/latched to make it easier to let dogs in/out without anyone escaping.

There are a couple of picnic tables and some benches for the humans (one that's generally in the shade).

There are auto-refill water bowls along the fence.  If the water is warm (stagnant) just splash them empty and they'll refill.

There's also a hose near the gate if you need to wash off your dogs.

There is no separate area for small dogs so you'll want to scope out who may already be in there before you go in and keep tabs on the other dogs there if you have a small dog.

If there are small dogs in the park when we bring our border collies in, we try and keep our gang away.

Of course nothing we can do about the small dogs that come chasing ours.  :D

We've had pretty good luck but not all owners are smart/attentive with their dogs and not all dogs love all other dogs.

Know your dog well and stay alert and you should be fine.

Posted Dog Park Rules:

No puppies under 4 mos or females in heat allowed

All dogs must be supervised at all times by someone over 12.

Anyone under 12 in the park must be accompanied by an adult.

No choke, chain, prong or training collars allowed inside the dog park.

I just learned something new, I had no idea the dog park had a name (Waggin Tales).

On another note, we are big fans of taking the dog camping with us.  She has been a part of our routine from day one.  The most important thing we can think of is make sure your dog has a spot/place that is her own.  We have a dog bed in the main bedroom.  We feel that helps her feel at home and be less nervous when we leave her in the trailer.

Agreed!  We shopped for the new TT with this very thing in mind.

So when we got our Open Range Roamer, very first thing we did was rip out the extra couch and bunk and install 3 big crates for the kiddos.  Then DH set about building a bar for the top of it...

4906295456_b3914bf197_z.jpg

They each have their cushy bed, water bowl and a couple of favorite toys in them, and this is their hangout when we're away from the TT.

There are fans installed above the crates (raised part of the bar that flips open) for when we need a little extra circulation.

Because this slideout was intended as a bunk, there's a TV hookup right next to it and during the day we plug the bedroom TV in for them there.

Yes, I'm making a camper payment for my dogs...  :worms:

• 2 weeks later...

The dog park is a favorite with our 2 girls. I know they remember it from prior visits because as soon as we get to the main road from Loop 500 and the see it that is where they stat pulling us to.  We always are very watchful of other dogs and ours when inside because dogs have personalities and may not always get along, but so far we have never had any major issues. Our dogs get along pretty well with bigger dogs and smaller ones. This is good since as Monique pointed out it is just one big space.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, my "pony" as she was lovingly referred to by the Fiends, loved the dog park and would pull us there as fast as she could as soon as it was in her sight, though given her size we did try to be careful as some were purely afraid even though she was very gentle for such a large dog... We tried to steer clear when it seemed like the "toy group" was holding court  ;)

Now that we are up North, we had to rehome our Newfies to a friend of ours who is taking very good care of them for us, but we have a lil pup who is just bout 3 months old (who wont shed as much-the stipulation for being able to have a dog here) now that I''m sure will love the dog park every bit as much as they did  ??? ??? :heart:

Brady- I love the mods to the bunk house for the crates!!!! What a wonderful idea!!!

Yes, my "pony" as she was lovingly referred to by the Fiends, loved the dog park and would pull us there as fast as she could as soon as it was in her sight, though given her size we did try to be careful as some were purely afraid even though she was very gentle for such a large dog... We tried to steer clear when it seemed like the "toy group" was holding court  :rofl2:

Now that we are up North, we had to rehome our Newfies to a friend of ours who is taking very good care of them for us, but we have a lil pup who is just bout 3 months old (who wont shed as much-the stipulation for being able to have a dog here) now that I''m sure will love the dog park every bit as much as they did  :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Brady- I love the mods to the bunk house for the crates!!!! What a wonderful idea!!!

Awww.... so you don't have hugs no more?  I have some pics somewhere of her dressed in the snow white costume from a couple of years ago... 

Yes, my "pony" as she was lovingly referred to by the Fiends, loved the dog park and would pull us there as fast as she could as soon as it was in her sight, though given her size we did try to be careful as some were purely afraid even though she was very gentle for such a large dog... We tried to steer clear when it seemed like the "toy group" was holding court  :)

Now that we are up North, we had to rehome our Newfies to a friend of ours who is taking very good care of them for us, but we have a lil pup who is just bout 3 months old (who wont shed as much-the stipulation for being able to have a dog here) now that I''m sure will love the dog park every bit as much as they did  :siren: :) :)

Awww.... so you don't have hugs no more?  I have some pics somewhere of her dressed in the snow white costume from a couple of years ago...

When we moved up north, we moved in with my parents to help them out with the bills etc- Dad's retired and Moms job doesnt cover it all and they didnt want to sell the house- but with 10 people in the house spanning 4 generations... having 2 huge dogs that weighed close to 150 lbs each... it was just too much for my Mom and Grandmom to handle- add in the massive shedding... the Bears weren't as happy as they could've been, so we made the sacrifice and let a friend of ours move them up to her house... They're doing good now and settled, but I still miss them and it breaks my heart not having them- but we had to do what was best for everyone...

We just got a golden doodle/border collie mix last month and she's doing really well. The thing thats best about her is that she doesnt shed, but oh boy is she active!!! Matthew was just asking us yesterday about Jasmine and Bell :-) He was saying how he couldnt wait to take Misty to the dog park at the Fort so she can play with Jasmine and Bell!!!

Now I just need to get from NJ to the Fort :)

Not sure if its just a coincidence, but it seems like every time I take Zeus to the park (which he really enjoys),I always meet some friendly folks.  So I benefit Google. :rofl2:

Not sure if its just a coincidence, but it seems like every time I take Zeus to the park (which he really enjoys),I always meet some friendly folks.  So I benefit Google. :rofl2:

[/quote

I see this is your first post!  :rofl2: We're glad you came to join the fun!