DVC After Hours Events Continue into 2017

Thanks to wdwmagic.com for the information.  Here is the link for more details.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/disney-vacation-club/news/18jan2017-disney-vacation-club-moonlight-magic-after-hours-events-continue-throughout-2017.htm

Disney Vacation Club will continue to offer "Moonlight Magic" after-hours events at Walt Disney World throughout 2017.

The complimentary, after-hours events at Disney Parks feature shorter-than-usual wait times at some of the parks’ most popular attractions, special entertainment and character appearances and complimentary treats.

The 2017 Moonlight Magic schedule looks like this:

• Magic Kingdom - February 24 and March 3 2017
  • Epcot - December 4 2017 and December 11 2017
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom - September 6 2017 and September 13 2017
  • Typhoon Lagoon Water park - June 22 2017; June 28 2017; July 5 2017; July 13 2017.

Reservations are required, and can be made online at the Membership Magic Ever After page.

article credit: wdwmagic.com

• 1 month later...

New details have come to light for this event, here they are:

http://www.chipandco.com/new-details-disneys-moonlight-magic-event-coming-magic-kingdom-260444/

DVC Members are invited to enjoy the “Moonlight Magic” event in the Magic Kingdom starting on Friday, Feb. 24 and Friday, March 3 from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.

During this exclusive after-hours event at the Magic Kingdom, guests will have access to select attractions, complimentary food and beverage offerings and exclusive character meet and greets. Please note that the events are already sold out, so only Guests that have an existing reservation will be able to attend.

More details on Moonlight Magic can be found below.

Check-In Information 

Starting at 8 p.m., event Guests will begin mixing with regular park Guests. Guests may arrive with wristbands from their DVC resort or the TTC check-in location. Guests who are already insidne the Magic Kingdom Park may check-in and receive their wristband in the following locations:

• Stitch’s Great Escape – starting at 5:30 p.m.
  • Tortuga Tavern – starting at 5:30 p.m.
  • Main Entrance – starting at 7 p.m.

Event Offerings

RIDES & ATTRACTIONS

ADVENTURELAND/LIBERTY SQUARE

• The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Haunted Mansion

FRONTIERLAND

• Splash Mountain
  • Big Thunder Mountain
  • Country Bear Jamboree

FANTASYLAND

• Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
  • Mickey’s PhilharMagic
  • Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
  • Peter Pan’s Flight
  • it’s a small world
  • The Barnstormer
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Princess Fairytale Hall

TOMORROWLAND

• Tomorrowland Speedway
  • Astro Orbiter
  • Space Mountain
  • Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
  • Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin

CHARACTER MEET & GREETS

ADVENTURELAND/LIBERTY SQUARE

• Genie/Abu (Agrabah)
  • Terk/Timon (Adventureland Veranda)
  • Dr. Facilier (Liberty Square Riverboat)

FRONTIERLAND

• Goofy (Frontierland Sign)
  • Wendell/Big Al (Country Bears Jamboree)

FANTASYLAND

• Chicken Little/Abby Mallard (Storybook Circus Entrance)
  • Max (The Barnstormer)
  • Ludwig Von Drake/Clarice (Storybook Circus Splash Zone)
  • Pinocchio/Fowlfellow/Gideon (Pinocchio Village Haus)
  • Cinderella/Prince Charming, Elena, Ariel/Prince Eric, Belle/Beast (Princess Fairytale Hall)
  • Rapunzel/Flynn Rider (Tangled themed area)

TOMORROWLAND

• Bowler Hat Guy (Buzz attraction)

FOOD & BEVERAGE

Complimentary snacks/beverages will be available at the following locations:

• Casey’s Corner
  • Tomorrowland Terrace
  • Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
  • Pinocchio Village Haus
  • Columbia Harbour House
  • Pecos Bill Tale Tale Inn and Café
  • Tortuga Tavern

Snacks available include the following (subject to availability): cookies, chips, carrots, apple slices & fountain beverages. Chicken nuggets & hot dogs will also be available for purchase at select locations, while allergy-friendly options will be available at all locations. Vegetarian offerings will be available at Tomorrowland Terrace.

article credit: chipandco.com

6 minutes ago, Travisma said:

When are they going to throw a part for AP holders?

LOL.

Never.

They used to have AP events in the parks.  The last one I remember is when they had a party to celebrate the opening of Primeval Whirl in AK.  It was a total nightmare.  There were way more people than they could accommodate, and it was no fun at all.

They did some smaller things after that which were for a limited number of guests, like the Disney Parks Blog does now.

And for a long time, now, nothing.

This shows you who their cash cows are (DVC members), and what value they place on AP holders (none).

