On 1/10/2017 at 9:06 PM, caveat lector said:

but the jack wagon weasely lowlifes would leverage this nuance to their benefit (and everybody else's detriment).

You mean like the fellow that was in 212, who took his dogs out the back door and hurriedly went through the trees over to 300 to walk them?  

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We checked in on 12/22/16. There was a trainee cm working check-in. We signed the release and paid the fee. Your mileage may vary. Opinion to follow so stop reading now.  If you have a pet, you s

I find it odd how things have changed so drastically.   Disney used to keep pets out of the Fort when they had the on site kennel. Then they had "designated" pet loops. Now it seems lik

Why couldn't you stay in a pet loop of they split them?   You stay in them now   Besides, If people with pets stay in non pet friendly loops why can't people without pets stay in pet loops?   Lol

As far back to my first stay at the Fort in 1974, there has always been pets in the loops. The kennel at the Fort consisted mostly of stacks of pet crates, where they stayed until you came and walked them. The few pet runs were reserved for the larger breeds.

Next, There are pets and pet owners. I have no problem with anyone having a pet in any loop as long the pet is not a nuisance and the owner picks up after them.

i have had way more problems with unsupervised children going wild, committing acts of vandalism, playing chase with golf carts at night with no lights on, and so forth.

Numerous times someone, probably kids, would put paper towels in the sinks, turn the water on and flood the bathrooms, now we have motion sensor activated faucets. Or the laundry room used to be unlocked, but people would break into the the storage cabinets and throw the extra packages of laundry detergent stored in there all over the laundry room. Now it is locked.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We checked in on 2/11, with a pet loop premium reservation. Hadn't requested any site particulars. CM told us the resort is sold out and put us in the 1400 loop. When I pushed back that both dogs ARE with us, she said the entire campground was being considered all pet loops for the weekend. Okay, but we are staying through next weekend and are we going to have to change campsites? She said no and not to be concerned about having the dogs on a no pet loop. Being somewhat rule-bound, this has made me a little anxious. We are the only pet group on 1400 right now.  I am hurrying the dogs through the loop three and four times a day, rushing up to the road and down to the bark park, which blessedly isn't far. (Love the dog park!) I am extremely conscious of ruining someone else's  vacation while I am trying to enjoy mine. Just weirds me out. Why have pet loops if exceptions are being made all the time? Why risk upsetting guests, either way (pet, no pet)? 

P.S. You Fiends have taught me so much and I was way better prepared than usual for this trip. Fiends rule!

9 minutes ago, the_Meirkat said:

We checked in on 2/11, with a pet loop premium reservation. Hadn't requested any site particulars. CM told us the resort is sold out and put us in the 1400 loop. When I pushed back that both dogs ARE with us, she said the entire campground was being considered all pet loops for the weekend. Okay, but we are staying through next weekend and are we going to have to change campsites? She said no and not to be concerned about having the dogs on a no pet loop. Being somewhat rule-bound, this has made me a little anxious. We are the only pet group on 1400 right now.  I am hurrying the dogs through the loop three and four times a day, rushing up to the road and down to the bark park, which blessedly isn't far. (Love the dog park!) I am extremely conscious of ruining someone else's  vacation while I am trying to enjoy mine. Just weirds me out. Why have pet loops if exceptions are being made all the time? Why risk upsetting guests, either way (pet, no pet)? 

P.S. You Fiends have taught me so much and I was way better prepared than usual for this trip. Fiends rule!

Because this $ decides what rules Disney will enforce. 

They are not going to turn away anyone if it's going to:

1:Cause them to lose money.

2:Upsetting a camper because they specifically asked for a pet loop and there weren't any so they got turned away.  It's the same in reverse, they will put non pet campers in "pet loops" because the person wanted that loop, or because the other loops were filled up.

Until Disney changes their reservation system to reflect the quirks of Fort Wilderness, they won't be able to crack down on people skirting the rules or not knowing about them.

Based on a post in another thread, they are really throwing out the rules about what type of campers are allowed in 1500 and 2000 loops.

1 hour ago, the_Meirkat said:

I am hurrying the dogs through the loop three and four times a day, rushing up to the road and down to the bark park, which blessedly isn't far. (Love the dog park!) I am extremely conscious of ruining someone else's  vacation while I am trying to enjoy mine. Just weirds me out.

It's too bad that you feel like you have to rush the dogs out of the loop.  It's not like you snuck in there (but based on previous posts in this thread, a lot of people jump to that conclusion).

1 hour ago, the_Meirkat said:

Glad to hear that you got some useful advice here.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Based on a post in another thread, they are really throwing out the rules about what type of campers are allowed in 1500 and 2000 loops.

Funny you should mention that.

Check out this young lady and her dog enjoying a nice tent camping experience at the Fort:

TCD

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Funny you should mention that.

Check out this young lady and her dog enjoying a nice tent camping experience at the Fort:

TCD

haha good catch TCD, it looks like she's living the life while working at Disney.  Do Fort rules apply to cast members?

From her instafeed it looks like she's got a fairly high rank at Epcot.

