Ugh I can hear our neighbor

25 minutes ago, Beckers said:

If only I knew snoring wouldn't be my worst neighbor! The smoking topped this and packing up all your crap and moving sleeping children at 1:30am to the second floor with no elevator was just so much fun!!!

I hate being put next to a smoker's room and always ask to be moved if I see I am near one. I have yet to find a hotel that the smell doesn't work its way into the room I'm in.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aorry about that. I have been a little congested. ;-)  

If it was "that" I'd skip a score card under their door and rate them poorly. Hahaha

This (along with who know what sickness was in the room the day before and how clean the sheets really are) is the reason I refuse to stay in hotel rooms anymore... 

54 minutes ago, Beckers said:

If only I knew snoring wouldn't be my worst neighbor! The smoking topped this and packing up all your crap and moving sleeping children at 1:30am to the second floor with no elevator was just so much fun!!!

Wow I'm surprised Disney allows smoking in the rooms!!!

Even when I smoked I always asked for a non smoking room and would go outside to smoke (didn't smoke inside at home either). I know some hotels have gone completely smoke free inside, Westin, Marriott, and several of the Hyatt's I've stayed in. I always just figured all the Disney hotels were.

19 minutes ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Wow I'm surprised Disney allows smoking in the rooms!!!

Even when I smoked I always asked for a non smoking room and would go outside to smoke (didn't smoke inside at home either). I know some hotels have gone completely smoke free inside, Westin, Marriott, and several of the Hyatt's I've stayed in. I always just figured all the Disney hotels were.

I don't know what the story is here with Beckers, but Disney does not have any smoking rooms that I know of. And that includes the Cruise ships as well.

TCD

Smoking on Disney balconies is a no-no, too:

Q.

Can I smoke on the patio or balcony of my Disney Resort hotel room?

A.

No. Guests may not smoke in their Disney Resort hotel rooms, on patios or on balconies. Each Disney Resort hotel features designated outdoor smoking areas.

When you check in, you’ll receive a map of the Resort hotel that will illustrate the designated smoking areas. The Concierge and Front Desk are also available to direct you to the nearest smoking location.

View a complete list of the Disney Resort hotels at Walt Disney World Resort.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/smoke-free-policy/smoking-on-patio-or-balcony/

TCD

10 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Smoking on Disney balconies is a no-no, too:

Q.

Can I smoke on the patio or balcony of my Disney Resort hotel room?

A.

No. Guests may not smoke in their Disney Resort hotel rooms, on patios or on balconies. Each Disney Resort hotel features designated outdoor smoking areas.

When you check in, you’ll receive a map of the Resort hotel that will illustrate the designated smoking areas. The Concierge and Front Desk are also available to direct you to the nearest smoking location.

View a complete list of the Disney Resort hotels at Walt Disney World Resort.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/smoke-free-policy/smoking-on-patio-or-balcony/

TCD

Yes I know. But I think it might be another case of Disney not enforcing their rules. 

I have 2 stories.

we checked into Caribbean Beach Wednesday and that night Adam (he has asthma) was coughing in his sleep and I caught a whiff of cigarettes. I assumed someone was smoking as they walked by and it just came like under the door (you could see a decent amount of light under our door). I didn't think much of it. Thursday night same thing but it wasn't awful. Friday night I wake up my eyes are burning, he's coughing so bad he's almost throwing up, Elizabeth is crying, and our room REEKS and I mean reeks of cigarettes. It's 1am in the morning and there was no way we could stay there (our neighbor seriously must have smoked 6 cigarettes in an hour (we could hear the door open and shut constantly). So Brian got dressed and walked down to the front desk and was probably gone for 45 mins between getting there, waiting for them to find us a room, having them change it after they wanted to move us on the other side of the resort, and then finally them finding a room in the building next to ours but the second floor. So I had to pack up all of our stuff (everything of course was put away in the drawers, hung up, in the fridge, etc.). He came back and moved all our stuff and then we each got to lugg sleepy children to the new room without an elevator. It was fun! We lost about 3 hours of sleep during the whole ordeal. Needless to say we weren't happy. They didn't even offer to help us move our stuff. We probably would have said no anyway, but they could have offered help. 

The next morning I went up to have them cancel our dining at 11:15 because we weren't going to make it and the guy was smoking when I passed him going up and coming back and then again when we got on the bus so either CBR doesn't care or he isn't into following rules. I would have been livid had we paid for the room but since it was free I was one step under livid lol.

