Problem with Mousekeeping?

Many years ago when we stayed at the yacht club. We came back to the room, after a day at the parks, to find DD's stuffed animal missing.  It was a baby Simba with the blanket she bought at AK. 

I went down to the front desk and spoke with them about it. I doubt the maid stole it. I think it might've just got thrown in with the sheets and towels.   And the front desk said they would call housekeeping and try to find it. In the meantime we went out to the pool for a little swim. When we return to our room, there was a new Simba, a Thumper,  (they asked what other stuffed animal she liked/wanted) and a bouquet of balloons with a little note apologizing for the missing Simba.   

Other than that incident, I've never had a bad experience with mouse keeping

Never had a problem.  First ever trip to WDW we stayed at the Poly.  That trip, they arranged our young son's plush differently each day.  We, and he, got a kick out of that.

We've also stayed at several of the moderate resorts, DVC Boardwalk and Old Key West, Pop Century, and once at a Cabin at The Fort  The only glitch I recall is that once in the middle of our stay at the Caribbean Beach, our room was not ready (beds not made, no fresh towels) in mid-afternoon.  We called, went to the pool, and they got right on it.

Well you all know I've had problems with Wilderness Lodge, twice on different trips.  They were so bad that is why I now own a 5th wheel from a husband who never had any intention of ever camping. :D

On our second trip, we found a bikini top in the corner of the bathroom.  And then dropped the wet soap on the carpet in that sink area.  When I picked it up, it was covered in dark brown hair.  We are a family of blondes & redheads and had only been there a few hours.  Put the comforter from the bunk beds on the floor and noticed the dust on them when picking them up. They vacuumed when we asked them to, but felt we shouldn't have had to ask.  Had ants in the bathroom, but that was our fault for not cleaning the mugs out better.

Our last trip, I brought a vacuum. Before I could use it, we found a toe nail on the floor outside the bathroom.  And then I used the vacuum and filled the container. A Dyson compact, so not huge.  But still full.  The balcony was always wet, not housekeeping's fault. But the side wall was full of mold/mildew. We had an inside courtyard corner room.  The toe nail was the straw that broke his back though.  If we are going to be sleep in filth, it is going to be OUR filth.  LOL

On 1/26/2017 at 4:43 PM, alexwyattmommy said:

On our second trip, we found a bikini top in the corner of the bathroom.  And then dropped the wet soap on the carpet in that sink area.  When I picked it up, it was covered in dark brown hair.  We are a family of blondes & redheads and had only been there a few hours.  Put the comforter from the bunk beds on the floor and noticed the dust on them when picking them up. They vacuumed when we asked them to, but felt we shouldn't have had to ask.  Had ants in the bathroom, but that was our fault for not cleaning the mugs out better.

Our last trip, I brought a vacuum. Before I could use it, we found a toe nail on the floor outside the bathroom.  And then I used the vacuum and filled the container. A Dyson compact, so not huge.  But still full.  The balcony was always wet, not housekeeping's fault. But the side wall was full of mold/mildew. We had an inside courtyard corner room.  The toe nail was the straw that broke his back though.  If we are going to be sleep in filth, it is going to be OUR filth.  LOL

So what you are saying is that you don't want to pay $400 a night to stay in a polished dust bin with the free mold upgrade and a prime view? It sounds like they went all out with the free upgrades. :P

My mom went in September and stayed at Port Orleans. She said they have 7 dogs that they use to sniff out bed bugs. On her stay, she said numerous times she had to call housekeeping and have them clean her room. Typically they come everyday but this time they only came twice during a 9 day stay. She complained and Disney actually gave her a discount off her next stay.