• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spotted these pics shared to a Facebook group. Anyone seen it in person yet?

I was there this weekend and saw them. The food items are great (tried them all) but if you cannot eat spicy food, have them take off the horseradish sauce. It only started this weekend, but the

A cart isn't going to cut it for me. I'll need a big tow truck with a snow plow blade on the front.  The snow plow blade is for tents put up where they don't belong.  I'll push them back to the a

17 hours ago, keith_h said:

The See America is part an old series of US Travel Bureau posters from the 30's to encourage tourism. The National Park Service had a similar set of posters during the same time frame.

Thanks.  I wonder why they chose that sticker to go with all of the Wilderness Lodge themed stickers?

16 hours ago, Duane said:

I see there is plenty of real estate on the back of that thing for a Snarky sticker!

LOL.  That would be easy enough to do.  But, it would also lead Disney back here, which might not be a good thing.

TCD

Well, I already figured out where Boulder Ridge Cove is.  Here's a  closer look at all of the Wilderness Lodge themed stickers on the back of the Food Truck:

food%20truck%20stickers.2_zpsqttwow6x.jp

Now, here's a close-up on a nifty new Wilderness Lodge map that they have posted over near that new Geyser Point Bar and Grill:

new%20wl%20map_zpsfp79wmhc.jpg

Boulder Ridge Cove is the name of the new pool they're building for the DVC Villas.

This makes me even more sure that Shady Point is the name of something new over at Wilderness Lodge.  But, there's no mention of it on the map.  Yet.

TCD

58 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

All those WL themed stickers make me wonder if the Fort will be losing that truck to the WL DVC once construction is completed over there.  I assume they'll have an outdoor movie spot, where a truck like that would be perfect.  

I was thinking the same thing, I guess great minds do think a like

2 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

All those WL themed stickers make me wonder if the Fort will be losing that truck to the WL DVC once construction is completed over there.  I assume they'll have an outdoor movie spot, where a truck like that would be perfect.  

I surely hope not as I was looking forward to trying some of the menu when we head there next February and would rather walk to the campfire than have to hike over to WL. To keep positive thoughts all of the stickers are just to advertise and entice Fort folks to join the DVC.

2 minutes ago, keith_h said:

I surely hope not as I was looking forward to trying some of the menu when we head there next February and would rather walk to the campfire than have to hike over to WL. To keep positive thoughts all of the stickers are just to advertise and entice Fort folks to join the DVC.

I hope you're right, but I'm thinking this is like when poor Johnny finally gets his own bedroom, but then his big brother moves back home and Johnny is kicked back into sharing a little room with the baby.  Nice while it lasted, but Johnny knows who his parents' favorite is.  

15 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

I hope you're right, but I'm thinking this is like when poor Johnny finally gets his own bedroom, but then his big brother moves back home and Johnny is kicked back into sharing a little room with the baby.  Nice while it lasted, but Johnny knows who his parents' favorite is.  

Wow.  Freud would have a blast with this.   A true look into Dave's subconscious.

16 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Ugh.  I didn't think about that.  Of course, this appears to be a completely functioning truck, so they can unplug and move it to wherever they need to go.  They did remove the Chuckwagon, though, and I would think they make a nice bit of change from the concessions at the campfire. I guess they could handle that with a little kiosk, though. They could drag one of the Food and Wine Festival kiosks over here, and use that if needed.

15 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

I wish I could find the thread, but when they reworked the pool snack bar it was mentioned that eventually a new quick service was in the works. As we all know the wheels turn slowly at the FORT.

I remember that thread, and you're right, it was a long time ago.

One thing that irks me about how they handle food at the Fort is that they do so little promotion of what is available.  There's not a peep on the Disney website about the food truck, and just a few small signs in the trading posts advertising it.  I'll bet most guests don't even know it exists.  After a few months of low sales, they may conclude it's not working and move it somewhere else.

TCD

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Is the food truck only open during the campfire program?

Back at Halloween 2015, that weekend they had a mobile stand set up next to the path that had Hot Cider? and pulled pork sandwiches and some other foods and drink.  It wasnt even as fancy as the EPCOT food kiosks.

I haven't heard of any actual published hours for when the food truck will be in operation.

This sign was on display in the Settlement Trading Post over the past weekend, telling us that the Food Truck would be open from 5 pm to 9 pm Tuesday through Friday, and 11 am to 9 pm on Saturday through Monday:

2%2019%2017%20174_zps62gbqnno.jpg

I am guessing that the Monday times were for the President's Day holiday, and they wouldn't open that early on a regular Monday, so who knows/

The 5 pm opening time is earlier than the campfire program begins, and the 9 pm closing time is before the movie ends, so they aren't matching the operating time exactly with the campfire and movie time.

