MK to start single day dining plans on Jan 12

Disney is going to test out a single day dining plan service starting on January 12.  Thanks to Chipandco.com for the information.

http://www.chipandco.com/magic-kingdom-begin-testing-single-day-quick-service-dining-plans-starting-january-12th-256769/

For guests who will be doing most of their dining at the parks, but that aren’t staying on-site or don’t want to commit to purchasing one of Disney’s bulkier dining plans, Walt Disney World will begin to offer single day Quick Service dining packages available for purchase when guests arrive at the parks.

The new “Disney-Dine-on-the-Go” plans will allow guests at the Magic Kingdom to pre-pay for a daily meal plan that includes:

• One lunch quick-service meal that includes 1 entrée and 1 non-alcoholic single-serving beverage that must be used before 4pm
  • One dinner quick-service meal that includes 1 entrée and 1 non-alcoholic single-serving beverage to be used from 4pm until closing time.

Though no pricing is available as of yet, we do know that there will be both adult and child options and that those purchasing the plans from Guest Relations will be offered certificates for each meal which can be redeemed at the following locations:

• Casey’s Corner
  • Columbia Harbour House
  • Pinocchio Village Haus
  • Pecos Bill’s Tale Tale Inn and Cafe
  • Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
  • Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant

The new on-the-go plan will only be available for a limited trial run from January 12th – February 22, 2017. There is no news yet as to whether the plan will be trialed at other theme parks or whether it will become a permanent fixture at Walt Disney World.  Readers are encouraged to watch this space for further developments.

article credit: chipandco.com

I found this on themeparkinsider.com

" Each meal includes an entree and beverage (which is non-alcoholic, because it's quick service at the Magic Kingdom) and the price for the one-day package is $29 for adults and $12 for children ages 3-9, who will get kids' meals under the plan."

I check my favorite quick service restaurant at the MK, harbor house, and the most expensive items are the lobster roll and the grilled salmon at $13.99 each. 

And a smart water is $4.50. 

Total $18.49. So if you plan on eating two meals at the park and buying some of the more expensive items on the menu. It would be worth it. And save you about $7.00.   So maybe it's, surprisingly, not such a bad deal. 

2 hours ago, acornlover said:

It seems to me, the rebel that I am :rolleyes:,  that they are trying to attract more guests to EAT at the Magic Kingdom.  When I think of a trip to WDW and where I want to eat, The Magic Kingdom is the last place I want to use my precious calories! :lol:

First of all, WELCOME!!!!

And I pretty much agree with you. However, I like Skipper's Canteen. They need more good TS in MK for sure. 

We did a Seaworld all day dining a couple of years ago for 1/2 as a passholder special.  It cost us about $17, and the only restriction was you could only do 1 entree, side, dessert and drink per meal, but there were no limits on how many times you could go thru the line or how many places you could eat at for the day.

4 hours ago, acornlover said:

It seems to me, the rebel that I am :rolleyes:,  that they are trying to attract more guests to EAT at the Magic Kingdom.  When I think of a trip to WDW and where I want to eat, The Magic Kingdom is the last place I want to use my precious calories! :lol:

Welcome!

agree.   We rarely eat at a TS restaurant at the MK.  

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 7:44 PM, Travisma said:

We did a Seaworld all day dining a couple of years ago for 1/2 as a passholder special.  It cost us about $17, and the only restriction was you could only do 1 entree, side, dessert and drink per meal, but there were no limits on how many times you could go thru the line or how many places you could eat at for the day.

My home park, Seaword San Antonio,  offered Season Pass Dining this year.   For $99 each, hubby and I get 1 Lunch and 1 Dinner each day we visit.  We live 7 miles from the park. We go 3 times a week in season to swim / walk.  We used this plan as part of our food budget for the year.  We'd go there just to eat!  Our pass is good until March of 2017, and so is the dining plan.  I really hope they offer it again when I renew our passes.  I've saved SO much money using that thing. 

You'd think AP holders at Disney could use a deal like that, too.  

On 1/7/2017 at 6:07 PM, acornlover said:

Welcome! Throwing out some incentive to get people to eat at MK sounds about right.

QS food offerings have improved a good bit at MK over the last few years - once upon a time it seemed your only options were pretty much burgers and pizza.  But yeah, it's not really the park you think of when it comes to dining.  Although that said, I do like the lunch offerings at Liberty Tree and agree with Kelly about Skipper Canteen.  And BOG was a good addition, although it's still really difficult to get into.

