Ugh I can hear our neighbor

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aorry about that. I have been a little congested. ;-)  

If it was "that" I'd skip a score card under their door and rate them poorly. Hahaha

This (along with who know what sickness was in the room the day before and how clean the sheets really are) is the reason I refuse to stay in hotel rooms anymore... 

5 hours ago, Beckers said:

Our neighbor is snoring and it is insanely loud. I actually thought it was one of the kids at first because it's that loud. This is going to drive me insane. 

We are at Caribbean Beach and it's not a connecting room. 

Aorry about that. I have been a little congested. ;-)

The night before our daughter's wedding, we stayed at the Grand Floridian since the ceremony was at the wedding pavilion.  I was shocked at how much noise came through those walls.  We had to get up around 6, and around 1AM, a family decided it was time to scream and yell.  After the wedding and a couple day stay at the Boardwalk, we had a week at Fort Wilderness.  I was VERY happy to drive home and bring my camper.  MUCH nicer.

17 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

The night before our daughter's wedding, we stayed at the Grand Floridian since the ceremony was at the wedding pavilion.  I was shocked at how much noise came through those walls.  We had to get up around 6, and around 1AM, a family decided it was time to scream and yell.  After the wedding and a couple day stay at the Boardwalk, we had a week at Fort Wilderness.  I was VERY happy to drive home and bring my camper.  MUCH nicer.

This (along with who know what sickness was in the room the day before and how clean the sheets really are) is the reason I refuse to stay in hotel rooms anymore... :unsure:

1 hour ago, djsamuel said:

In October we did a couple of nights at the Beach club and the rest at the Poly.  I was surprised how much we could hear our neighbors at the Beach club (heck of an argument) but it was blissfully silent at the Poly. You rarely even heard people in the hall. 

10 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

In October we did a couple of nights at the Beach club and the rest at the Poly.  I was surprised how much we could hear our neighbors at the Beach club (heck of an argument) but it was blissfully silent at the Poly. You rarely even heard people in the hall. 

Because these guys wanted you to get a good night's sleep.

4562298-19543751-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARES

Seriously....I bet the modular construction, where each room is separated by essentially "double" walls due to each room being individually and fully constructed, helps insulate from noise pollution.  

50 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Seriously....I bet the modular construction, where each room is separated by essentially "double" walls due to each room being individually and fully constructed, helps insulate from noise pollution.  

It did cross my mind that it had something to do with when/how the Poly was built.  That photo is great! Those guys built a mighty fine hotel.  :)

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

If they're not checking out today, have Amazon ship a c-pap machine to their room. 

Haha... that's the comment I made to her of FB.  Tom's snoring was SCARY loud before he got his cpap.  When our oldest was born, Tom stayed the night in the hospital room...HUGE mistake.  I was pretty sure the new dad in the room next door was going to come beat the crud out him.

16 hours ago, Beckers said:

Our neighbor is snoring and it is insanely loud. I actually thought it was one of the kids at first because it's that loud. This is going to drive me insane. 

We are at Caribbean Beach and it's not a connecting room. 

Quit complaining it's better than having a couple shooting a pictures of kitties in the next room (yes it really happened to me).

2 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

LOL!

Yep, I know whereof I speak.  Neither of us slept before DH got his. 

Right?!  I used to sleep wearing earplugs, a pillow over my head and a loud fan running (obviously before kids).  No joke.  Crazy stuff.

20 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

I didn't know the Poly was built with modular rooms. I knew the Contempo was. Where they built about the same time?  

Designed by the same architects?

I didn't know the Poly was built with modular rooms. I knew the Contempo was. Where they built about the same time?  

Designed by the same architects?

Not sure about the architects, but I believe the rooms for both were constructed at the US Steel facility off Vista, just to the east of the Fort. The building is still there.

Construction methods of the rooms were similar, but whereas the CR framework was built and the rooms slid into place like drawers, the Poly rooms were stacked like blocks.

Dave is spot on and yes, same architect too.  I found this on the Disney Parks Blog...

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/09/histories-of-disneys-contemporary-and-polynesian-resorts/

Disney’s Polynesian Resort and Disney’s Contemporary Resort were designed by WED Enterprises (now Walt Disney Imagineering), the California architectural firm of Welton Becket & Associates and United States Steel Corp. Each was built with a unique process called “unitized modular construction.”

On 1/5/2017 at 8:01 PM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

LOL!

Yep, I know whereof I speak.  Neither of us slept before DH got his.  When we drive down to FL and stop to sleep we don't have power, so he kindly sleeps on the couch.  :)

Why not use an inverter? I can't sleep if I don't have my CPAP- I get heartburn and a brutal headache. We occasionally Wallydock and stay places without power.

22 minutes ago, ependydad...Doug said:

Why not use an inverter? I can't sleep if I don't have my CPAP- I get heartburn and a brutal headache. We occasionally Wallydock and stay places without power.

We have two plugs for Tom's machine... one for the regular power outlet and the other for the 12v/cigarette lighter that is in a cabinet under our tv.  He too cannot sleep without his cpap machine as his snoring wakes him up... either that, or my kicking him all night would do it.  Sleeping on the couch would make absolutely no difference...it would be just as loud.  The cpap machine is a must... or he'd be "sleeping" in the truck.