TCD

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Back at Halloween 2015, that weekend they had a mobile stand set up next to the path that had Hot Cider? and pulled pork sandwiches and some other foods and drink.  It wasnt even as fancy as the EPCOT food kiosks.

They have experimented with things like that during holiday times.

Here are some photos I took in early November, 2014, which shows a set-up similar to what you're describing:

What have we here?:

11514234_zpsd948cb04.jpg

Halloween was exactly one week before I took this photo on Friday, November 7.  Was this something left over from then?  If so, why is it sill here?  Is the Chuckwagon closed or something?  Does anyone know what this is?

It looks like a food and drink sales location.  There's a drink cart there, and that booth is for serving food.  They have it decorated with hay bales and pumpkins:

11514235_zps3e8a5472.jpg

It looks like this is set up to handle hot and cold food, and has a sink and electricity:

11514236_zps0737926c.jpg

11514237_zps3d8cbf53.jpg

That's definitely a power cord running across the sidewalk:

11514238_zps6a4cb855.jpg

On the 4th of July, they had a food truck parked right in this spot.  Now this.  Anything for a buck.

TCD

9 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

One thing that irks me about how they handle food at the Fort is that they do so little promotion of what is available.  There's not a peep on the Disney website about the food truck, and just a few small signs in the trading posts advertising it.  I'll bet most guests don't even know it exists.  After a few months of low sales, they may conclude it's not working and move it somewhere else.

TCD

As was mentioned they had the stand at the Marina,which is one if the busiest spots at the FORT with people going to the boat, and it apparently didn't generate enough business, even with selling beer. I think some people complain, then when management adds something, the complainers lock their wallets.

On 2/22/2017 at 7:13 PM, Grumpy and Grandma said:

As was mentioned they had the stand at the Marina,which is one if the busiest spots at the FORT with people going to the boat, and it apparently didn't generate enough business, even with selling beer. I think some people complain, then when management adds something, the complainers lock their wallets.

While the concept of having food and beverage service near the dock might work at one of the hotel resorts I can see it not working out at the Fort. With most of the Fort guests having access to their own food and drink I would expect many to bring their own if they want something while out. I also expect most eat at their site unless they are at the parks or out for a special meal like the BBQ or Hoopty Doo Review. I know when we go down to see the fireworks and electrical water pageant we take our own beverages and snacks. For something like the campfire/movie we would eat at the truck but I more or less put that under the special meal category.

13 hours ago, keith_h said:

While the concept of having food and beverage service near the dock might work at one of the hotel resorts I can see it not working out at the Fort. With most of the Fort guests having access to their own food and drink I would expect many to bring their own if they want something while out. I also expect most eat at their site unless they are at the parks or out for a special meal like the BBQ or Hoopty Doo Review. I know when we go down to see the fireworks and electrical water pageant we take our own beverages and snacks. For something like the campfire/movie we would eat at the truck but I more or less put that under the special meal category.

When we are at the fort we are on vacation so we would rather buy food then make it.

8 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

When we are at the fort we are on vacation so we would rather buy food then make it.

Agreed!! Yes, we do bring breakfast stuff, so we can have a quick bowl of cereal in the morning, and we do cook for the grand gathering meal at least one or two nights, but don't cook any other meals on our trip. I sometimes would love to be able to pick up a bit of something on the dock on the way back from the parks, or nice slushy drink for a nightcap.

No this will be strictly for FW. WL will have plenty of places for food.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Imho. It looks like who ever reviewed this only tried one thing. Not all of them. A hamburger at most when there is beef brisket and pork. I take this with a grain of salt to be honest.

As for the state's, if would have though where the other locations of the stickers that's what they put down it represented. Not for it to be that's where it was truly located.

4 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Thanks for sharing the link, Blake.  I hadn't seen this.

3 hours ago, DisneyVampire said:

Imho. It looks like who ever reviewed this only tried one thing. Not all of them. A hamburger at most when there is beef brisket and pork. I take this with a grain of salt to be honest.

As for the state's, if would have though where the other locations of the stickers that's what they put down it represented. Not for it to be that's where it was truly located.

The guy who wrote the review is a tireless blogger who goes to everything Disney offers and reports every rumor as truth, no matter how ridiculous it is.  He probably wrote a negative review because they didn't give him something for free.

In this case, though, I expect he's right about the burger.  Sadly, most of the quick serve burgers I've had at WDW lately have been really awful. The majority of them all come from the same supplier, and they have some nerve charging $10+ dollars for these hockey pucks.

TCD