Orlando Eye/ Sea life Adventure

When pricing out our options for Legoland we decided to take advantage of their Black Friday sale which was to get the $149 annual pass for $99. It includes Legoland, their waterpark (which was closed when we were there), and the Orlando Eye, Sea life adventure and the wax museum. Since we only had 3 days worth of Disney tickets and were supposed to fly home until late the last night we figured we'd get to use the extras.

The Orlando Eye (actually it's the Coca Cola eye or something) was pretty neat and we all enjoyed it. I'm normally not a Ferris wheel fan but this was incredibly smooth and didn't rock. We went on one that was similar in Niagara Falls and this one is far superior and I never felt like I was going to die.

They have a 4d film before about Florida, it was cute and both my kids enjoyed it (neither of them usually like 3D).

You load the wheel while it's still moving so there's no stopping and waiting for people to get off and on like on smaller ones. You only go around once but that was enough. We were able to see EPCOT, the Contemporary, Space Mountain and The Abomination.(at least I think that's what everything was)

147521ce30a9ac699ea1b449f438b3ed.jpg9548e7d2ef21283f71202929f0a8cfbe.jpge6b8d6c4e3e09988c0cfc0095b91ca46.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of the pictures from Sealife came put but it was cute. They had a little passport book that the kids could stamp at different stations and then get a crappy medal at the end (which the kids loved). They had some interactive stuff and a play area (kind of what you'd see at a fast food place). It was set up so that there was only one way to go. There was a touch tank and they had a lot of the fish tanks that kids could crawl under and stick their head up in. 2a4dc27c6551facae618ef2850b8e579.jpg

We only spent like 20 mins because we had to catch our flight home but you could probably take about an hour to stop and look at everything and longer if your kids play on the play thing.

Brian and I both agreed we were glad we went to both things but wouldn't pay for either. The Orlando Eyeis $20 on line or $25 at the door and a combo ticket was like $35? If we go back before our annual passes expire and we have time, we would go again but I don't think I'd actually schedule time for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You beat me, we went on the Eye Sunday and I was going to post pictures.

We too had the Awesomer Pass and it's expiring in a couple of weeks so we hit all 3 Merlin offerings.

The 3 exhibit package is $45.

My pictures won'tt be that great  because my camera battery died before we got on and I used a cell phone also, but some of yours are extremely clear.

We ended up in one of the Coca Cola cars which got us 4 free sodas.

17 minutes ago, Beckers said:

Would you pay for it ? I didn't feel it was that exciting to pay extra for.

Possibly if I was an out of towner on vacation and had extra time and $$ to spend.

The aquarium was interesting, don't know if it was better than Living Seas or the SeaWorld exhibits.

Same with Madam Tussands.  It was interesting.

The EYE was relaxing, lots to see, but you can see a lot from the upper floors of a lot of the local hotels too.

I see where you could add Legoland onto the purchase, and I think they participate in the Orlando 360? package.

What I found interesting was during the movie they showed Universal, Seaworld, and even Legoland, and nothing from DW, but on a lot of their souvenirs they did have DW images/references.

Very cool!

That's quite a deal you got on the AP's!

I still haven't been on the Orlando Eye or visited the aquarium and other stuff they have there.  Twin #2 has a view of the Orlando Eye from her dorm room at UCF.  We need to go and ride that puppy some day.

I'm not going to be buying a LEGOLAND AP, though, so I'll have to search for some other deal for me.

TCD

7 minutes ago, Beckers said:

If we get back there (trying to go Jersey week) I would like to try to ride and time it during fireworks. 

I wouldnt pay pay full price but if you can get a Florida discount or something I'd recommend it. 

That would be fun!

I'd look for a night where they are having a Halloween party- Hallowishes would be cool to see from there!

I'm sure there are some discounts around for Florida residents or college students or Disney CM's.  I'll track one down.

TCD

That's a good deal! I need to keep an eye out to see if they run another like that. Is it unlimited rides on the eye?

We have been wanting to do the eye but just haven't got around to it. Would like to do it during the day and once at night. Only problem is claustrophobia, we manage on the monorail most of the time. Haha. I guess the fact that it doesn't stop might help.

3 hours ago, Beckers said:

Ahhh my son wanted that darn Coke car so bad. It was one car before us. 

You mentioned that the EYE doesn't stop to load/unload.

They did stop it to roll the coolers on in the morning, then afterwards they just hop on with refill sodas in their hands.  

They also stopped for a gentleman in a wheelchair to load and unload, but both times it was really a quick stop.

30 minutes ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

That's a good deal! I need to keep an eye out to see if they run another like that. Is it unlimited rides on the eye?

We have been wanting to do the eye but just haven't got around to it. Would like to do it during the day and once at night. Only problem is claustrophobia, we manage on the monorail most of the time. Haha. I guess the fact that it doesn't stop might help.

The annual pass is unlimited rides and visits to legoland, sealife, wax museum. 

I'm claustrophobic (I can't even get my blankets near my face) but I was fine on there it may have helped that it was dead so we had the whole car for the 4 of us. I did see a sign that they may put you with other people but I don't think they pack them in there like a Disney bus at park closing. 

30 minutes ago, Travisma said:

You mentioned that the EYE doesn't stop to load/unload.

They did stop it to roll the coolers on in the morning, then afterwards they just hop on with refill sodas in their hands.  

They also stopped for a gentleman in a wheelchair to load and unload, but both times it was really a quick stop.

It's not like the typical carnival loading, stop/load/wait/repeat. I really think that helped with it not causing me to freak out and it was such a smooth ride (non of the swinging back and forth stuff). 

Oh how was the legoland preview???

Just now, Beckers said:

The annual pass is unlimited rides and visits to legoland, sealife, wax museum. 

I'm claustrophobic (I can't even get my blankets near my face) but I was fine on there it may have helped that it was dead so we had the whole car for the 4 of us. I did see a sign that they may put you with other people but I don't think they pack them in there like a Disney bus at park closing. 

And with the Awesomer Pass, you get free parking at Legoland, access to the Lego Discovery Center in Atlanta, and a 10% discount off of everything, snacks, sit down meals, Legos, etc.

We lucked out and got ours on Black Friday 2015, and the passes were BOGO, so we got 4 for $300!

3 minutes ago, Beckers said:

It's not like the typical carnival loading, stop/load/wait/repeat. I really think that helped with it not causing me to freak out and it was such a smooth ride (non of the swinging back and forth stuff). 

Oh how was the legoland preview???

True, it was smooth.  My granddaughter was dead set against going on it all day Saturday.  She hates elevators.  Sunday morning I asked if she was going to go on it and she said yes.

Well once we got the coveted Coke car she was ready to go back... but our passes expire 1/18.

My wife wasn't thrilled either, but she eventually got off the seat for a picture.

Preview was AWESOME!  We got there and it was still a little rainy.  There were outside exhibits/activities.  A spinning thing, small climbing wall, and 3 or 4 ligtht up reflex challenge walls.  Grandpa beat the kids both times.

The ride was a 3D shooter like Buzz Lightyear, but you sat 4 in a row, and there were no guns.  You used your hand movements to send out plasma balls, throwing stars, etc.  My arm ached by the time the ride was over.  I scored 228,500, way above my wife and 2 granddaughters, but when we went past the picture area the days high scores were in the mid 300,000's to 400,000's.

We exited and it was raining, so we went right back in. This time my score was 222,000, but the others scores improved so out car was #1 in that round.

It was a good ride, it took a little while to go thru the queue even during the sneak peek, but Legolands rides are slow loading all the time I guess because of the age of the kids and being extra cautious.