WBI

5 minutes ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

haha good catch TCD, it looks like she's living the life while working at Disney.  Do Fort rules apply to cast members?

From her instafeed it looks like she's got a fairly high rank at Epcot.

WBI

What Fort rules?

In her defense, it is possible that she was tenting behind someone with an RV, and the dog was just visiting.

Yeah, that's it.

TCD

4 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

What Fort rules?

In her defense, it is possible that she was tenting behind someone with an RV, and the dog was just visiting.

Yeah, that's it.

TCD

You know, the rules that make good people nervous about breaking said rules.  The same rules that tons of people don't care about and that Disney doesn't enforce.  

In her defense I think mom came to visit with the dogs, they weren't staying the night.

WBI

6 minutes ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

You know, the rules that make good people nervous about breaking said rules.  The same rules that tons of people don't care about and that Disney doesn't enforce.  

In her defense I think mom came to visit with the dogs, they weren't staying the night.

WBI

There you go.

I took a look at her other Insta photos- you're right, it looks like she is a management type in food and beverage at Epcot.  That's a nice gig.

TCD

15 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I havent looked at anything other than the one picture TCD shared but I will say I have a few tent campers who board their dogs at Best Friends and bring them over to hang out during the day some before bringing them back. 

OK.

But is that Kosher in light of this language on the official Disney website?:

Q.

How can I ensure a pet-friendly loop for my campsite at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort?

A.

When booking your campsite, you may request a pet-friendly loop for an additional $5.00 per night.

If you make your reservations online, select the “Add” button in the “Room and Amenity Requests” section. You will then be able to request a pet-friendly loop.

Please note: Pets are not allowed in pop-up trailers or tents.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/rooms-packages/camping-pet-friendly/

The expanded language on the reservation page says:

Pet-Friendly Policy

Furry friends are welcome to join your family’s camping adventure as long as the following conditions are met. Read More

Furry friends are welcome to join your family’s camping adventure as long as the following conditions are met.

• All pets must be kept on a handheld leash that is 8 feet or shorter or confined in the interior of the owner’s climate-controlled personal recreational vehicle. Pets are not permitted in tents and pop-up campers.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/

The Disney site doesn't say pets are not allowed to spend the night in pop-up trailers or tents.  It says Pets are not allowed in either of those.  Period.

TCD

7 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

OK.

Q.

How can I ensure a pet-friendly loop for my campsite at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort?

A.

When booking your campsite, you may request a pet-friendly loop for an additional $5.00 per night.

If you make your reservations online, select the “Add” button in the “Room and Amenity Requests” section. You will then be able to request a pet-friendly loop.

Pet-Friendly Policy

Furry friends are welcome to join your family’s camping adventure as long as the following conditions are met. Read More

Furry friends are welcome to join your family’s camping adventure as long as the following conditions are met.

• All pets must be kept on a handheld leash that is 8 feet or shorter or confined in the interior of the owner’s climate-controlled personal recreational vehicle. Pets are not permitted in tents and pop-up campers.

The Disney site doesn't say pets are not allowed to spend the night in pop-up trailers or tents.  It says Pets are not allowed in either of those.  Period.

TCD

Rocky has visited and stayed with you in your pop up. Was that Kosher?

7 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

OK.

Q.

A.

Pet-Friendly Policy

TCD

I think the spirit of the rule is that dogs cannot be left unaccompanied in tents or pop-up campers.  They should have worded it differently, though.  I'd think that an accompanied dog is perfectly fine with their owner, at their tent site, during the day or sleeping with them at night.  But, an unaccompanied dog in a tent or pop-up that decides to leave,  is going to get out because they can tear the fabric wide open.  Also,  the heat of the summer is dangerous for a dog in a closed up tent or pop-up.     This may be another discussion like what does a 'no swimming' sign actually mean.  

14 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Rocky has visited and stayed with you in your pop up. Was that Kosher?

Actually, every time he's been with us it was OK.

This vague language that's now on the website is new within the past few months.

The rules used to state that pets had to be in an Air Conditioned vehicle.

This new language makes no distinction.

I haven't been back to the Fort with Rocky since this language has been posted on the Disney site.  It could be a problem.

If it's OK for me to bring Rocky in for daytime visits, what hours are those allowed? 

The new language on the website also says that dogs must be supervised at all times, and must be on a hand-held leash.  And we've all seen the campers who set up little fences on their sites and let their pets run around in those enclosures.  That's not Kosher anymore either. I guess since they can do that, I can bring Rocky in whenever I like?

TCD

14 minutes ago, ThemeParkCommando said:

I think the spirit of the rule is that dogs cannot be left unaccompanied in tents or pop-up campers.  They should have worded it differently, though.  I'd think that an accompanied dog is perfectly fine with their owner, at their tent site, during the day or sleeping with them at night.  But, an unaccompanied dog in a tent or pop-up that decides to leave,  is going to get out because they can tear the fabric wide open.  Also,  the heat of the summer is dangerous for a dog in a closed up tent or pop-up.     This may be another discussion like what does a 'no swimming' sign actually mean.  