1 minute ago, ThemeParkCommando said:

My home park, Seaword San Antonio,  offered Season Pass Dining this year.   For $99 each, hubby and I get 1 Lunch and 1 Dinner each day we visit.  We live 7 miles from the park. We go 3 times a week in season to swim / walk.  We used this plan as part of our food budget for the year.  We'd go there just to eat!  Our pass is good until March of 2017, and so is the dining plan.  I really hope they offer it again when I renew our passes.  I've saved SO much money using that thing. 

Now that sounds like a deal!  I'd love to see Disney offer something for AP holders.  Right now the only dining discount option is TIW and they keep jacking up the price of that.

Doesn't Universal offer some sort of 1 day dining program already?  I recall seeing signs but we've never checked it out.  Their quick service options leave a LOT to be desired - although both Harry Potter options are good - and there's not much at all in terms of table service.

52 minutes ago, ThemeParkCommando said:

Disney does offer a plan like that.  It's $29/day, or $10,585/year.  :lol:

1 hour ago, ThemeParkCommando said:

That's where we purchased our Platinum AP's from about 4 years ago. :P  We got 2 years at every Seaworld Entertainment Park for less that 1 year at 2 parks here in FL.

That dining deal sounds great.  I don't think they offer that at Busch here in Tampa. If they did it might be worth it for the 3 of us to sign up.

2 hours ago, ThemeParkCommando said:

Wow, that's an incredible deal!  There is no way in heck Disney would ever make any kind of offer like that.

An official announcement of this new deal was made on the Disney Parks Blog.  It prompted a lot of questions, all of which currently remain unanswered:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/01/disney-dine-on-the-go-debuts-january-12-in-magic-kingdom-park-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Based on the comments, Disney fans aren't very excited about this deal.

But, I'll bet Disney sells enough of them to guests who don't do their homework to justify keeping it around.

TCD

Here are some SeaWorld Orlando deals

Are you ready for an all day dining experience full of great food, fun and entertainment? Pay once and dine all day!* This All-Day Dining Deal is where you and your family can enjoy all of your favorite foods from your favorite restaurants! This convenient dining deal allows you to eat around SeaWorld® at participating restaurant locations as often as once every hour until the published closing time.

Participating restaurants: 

• Voyager’s Smokehouse (excluding Baby Back Ribs and the Sampler/Combo/Brisket Platters)
  • Expedition Café
  • Seaport Pizza
  • Captain Pete’s Island Treats
  • The Spice Mill
  • Seafire Grill,
  • Mango Joe’s®

Adult from $34.99 l Child (ages 3-9) from $19.99

All Day Dining

Deal is for a single person and is non-transferable

===============================================================================

2017 Pass Member Dining Plan

Add a 2017 Dining Plan to your Annual Pass and enjoy your favorite food and drinks every time you visit now through 2017. The more you visit, the more you save! There will never be a better time to buy a 2017 Dining Plan.  $79.99

Annual Pass Members can upgrade their Annual Pass to include the 2017 Dining Plan. Each time you visit the park one meal is included in the plan. Make sure to check park hours and participating locations inside the park when making a meal decision. Limited to one meal per day at SeaWorld Orlando.

2017 Dining Plan is redeemable at any cafeteria-style restaurant for any entrée, including its accompanying side, any one side item from a selection of side salads, side dishes, or desserts and a regular sized non-alcoholic beverage.

Additional menu items must be purchased separately, may not be used with any other food discount. Not valid at Sharks Underwater Grill, Dine with Shamu, special events, full rack of ribs, baby back ribs, beef brisket, combo & sampler platters.

36 minutes ago, Beckers said:

00bec7cae184e4021dd4c7acda90cbac.png

This just showed up in my newsfeed. $69 for the season for dining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good deal, but what is your "season"?  Doesn't it close in August or September?

We haven't been there in ages, since my kids were young and the baby will be 30 in May.

Our platinum passes are good there also, but when we go to NY it's out of the way.

Late April until mid June is weekends only.    Then they are open 7 days a week until Labor Day and then back to weekends only until Halloween. Then they close for a few weeks and then are back to weekends only from thanksgiving until the new year (and open the week between Christmas and New Year)