Ugh I can hear our neighbor

On 1/11/2017 at 10:45 AM, Beckers said:

That's where they put us. I wouldn't have chosen it either. Honestly I Like Pop Century better. Value or deluxe works for me,  I see no need for moderate (unless you have 3 kids).

I couldn't agree more. I despise CBR. I spent one night there about 7 years ago, and couldn't stand it. I moved to POP (my favorite of all time.) At CBR I didn't even feel like we were in Disney. The room was supposed to be a pirate theme but came off as dark, dingy, depressing. Nothing about the grounds make me feel like I'm at Disney. It was a horrible experience, honestly. The only moderate I have ever liked is POR Riverside, and I'm not even sure that even exists anymore, or they may have renamed it. 

When I was a kid, we always stayed at the Contemporary. It was the only hotel I was aware of at that time. I'm not sure if Poly existed or not yet. My sister and I used to take the monorail over to MK all the time ALONE! I don't remember my parents ever going to the park. I was 8 years old and my sister was 11 on our first trip in Dec. 1971. We went every year after that. Can you imagine two kids hitting the parks alone nowadays? Someone would call the police. They would be stopped at the gate. Such a different world not. 

I've stayed at Poly twice - on both of my honeymoons, about 7 years apart. Way out of our price range now, as is Contemporary. 

We've stayed at all the Values and like them all, but POP our favorite. I hope to say that the Fort is our new favorite. Haven't been there in so many years that I won't know until we are there. I know I'm super excited about having my own bed/blankets, and kitchen so we don't have to eat expensive Disney food. Also excited that we will get to be outside when not at the parks. I wish we had a campfire, but hopefully the rest of the Fort will make for the lack of one. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aorry about that. I have been a little congested. ;-)  

If it was "that" I'd skip a score card under their door and rate them poorly. Hahaha

This (along with who know what sickness was in the room the day before and how clean the sheets really are) is the reason I refuse to stay in hotel rooms anymore... 

40 minutes ago, Roberta said:

I couldn't agree more. I despise CBR. I spent one night there about 7 years ago, and couldn't stand it. I moved to POP (my favorite of all time.) At CBR I didn't even feel like we were in Disney. The room was supposed to be a pirate theme but came off as dark, dingy, depressing. Nothing about the grounds make me feel like I'm at Disney. It was a horrible experience, honestly. The only moderate I have ever liked is POR Riverside, and I'm not even sure that even exists anymore, or they may have renamed it. 

When I was a kid, we always stayed at the Contemporary. It was the only hotel I was aware of at that time. I'm not sure if Poly existed or not yet. My sister and I used to take the monorail over to MK all the time ALONE! I don't remember my parents ever going to the park. I was 8 years old and my sister was 11 on our first trip in Dec. 1971. We went every year after that. Can you imagine two kids hitting the parks alone nowadays? Someone would call the police. They would be stopped at the gate. Such a different world not. 

I've stayed at Poly twice - on both of my honeymoons, about 7 years apart. Way out of our price range now, as is Contemporary. 

We've stayed at all the Values and like them all, but POP our favorite. I hope to say that the Fort is our new favorite. Haven't been there in so many years that I won't know until we are there. I know I'm super excited about having my own bed/blankets, and kitchen so we don't have to eat expensive Disney food. Also excited that we will get to be outside when not at the parks. I wish we had a campfire, but hopefully the rest of the Fort will make for the lack of one. 

Port orleans riverside is still there. And we really enjoy staying there. 

Why can't you have a campfire?  You can bring an approved fire pit with you. 

4 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Port orleans riverside is still there. And we really enjoy staying there. 

Why can't you have a campfire?  You can bring an approved fire pit with you. 

Not sure why I was under the impression that it wasn't. Must have gotten the idea in my head from somewhere and it just stuck. I've never actually looked because we prefer POP and always book there. 

I mean a real campfire. If all goes well, I will look into buying one of the metal ones. I've looked at the approved models and thought they would go on clearance out of season, but have yet to find that. They put everything else on clearance in Florida, pretending it's not still summer, but not those. I've never seen one come up on the local buy/sell either, unfortunately. 

If the Fort becomes our regular spot, rather than POP, I'm sure I will get used to the metal pit and make enough great memories that it will no longer seem lame to me. It's just a matter of what I associate with camping now.