So I am normally in loop 2000 for the last 20 years. Every time it's been a non-pet loop because they do not allow pets in tents or in small pop ups. We just left there and spent all of Christmas and New Years there. To my amazement, there were a ton of pets in the loop. I know there was some overflow which I could see the pets coming from them. However, that wasn't the case. These animals from small dogs to German Sheppards were staying in tents and pop ups. They were even tied to the picnic benches. Thank god it wasn't the typical Florida days during the time. I went to the front desk and asked about it, but they said no it had not changed.

Has any one else experienced this?  

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We checked in on 12/22/16. There was a trainee cm working check-in. We signed the release and paid the fee. Your mileage may vary. Opinion to follow so stop reading now.  If you have a pet, you s

I find it odd how things have changed so drastically.   Disney used to keep pets out of the Fort when they had the on site kennel. Then they had "designated" pet loops. Now it seems lik

Why couldn't you stay in a pet loop of they split them?   You stay in them now   Besides, If people with pets stay in non pet friendly loops why can't people without pets stay in pet loops?   Lol

Disney has never enforced this policy... or maybe I should say, that they enforce it, when they feel like it.  Frustrating, we would all agree.  Our family really likes the 100 loop and the last time we tried to take a spot there, we had adopted a small dog (10lb Shih Tzu) and were told we could not be there...even though I explained that EVERY time we've been in that loop (which was several visits), there were dogs.  Keep in mind, we have an RV so the dog would not have been a bother.   Sigh...

One of the days, someone is going to sue for discrimination; maybe that will encourage Disney to start being consistent with enforcing policies. 

I find it odd how things have changed so drastically.  

Disney used to keep pets out of the Fort when they had the on site kennel.

Then they had "designated" pet loops.

Now it seems like they turn a blind eye when it suits them and put pets where-ever (pet loops full, people didn't note on their ressie they had a pet).

They bend over backward to accommodate pet owners (except for twiceblessed....nacole :angry: ).

But what about people that for whatever reason aren't pet lovers, allergies, phobias, etc?

Shouldn't they be able to have loops where they wont run into someones fur baby?

I've had numerous pets throughout my life, but when I go on vacation, I have enough other things going on where I don't want to have to deal with someones barking dog, unscooped poop, or squawking bird.

7 minutes ago, Travisma said:

But what about people that for whatever reason aren't pet lovers, allergies, phobias, etc?

Shouldn't they be able to have loops where they wont run into someones fur baby?

See...this was our problem for years.  Our daughter used to be TERRIFIED of dogs.  Didn't matter the size.  If she saw you coming down the street with a 2 lbs Chihuahau, she would pull us to the other side of the road and cower behind us.  It was crazy.  Then, we met a friend at the lake and he has this beautiful, wonderful golden that would make anyone love a dog... and that's exactly what it did to her.  She went from terrified to obsessed and then almost a year of asking for a pup before we gave in and adopted Simon. But go back to when she was terrified and having a dog with us in the 100 loop did cause a few problems.  Thankfully, only one time were the other campers close and they left the day after we got there...the others we were able to avoid by going the opposite way around the loop.  But, it could have been a huge, huge problem. 

32 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Disney has never enforced this policy... or maybe I should say, that they enforce it, when they feel like it.  

Truly part of the problem, but guests also lie and say they have no pets when checking in.

11 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Truly part of the problem, but guests also lie and say they have no pets when checking in.

No doubt this is a problem.

But, to me the bigger problem is that Disney makes no consistent effort to publicize and enforce whatever their pet policy is. And there is nothing in the on-line booking process where guests are asked whether or not they plan to bring a pet.

The Disney website has been inconsistent with stating the pet policy.  Currently, it does clearly say that Pets are not permitted in tents and pop-up campers, but they do nothing to enforce that policy, and the rule prohibiting pets from pop-up campers is inconsistent with previous versions of the policy. 

Now, with on-line check in and the texting of site numbers, guests can enter the Fort and go to their sites without receiving any kind of check-in materials or rules.

As with a lot of things, it would be expensive for Disney to hire staff to enforce the pet rules.  So, they don't bother.  Who cares?  It's all about the bottom line.

TCD

26 minutes ago, keith_h said:

Those are the worst to me. We had a cockatoo next to us on one trip. The owners left it outside all day while they were at the parks. Not even the Meadows pool party could drown out its squawking.

Wow.  I might have been tempting...to open the cage.

We are in the 200 loop now. We have dogs on both sides of us and across. The people next to us let their two big dogs run free. This morning I almost stepped in dog crap, on my site. I talked to the front desk and was told when it is crowded like it is right now, "there will be dogs in every loop". However, the policy did not change. Someone said there were dogs in the comfort stations. It is really ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

I find it odd how things have changed so drastically.  

Disney used to keep pets out of the Fort when they had the on site kennel.

Then they had "designated" pet loops.

Now it seems like they turn a blind eye when it suits them and put pets where-ever (pet loops full, people didn't note on their ressie they had a pet).

