2 minutes ago, keith_h said:

I think they need to add in a cart and let him apply the rules in a fair and consistent manner. It'd be first for sure.

A cart isn't going to cut it for me.

I'll need a big tow truck with a snow plow blade on the front.  The snow plow blade is for tents put up where they don't belong.  I'll push them back to the appropriate area.

TCD

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spotted these pics shared to a Facebook group. Anyone seen it in person yet?

I was there this weekend and saw them. The food items are great (tried them all) but if you cannot eat spicy food, have them take off the horseradish sauce. It only started this weekend, but the

A cart isn't going to cut it for me. I'll need a big tow truck with a snow plow blade on the front.  The snow plow blade is for tents put up where they don't belong.  I'll push them back to the a

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

A cart isn't going to cut it for me.

I'll need a big tow truck with a snow plow blade on the front.  The snow plow blade is for tents put up where they don't belong.  I'll push them back to the appropriate area.

TCD

A plow blade the width of the road thru each loop.

Anything intruding into the right of way will get knocked for a loop.

7 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Yes.  Now we are talking.  I can use that plow blade to push any private golf cart operated by a kid into the lake, and any Fort Wilderness golf cart operated by a kid back to the Reception Outpost where the kids will be detained, and released to their idiot parents in exchange for a hefty fine.  If they don't pay, I guess I'll have to let the kid go, but I'll go back to their site and push their camper into the lake.

TCD

On 3/22/2017 at 3:10 PM, Travisma said:

On 3/22/2017 at 3:19 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

Yes.  Now we are talking.  I can use that plow blade to push any private golf cart operated by a kid into the lake, and any Fort Wilderness golf cart operated by a kid back to the Reception Outpost where the kids will be detained, and released to their idiot parents in exchange for a hefty fine.  If they don't pay, I guess I'll have to let the kid go, but I'll go back to their site and push their camper into the lake.

TCD

Fort Security can use Rangers like you guys!  The Fort will be a very safe and quiet place again.

Especially quiet.....  everyone will be scared to come out of their campers!  :lol:

Ok, I had to try the beef sandwich so I got one yesterday. Now I understood going in this was not a Buffalo style Beef on Weck, so I tried to judge it on its merits, but I was particularly interested in how they would pull off the kimmelwick roll due to the complications I described earlier in this thread. So here are my thoughts:

The beef brisket is the high point of this sandwich. It is mildly smoky, rather tasty and has a small amount of fat which gives it a nice flavor and texture. The Texans out there will probably turn their noses at it, but for a person like me that eats beef maybe once per year, it was pretty decent. 7 out of 10 for the beef.

The horseradish sauce was too mild and runny. I asked for extra and dumped it on the sandwich and still could barely taste it. For me, if horseradish doesn't make your eyes water and nose run, it's worthless. 2 out of 10 for the horseradish.

Now for the roll. I've never found a good kimmelwick roll outside of Buffalo. They don't keep well, so therefore don't ship well. And I couldn't imagine how they'd bake good ones with Florida water. So how did they pull off a good kimmelwick roll? Spoiler alert.... they didn't. This roll sucked monkey butt. It was like a stale pre-packaged sub roll with a worthless hint of caraway. I've had better rolls on a gas station ham sandwich. The roll was so awful that it brought the enjoyability of the beef down significantly. I'd give the roll a 1 out of 10, and the 1 is only in recognition of someone at Disney Dining at least trying to use a kimmelwick roll.

So overall, considering all main components, I'd give this sandwich a 3 out of 10. And since I purchased it from a cool looking food truck and ate it pool side at the Fort, I'd be willing to bump that up to a 5.

Sent from my handheld doohickie

2 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

The horseradish sauce was too mild and runny. I asked for extra and dumped it on the sandwich and still could barely taste it. For me, if horseradish doesn't make your eyes water and nose run, it's worthless. 2 out of 10 for the horseradish.