Because of the snow Philly got on Saturday Southwest was offering free flight changes since we weren't thrilled with our CBR stay and Brian didn't have to work until Tuesday we bumped our flight from Sunday to Monday and booked club level savanna view at AKL. The person under us was smoking on their balcony so I called and complained (I'm not spending $600 a night to not be able to use my balcony to view the animals!) and they must have called their room the second we hung up because I heard his wife come out and tell him he's not allowed to smoke. He was not happy but thankfully that stopped it. 

And this is totally an example of how Disney doesn't like to confront guests. The supervisor I spoke to the following morning casually said "oh maybe I'll send a cast member by to see if they see him smoking" I told her he's already been out there twice that morning and if they don't stop him the person who gets that room next will be complaining too. I think the only reason AKL was so responsive is because they have animals to protect and really didn't care about me complaining.

That's where they put us. I wouldn't have chosen it either. Honestly I Like Pop Century better. Value or deluxe works for me,  I see no need for moderate (unless you have 3 kids).

we ended up waiting over 2 hours for bedrails before calling and cancelling and just putting Elizabeth mattresses from the small Murphy bed on the floor at CBR. 

AKL we requested them when we got to club level lounge, spent about 15 mins there and by time we got back to our room they were already there. The difference in service is amazing. 

Awful.

I hear what you're saying about moderates, but I really like both Port Orleans resorts.  The rooms, pools, and restaurants are all a notch above the value resorts.  Same with Coronado Springs.  And I'm not a snob by any means, but there's a definite difference in the clientele, too.  There is too much rowdy behavior at the values.  I will still stay at the values if I can't get a good deal on a moderate, but I'd much rather be at a moderate.

That Club Level lounge at AKL is my favorite (at WDW).  I hope that you got your money's worth there.

TCD

17 hours ago, Beckers said:

I think the only reason AKL was so responsive is because they have animals to protect and really didn't care about me complaining.

Possibly - think paper straws.  ;)

But at least they did something immediately. Someone was smoking on the next balcony over from us at the Poly.  Thankfully it was brief and just once. SIL has allergies strongly effected by smoke and had it gone on longer or happened again, my brother was ready to head down to concierge and talk to someone in person.

13 minutes ago, Beckers said:

AKL we requested them when we got to club level lounge, spent about 15 mins there and by time we got back to our room they were already there. The difference in service is amazing. 

Agreed!  We found the same with club level at both the Beach Club and the Poly - you definitely get what you're paying for (and I was very glad I wasn't the one paying for it! LOL)

Along those lines, we came back to the room after breakfast one day and Mousekeeping was coming out of our room after just finishing cleaning it. The smell of bleach just about knocked you over and my brother hustled SIL out to the balcony and shut the door. He very nicely explained the situation to the CM (even I was having a hard time breathing) and asked if they had any other kind of cleaner they could use.  No problem!  Oh and they even vacuumed in the middle of my nephew's monorail track that he had setup in the room.  :)

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Caribbean Beach is by far my least favorite moderate, and your experience there reaffirms that for me.

TCD

I agree about PO being a great moderate resort.  We like POR best. 

DW and I have talked about staying at Caribbean Beaxh.   We have spent many nights sitting on our balcony at bonnet creek and it looks really nice from there.  

Its a great location, being close to Epcot, HS, and DS.  I've heard others say it's their least favorite Mod.  

In your opinion why is it at the bottom of the Mod resorts?

3 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I agree about PO being a great moderate resort.  We like POR best. 

DW and I have talked about staying at Caribbean Beaxh.   We have spent many nights sitting on our balcony at bonnet creek and it looks really nice from there.  

Its a great location, being close to Epcot, HS, and DS.  I've heard others say it's their least favorite Mod.  

In your opinion why is it at the bottom of the Mod resorts?

I've had bad luck with room location there.

It's a big resort with multiple bus stops all around.

If you get placed in one of the buildings far from the main pool and restaurants, it's a long, long walk or a bus ride to get there.  This same issue could come up at POR or Coronado Springs, but it's never seemed as bad at either of those resorts to me, and I love walking the grounds of POR, so the walk there doesn't bother me.

Also, the transportation to the parks seems so much quicker from the Port Orleans resorts, plus they have the boat to Disney Springs.

The Caribbean Beach food court is really spread out, and it seems like it has insufficient seating.