They bend over backward to accommodate pet owners (except for twiceblessed....nacole :angry: ).

I've had numerous pets throughout my life, but when I go on vacation, I have enough other things going on where I don't want to have to deal with someones barking dog, unscooped poop, or squawking bird.

Post of the year (so far). :)

Just now, caveat lector said:

I was amazed how many folks had their dogs up around the marina. I thought that was a no no.Sometimes it would be nice to let my pups ride on the cart when I get my GaG, but am a habitual rule follower.

I've walked the dog behind TE in the mornings before, but I'm not sure if that's a no-no.  We did have him at the playground down there twice...the second time the gal heading up the carriage rides said to "be careful" as we weren't suppose to have the dog at the playground (he wasn't on the playground, but at the picnic tables near there).  Now we only come down with him, for a 2 minute stop (for example, if I'm getting Tom and kids at the playground).

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

No doubt this is a problem.

But, to me the bigger problem is that Disney makes no consistent effort to publicize and enforce whatever their pet policy is. And there is nothing in the on-line booking process where guests are asked whether or not they plan to bring a pet.

The Disney website has been inconsistent with stating the pet policy.  Currently, it does clearly say that Pets are not permitted in tents and pop-up campers, but they do nothing to enforce that policy, and the rule prohibiting pets from pop-up campers is inconsistent with previous versions of the policy.

So much this!!

1 hour ago, djsamuel said:

I talked to the front desk and was told when it is crowded like it is right now, "there will be dogs in every loop". However, the policy did not change.

That's what I would have figured too. Disney is never going to turn down someone that shows up because all the pet loops are full, and they're unlikely to change the reservation system to accommodate booking pet/non-pet sites.  That goes to the bigger issue of the Fort not really being like any other resort, but Disney has one reservation engine for all.

Still lousy in general that inconsiderate dog owners do whatever the heck they want, rules be damned.  That ruins it for everyone.  :(

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

I've walked the dog behind TE in the mornings before, but I'm not sure if that's a no-no.  We did have him at the playground down there twice...the second time the gal heading up the carriage rides said to "be careful" as we weren't suppose to have the dog at the playground (he wasn't on the playground, but at the picnic tables near there).  Now we only come down with him, for a 2 minute stop (for example, if I'm getting Tom and kids at the playground).

There has always been a sign posted at the 4-way stop that says no pets past this point.  Everyone traveling in to the Settlement area passes it. But, it's easy to miss:

6%2013%2015%20211_zpsqf8iwq2x.jpg

That sign also states no skateboards past this point, but supposedly, per the vehicle rules flyer, skateboards aren't supposed to be used anywhere in the Fort.

It's amazing how management can't come up with some consistent rules and make an effort to enforce them.

TCD

Just now, Tri-Circle-D said:

There has always been a sign posted at the 4-way stop that says no pets past this point.  Everyone traveling in to the Settlement area passes it. But, it's easy to miss:

6%2013%2015%20211_zpsqf8iwq2x.jpg

That sign also states no skateboards past this point, but supposedly, per the vehicle rules flyer, skateboards aren't supposed to be used anywhere in the Fort.

It's amazing how management can't come up with some consistent rules and make an effort to enforce them.

TCD

Oh gosh... haha.  You know, with so many visits, I think we get too comfortable and don't even look at signs anymore (I think the only ones that catch our attention are the sandwich boards when those are set out on the walk/road).  The last time we read that sign, was probably 8 years ago.  Now, we know where we're going, so we just keep on swimming...

3 hours ago, djsamuel said:

We are in the 200 loop now. We have dogs on both sides of us and across. The people next to us let their two big dogs run free. This morning I almost stepped in dog crap, on my site. I talked to the front desk and was told when it is crowded like it is right now, "there will be dogs in every loop". However, the policy did not change. Someone said there were dogs in the comfort stations. It is really ridiculous.

Oh heck no, I think at that point I would have contacted managers and General Managers. That's too far and was my worry when I was camping last week. I didn't want the 1 1/2 year old or 9 month old to step/crawl in it. 

Did we mention in addition to the dogs in the 2000 loop the fact that most of the "305" area code was there and throwing up all night?  Normally, I enjoy being next to the comfort station and enjoy not having to walk a long way when we bring the popup.  (no, I didn't bring the dog, because dogs don't belong in tents or popups unless you are staying with them 24/7 and watching them at every second)  We "enjoyed" (in my most sarcastic voice) the chanting of "let's hear it for the 305" and all of the running through my site from the children, as they tripped over the power cords to the popup and ran into the popup and my cars.  I said many ugly things in spanish and english.

So, I am usually tolerant of dogs and kids, however, this weekend was a little much for both.  I don't think I will be staying in the 2000 with all of Miami again.  I will pay the upgrade to full.  

11 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Exactly.

Not even the CM's read or care about the signs.

We've all seen guests doing stuff that supposedly isn't allowed right in front of CM's.

TCD

Yes... but now I feel bad.  We really do work hard to follow the rules, which is why we were honest about our 10lb ball of fluff when asked at check-in for the 100 loop.