1 hour ago, Dave Hinds said:

We are arriving in mid February for a week. Have never been there before.  We have a 45' MH with a Sat Dish on the top near the front and was wondering if one loop is better than others for Sat reception??  Our coach has 4 slides and we have a car in tow.  Any suggestions???

Thanks

Dave 

And the 600 loop sits across the pond from chip and dales campfire 

2 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I agree that the "new" part of the 600 loop has the least amount of tree cover- those are sites 601-615.  Sites 616-637 are similar to most other premium sites.

There are 430 premium campsites at the Fort, and there are sites on all loops that would give you a clear shot at the sky.

TCD

Is it me or does it seem like the 600 loop has a lot of big rvs?  Buses, etc.  

4 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

So it's more big rigs requesting the 600 loop than CMs assigning them to big rigs?

I don't know.  I'm not sure that there are any more big rigs in the 600 loop than you would find in the other premium loops.  They are more out in the open in the 600 loop, so maybe that is why it stands out to you. I've seen plenty of smaller campers in those sites too.

Also- it's only the first 15-16 sites on 600 that are more wide open- that's not many, and those all could be filled with guests who request to be there.  Half of those sites back up to the Fishin' Hole, and I can see why guests would request those. The other half back up to the main campground road, which doesn't make them as desirable, but it's still a great location and the sites are wide open-which is what some folks prefer.

TCD