I'm sure I would have liked Caribbean Beach a lot more if I had a room close to the action, but I tried it twice, and had a bad location both times, and that was enough trying for me.

TCD

We stayed at CBR twice now. Once as a child and we all remember not liking it but our cat also died at home while we were there. But my mom said we didn't like it because of our room

Location being forever and a day away from the food court and the buses. We were in building 13 and then then 14 this time. The walk wasn't bad but it was far enough that once they kids were asleep Brian nor I felt like walking down to the food court for ice cream or any snacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also wasn't a fan of the buses. Coming home from Disney Springs were were the last stop. It took forever and since it was late the lights coming back on and off was torture.

I would like to try Port Orleans Riverside but we will probably be cheap, stick with Pop and then switch to deluxe for a night or two at the end.

3 minutes ago, Beckers said:

I also wasn't a fan of the buses. Coming home from Disney Springs were were the last stop. It took forever and since it was late the lights coming back on and off was torture.

I would like to try Port Orleans Riverside but we will probably be cheap, stick with Pop and then switch to deluxe for a night or two at the end.

Port Orleans Riverside (and Coronado Springs) also have multiple bus stops- but for some reason they don't seem as bad as the Caribbean Beach set-up to me.

Port Orleans French Quarter only has one bus stop- which is sweet- but a lot of times, they run the buses around Riverside too before departing.  That is not sweet.

Honestly, the bus transportation at the values is better.

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Port Orleans Riverside (and Coronado Springs) also have multiple bus stops- but for some reason they don't seem as bad as the Caribbean Beach set-up to me.

Port Orleans French Quarter only has one bus stop- which is sweet- but a lot of times, they run the buses around Riverside too before departing.  That is not sweet.

Honestly, the bus transportation at the values is better.

TCD

One of the biggest complaints about Caribbean Beach is the inconsistency in the bus ride. You could have a stop close to your room, but you never know if you are going to be stop 1 or stop 4, 5, etc inside the resort. There are multiple bus entrances to the resort. It all depends on where the bus is coming from as to what entrance they come in and what order they approach all the bus stops. So you never know if you are going to be the first on the bus, the last on the bus, or whatever. At POR and Coronado, then enter at one place, make their circle, and head out again. There is also a definite way to get a ride to the front. (I believe the Disney Springs buses pick up in the opposite direction, then stop at the main building. So you always know you can hop on a Disney Springs bus to get to the Food Court, etc.)

Carol that did throw us off. on the bus back from Disney Springs I was actually starting to wonder if we missed our stop since we were last (or very close to it) But the coming front Epcot or MK we were the third stop. 

I was curious how they handle ECV at the multiple stop places. If your the first stop, do they have to clear all the people around you who are still on the bus so that you can get off? 

The only resort we have ever stayed at on property other then the Fort was WL not long after it opened. We did have some friends who stayed at POR because it was close to us at the Fort and cheaper than a cabin. I liked there room and what was nice about it is it was right next to a pool, not the main pool though. 

We like to wonder the resorts when we feel like going out but not going to a park.  Of all of them we have been to (minus AKL) I'd have to say POR would be my choice if I had to stay anywhere other than the Fort. Now I wouldn't turn down a room at any of the Deluxe resorts if the price was comparable. 

We also go to POR at least once a trip to get salads from the QS. They aren't cheap (for some reason I want to say 11.00 but can't remember) but they let you pick what you want on them and we can get 2 meals each out of them.  

The other thing that was a pain was getting to the front desk. I am used to always walking past it while coming from the bus and going to our room. That wasn't the case here so it was an extra trip to go use our gift card to pay the bill, have them cancel our ADR, etc. the theme park buses didn't stop up there but maybe the internal ones did? I'm not really sure and it wasn't really ever explained to us. 

23 minutes ago, Beckers said:

The other thing that was a pain was getting to the front desk. I am used to always walking past it while coming from the bus and going to our room. That wasn't the case here so it was an extra trip to go use our gift card to pay the bill, have them cancel our ADR, etc. the theme park buses didn't stop up there but maybe the internal ones did? I'm not really sure and it wasn't really ever explained to us. 

A friend of mine says the folks working front desk at CBR LOVE that front desk is not part of the daily "path" that guests take. They have far fewer guests come by during their stay to ask questions, etc. It does sound like a pain for the guests, though.

The Fort probably has some of that, although it is only a short walk from the Outpost bus stop to Reception, but you don't pass right by it when heading for the bus.