Wa Wa has great creamy horseradish sauce

Ok, I had to try the beef sandwich so I got one yesterday. Now I understood going in this was not a Buffalo style Beef on Weck, so I tried to judge it on its merits, but I was particularly interested in how they would pull off the kimmelwick roll due to the complications I described earlier in this thread. So here are my thoughts:

The beef brisket is the high point of this sandwich. It is mildly smoky, rather tasty and has a small amount of fat which gives it a nice flavor and texture. The Texans out there will probably turn their noses at it, but for a person like me that eats beef maybe once per year, it was pretty decent. 7 out of 10 for the beef.

Now for the roll. I've never found a good kimmelwick roll outside of Buffalo. They don't keep well, so therefore don't ship well. And I couldn't imagine how they'd bake good ones with Florida water. So how did they pull off a good kimmelwick roll? Spoiler alert.... they didn't. This roll sucked monkey butt. It was like a stale pre-packaged sub roll with a worthless hint of caraway. I've had better rolls on a gas station ham sandwich. The roll was so awful that it brought the enjoyability of the beef down significantly. I'd give the roll a 1 out of 10, and the 1 is only in recognition of someone at Disney Dining at least trying to use a kimmelwick roll.

So overall, considering all main components, I'd give this sandwich a 3 out of 10. And since I purchased it from a cool looking food truck and ate it pool side at the Fort, I'd be willing to bump that up to a 5.

Your back at Disney again what is going on with you? 

7 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Your back at Disney again what is going on with you? 

That's my question also...when did you decide to start going back to Disney?  This is the second time in like two or three weeks that you have been there.  Inquiring minds want to know :rolleyes:

No parks again....still no interest in them.  But I do still love the Fort.  And the trip last month was for a cruise.  We did hit the water parks pretty hard last week.  Those were fun.

We need Anna pics at the water parks and the Fort!!!!! (Or just Anna pics anywhere, it's been a loooooong time :) )

13 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

That's disappointing but not surprising.  Disney World fails in every area that I can think of when it comes to baked goods.  They sacrificed quality for volume and profit a long time ago.  Which is sad.  Disneyland has an actual bakery that cranks out fresh bread in the California Adventure park, and their Main Street Bakery is still a bakery.  It makes a huge difference.

Thanks for posting your review.  It saved me from having to try one of these sandwiches myself.

TCD

I've been wanting to try one of the Food Truck classic cheeseburgers, and finally got a chance to do so this past Saturday night.

By the way, they already have a new menu item, which is advertised on the little sign posted on the counter:

3%2025%2017%20012_zpszwgnpr55.jpg

A closer look:

3%2025%2017%20013_zpsohrj1ucn.jpg

So, $5.99 (plus tax) for a plain old hot dog.  $9.18 (plus tax) if you want fries with that.  That's $3.19 for an order of fries.  It also makes me wonder if you can order the other meals without fries if you want to save a few bucks.

Also, those two photos answer another question asked in this thread.  As you can see, there's a MagicBand reader sitting there on the counter. I saw a guest use it to pay, and I also saw a guest use a regular credit card.

Here's my classic cheeseburger:

3%2025%2017%20014_zpsbegh7505.jpg

Here's the meat:

3%2025%2017%20015_zpsqrvhy9vl.jpg

As stated by others who have tried it, this is not a standard quick serve hockey puck hamburger.  It was a nice, juicy, burger.  No complaints.  It was actually very good.  Maybe on the same level as Deluxe Burger at Disney Springs, and a lot cheaper.  I think the fries are the same fries they serve at Casey's in the MK- thinner than the typical Disney quick serve fries.

I give the Food Truck cheeseburger a big thumb's up.

They have a few picnic tables set off to the side, which is nice.  They could use a few more.

I am not sure whose truck was parked over by the Bike Barn, but there it is:

3%2025%2017%20016_zpsd70cusk3.jpg

Here's some of those picnic tables I mentioned:

3%2025%2017%20017_zpsm0jvxun4.jpg

Even though Daylight Savings Time started a couple of weeks ago, they have not adjusted the campfire start time, and the fires were still lit at 6:30.  The crowds showed up early:

3%2025%2017%20018_zpsejeninse.jpg

We arrived just before 6:30, and were lucky to not have to wait in a line at the Food Truck.  The line got long quick:

3%2025%2017%20019_zps9hvue1wn.jpg

We came in through the 1400 loop, and I noticed that there was an old Plymouth parked on the comfort station sidewalk.  You can see it here:

plymouth_zpsrphrfqrj.jpg

I'm pretty sure that car belongs to Cowboy John, who was singing at the campfire tonight.  I think Cowboy John needs to park his junk heap somewhere else.  No offense.