TCD

I'm glad for the DVC party. Our APs expired. We've moved down the road and are in Alabama these days. But we were able to line up a doctor appointment for my wife for today here in Orlando and are surprising the kids with the DVC party.

I'm mostly excited for the rare character meet and greets.

Is anyone else going?

14 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

I think this has been the best year to be an AP holder in a long time. 

You are right.

And, if you were a long-time passholder you would know what a sad statement that is.

31 minutes ago, ependydad...Doug said:

I'm glad for the DVC party. Our APs expired. We've moved down the road and are in Alabama these days. But we were able to line up a doctor appointment for my wife for today here in Orlando and are surprising the kids with the DVC party.

Is anyone else going?

I'm not going, but I wanted to say have a great time.  The characters they have out for the meet and greets are better than the same old ones they drag out for the Halloween and Christmas parties.

TCD

22 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

LOL.

Never.

They used to have AP events in the parks.  The last one I remember is when they had a party to celebrate the opening of Primeval Whirl in AK.  It was a total nightmare.  There were way more people than they could accommodate, and it was no fun at all.

They did some smaller things after that which were for a limited number of guests, like the Disney Parks Blog does now.

And for a long time, now, nothing.

This shows you who their cash cows are (DVC members), and what value they place on AP holders (none).

TCD

And we are chopped liver, but AP guests in Disneyland get an entire month of specials

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/disneyland/ap-days/

Celebrate Annual Passholders and the homecoming of the Main Street Electrical Parade—AP Days return Feb 10 to Mar 9! 

A FB post showed a special button they are handing out to APs.  Not sure if there is a different one each week.

Well just clicked on a couple links, it's a different button each week

Highlights include

• Meet and greets with special Characters
  • Family-friendly activities, including an AP Days Adventure and parade-themed paper crafts
  • AP Days goodies (each offering is limited to one per person per week, while supplies last):
    • Button series featuring new Main Street Electrical Parade artwork weekly 
    • Disneyland Resort recipe cards available at Jolly Holiday, Red Rockett’s, Gibson Girl and Main Street Refreshment Center
  • Special AP Days merchandise, including t-shirts, lanyards, pins, tumblers and more (subject to quantity restrictions, while supplies last)
  • AP Days guide map
  • Parade-themed photo opportunity
  • Lounge, phone-charging area and more

Is anyone else going?

We'll be at the one next week! I'm excited for it, since we stopped buying annual passes!

2 hours ago, ependydad...Doug said:

I'm glad for the DVC party. Our APs expired.

6 minutes ago, sherryberry said:

We'll be at the one next week! I'm excited for it, since we stopped buying annual passes!

Hmmm.

The two DVC members we have going to the party both don't even have AP's?

Are events like this counter-productive for Disney?

Why don't they put on things like this for AP holders who are forking over money to Disney instead of DVC members who aren't?

TCD

Hmmm.

The two DVC members we have going to the party both don't even have AP's?

Are events like this counter-productive for Disney?

Why don't they put on things like this for AP holders who are forking over money to Disney instead of DVC members who aren't?

TCD

I think it's beneficial. I don't have APs now but that's because I am leaving Florida with no plans on returning for at least a year.

However, once I use my DVC membership- I'll almost definitely have tickets of some sort (unless we go to Hawaii).

57 minutes ago, Travisma said:

And we are chopped liver, but AP guests in Disneyland get an entire month of specials

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/disneyland/ap-days/

Celebrate Annual Passholders and the homecoming of the Main Street Electrical Parade—AP Days return Feb 10 to Mar 9! 

A FB post showed a special button they are handing out to APs.  Not sure if there is a different one each week.

Well just clicked on a couple links, it's a different button each week

Highlights include

• Meet and greets with special Characters
  • Family-friendly activities, including an AP Days Adventure and parade-themed paper crafts
  • AP Days goodies (each offering is limited to one per person per week, while supplies last):
    • Button series featuring new Main Street Electrical Parade artwork weekly 
    • Disneyland Resort recipe cards available at Jolly Holiday, Red Rockett’s, Gibson Girl and Main Street Refreshment Center
  • Special AP Days merchandise, including t-shirts, lanyards, pins, tumblers and more (subject to quantity restrictions, while supplies last)
  • AP Days guide map
  • Parade-themed photo opportunity
  • Lounge, phone-charging area and more

This is a great example to demonstrate how differently the management at Disneyland and WDW view the value of passholders.

Disneyland relies much more on passholders for revenue.  I believe that they charge significantly more for AP's there.  Disneyland only has one DVC resort (and it's small), and three on-property hotels.

WDW relies more on on-site guests and DVC for revenue.

Knowing that, it's no surprise that AP holders get treated so badly at WDW.

TCD