I agree completely, and I wish that's what the rule said.

We have never left any of our dogs alone and unaccompanied in the camper.  Never have and never will.  I know my current dog wouldn't like it, and he would bark.

I'm a considerate camper, so I wouldn't dream of inflicting that on my neighbors.

Unfortunately, there are loads of folks with much nicer camping units than mine that have no consideration of their neighbors, and I have had to listen to constant distressed dog barking on many of my trips.

TCD

Just wondering if there is any exception for service dogs, who would never be alone? 

I mean, assuming a person with a tent or pop up was to pay the premium for a pet loop. 

Our dogs always camp with us, other than the Fort. Even once our Addie is certified as a service dog, I doubt we would bring her to Disney. Just wondering if the same rules apply. 

55 minutes ago, Roberta said:

Just wondering if there is any exception for service dogs, who would never be alone? 

I mean, assuming a person with a tent or pop up was to pay the premium for a pet loop. 

Our dogs always camp with us, other than the Fort. Even once our Addie is certified as a service dog, I doubt we would bring her to Disney. Just wondering if the same rules apply. 

I don't see how they could say no. I always assumed that the reason some places say not pets in tents or pop-ups is because they could get out and also possible heat issues in Florida. But with a service animal one would think you would take it everywhere with you so it wouldn't be left alone.

1 hour ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

I don't see how they could say no. I always assumed that the reason some places say not pets in tents or pop-ups is because they could get out and also possible heat issues in Florida. But with a service animal one would think you would take it everywhere with you so it wouldn't be left alone.

Our pop-up has great air conditioning. Many of them do, I just thought it was because they could escape through the canvas. I can see a dog chewing their way out if left alone. 

We never leave our dogs alone anyway, even the non-service variety go everywhere we go while camping. 

I didn't mean to derail the conversion. Was just thinking maybe some of the dogs in the wrong loops may be service dogs? Or am I giving people too much credit? I know none of the ones I have seen photos of on here are service dogs, or they wouldn't be dragging their owners around on the leashes like they do. Service dogs know how to walk properly in step with their person. 

For the sake of discussion, and to prove that I wasn't a rule-breaker in the past, or making stuff up now,  here's a screen capture I took from the official Disney site back in 2010.  Note what it says about pets:

pet%20rules_zpsuzxfzla5.jpg

Some time after 2010, the Disney site was revised, and for years, there was nothing on the site about pet rules.

Then this new language about no pets in tents or pop-up campers showed up a few months ago.  I sure don't remember seeing it before my Thanksgiving, 2016 trip, and we had Rocky in the camper for one night on that trip.

What was wrong with the old rules?

And, if they're serious about no pets in tents or pop-up campers, then why don't they enforce it?

TCD

16 hours ago, Roberta said:

Our pop-up has great air conditioning. Many of them do, I just thought it was because they could escape through the canvas. I can see a dog chewing their way out if left alone. 

We never leave our dogs alone anyway, even the non-service variety go everywhere we go while camping. 

I didn't mean to derail the conversion. Was just thinking maybe some of the dogs in the wrong loops may be service dogs? Or am I giving people too much credit? I know none of the ones I have seen photos of on here are service dogs, or they wouldn't be dragging their owners around on the leashes like they do. Service dogs know how to walk properly in step with their person. 

I think you are looking thru rose colored glasses (not that it's bad), but I would bet that the majority of dogs were non service dogs, and they were there with Disney's blessing.

I understand that a lot of people just love their dogs and camping is a way to take them with them on a vacation.

It used to be no dogs when they had the on site kennel.  Slowly the rules changed to pet loops (whether they were enforced is another story) and now it seems like it's a free for all with some people paying for the dogs and some not.

But what about people that have phobias about dogs?  With the way Disney now lets pets in any loops, those people are no longer being accommodated.

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

But what about people that have phobias about dogs?  With the way Disney now lets pets in any loops, those people are no longer being accommodated.

This is true. One of my grandsons (4 yrs) is afraid of dogs. I would not want to camp next to dogs with him. 

I often accuse my mom of wearing rose colored glasses. Perhaps I'm turning into her? B)

File this one under "You Can't Make This Stuff Up!"

Since the Fort's pet policy seems to be fluid, I thought I should take a screen capture of what's there now.  So I did.  This is what the official Disney site has to say about pets at Fort Wilderness as of today, February 15, 2017:

2017%20pet%20policy_zpsdd5uu8bc.jpg

As I was looking this over, I noticed the photo they posted for the first time.

Isn't that cute- those girls are walking their dog across one of the Fort's footbridges?

The problem with that is there are prominent signs posted at each of the Fort's footbridges stating "No Pets Beyond This Point."  Like this:

113014270_zps248f4950.jpg

So, that nice photo Disney posted shows a couple of kids breaking the pet rules.

Good grief.

TCD

On 2/14/2017 at 3:43 PM, Roberta said:

The only place that is legally allowed to deny access to a service animal is a house of worship. My cousin has CP and she has a service dog. My uncle told me this when I was looking for places for us to stay in Pigeon Forge.