Here's Cowboy John.  I don't know how long he's been around, but I have never seen him perform.  He told a lot of corny jokes in between his singing.  He did mix things up with his play list.  One of the highlights was when he asked for requests, and someone yelled out Skynyrd!  Cowboy John actually played a few bars of Sweet Home Alabama before he stopped and joked that he didn't know any Skynyrd.  The Alabama folks in the audience loved that:

3%2025%2017%20022_zpsdyff5dnb.jpg

Also note the new aluminum benches.

There was quite a crowd here tonight:

3%2025%2017%20023_zpsgjm4lkog.jpg

3%2025%2017%20024_zpsg7ernt3y.jpg

The sun was just getting low in the sky at 7:07 pm:

3%2025%2017%20025_zpslbhaz7mt.jpg

Cowboy John did play some classics, like the Hokie Pokie:

3%2025%2017%20026_zpsuqqllhxs.jpg

Dale was up there dancing, but Chip was still being mobbed:

3%2025%2017%20027_zps8moklc2k.jpg

Even though it was quite light out, they started the movie at around 7:40 pm.  The movie tonight was Zootopia, but you really couldn't see it:

3%2025%2017%20030_zpsodvuxqpk.jpg

We bounced out of there right after the movie started.  We wanted to check out Wishes and the EWP from Geyser Point.

That old Plymouth was gone when we walked by the 1400 loop comfort station.

So there you go.  It was either Chip and Dale's or Cowboy John's.

TCD

5 hours ago, TN22.....Brady said:

Just spoke to staff at food truck regarding their expiring license on 4/1/17 and their hours. License being renewed this week, hours are "5-9, or whenever the line dies down". Great response.....Not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We stop by a quite a few food trucks when we are out and about and the "Whenever the line dies down" is a pretty standard way of operating. Of course the folks we eat at either have someplace else to head to or are on their way home after a long day. What would be nice is if after the movie they could move the truck to someplace else that has more traffic so you could get a late night snack.

We stop by a quite a few food trucks when we are out and about and the "Whenever the line dies down" is a pretty standard way of operating. Of course the folks we eat at either have someplace else to head to or are on their way home after a long day. What would be nice is if after the movie they could move the truck to someplace else that has more traffic so you could get a late night snack.

Moving it down to the Settlement from 8 till 10 or so would be great. Serve snacks people might be interested in when getting off the boat. Pizza, chicken fingers and fries, pretzels, beer and ice cream.

15 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Moving it down to the Settlement from 8 till 10 or so would be great. Serve snacks people might be interested in when getting off the boat. Pizza, chicken fingers and fries, pretzels, beer and ice cream.

That's a really good idea.

They kind of played around with this idea with their beer cart, but that was never operated consistently.

The Food Truck could be a great source of revenue, and a real perk for Fort guests if it was operated properly.

TCD

3 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

That's a really good idea.

They kind of played around with this idea with their beer cart, but that was never operated consistently.

The Food Truck could be a great source of revenue, and a real perk for Fort guests if it was operated properly.

TCD

Yes but we all know that would never happen :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Just had the pork belly burger from the truck. It was definitely way above the standard disney burger but maybe a tick below Dluxe burger. I was hungry and could not finish it. That's one big burger. The fries were nice and crispy too. 

My son had the chicken nuggets. They were really good. They were all white meat not chopped and pressed.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but AP holders get 20% off. 

3 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Just had the pork belly burger from the truck. It was definitely way above the standard disney burger but maybe a tick below Dluxe burger. I was hungry and could not finish it. That's one big burger. The fries were nice and crispy too. 

My son had the chicken nuggets. They were really good. They were all white meat not chopped and pressed.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but AP holders get 20% off. 

Last month they were not doing the 20% off. But that is a good burger.