Hi, we are new to this group but not new to Disney. We moved to Florida  few months ago & are passholders. We have our first trip scheduled for the Fort in early March. 

We have a Class A motorhome with slides on both sides. We will also have a car with us. We will have 5 grandkids with us, two of which are autistic. So we need a site not too close to water. Oh and our dog. Which loop or loops are best for big rigs. Favorite site #s would be helpful. What is the best way to get a requested site?

Sorry for the long message. I have so many questions.

Thanks

Welcome!!!

I can't be much help with which sites would be better for bigger rigs, but have you checked out the Fort Fiend app it gives the length and width of each site and most have a picture.   

What type of site did you book?

You can fax a site request in, either with specific sites you want or telling them what you are looking for in a site (not near water, pet loop, and the size of your coach, if you want to be near a comfort station, ECT). Depending on how busy it is they may not be able to get you a specific site but find what that fits your criteria.  I can't find the link to the post about site requests from my phone, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly who has it. 

Hope you enjoy your trip to the Fort. 

For Premium sites, we've been in 600, 800, and 1300 in our 42' fifth wheel with deep 3' slides on both sides. We have friends who like 400.

In 600, we backed up to the creek/canal/water.

Personally, I've come to really like 800.

Driving through, I feel 700 is cozy.

I can dig up some pictures of our sites if that would help.

• 3 weeks later...

We have a big rig as well. Have done Preferred, and that site (maybe 302) remains one of the top 2 hardest ones we've ever had to get in in lots of campgrounds. Next time we did Premium and were in 524. I do not recommend that one either. Yeah, it was big enough, but the placement of the trash cans, a tree, and the little green utility things made for a very hard back-in as well. 

So while the app is great for showing site size, it doesn't show surrounding issues. Good luck!