Starring Rolls to close permanently

According to wdwnt.com, Hollywood Studios is losing a sweet treat stop.  Here are the details. 

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/02/starring-rolls-cafe-hollywood-studios-closing-tomorrow/

The Starring Rolls Cafe and Bakery at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will permanently close on Saturday, February 4th, 2017.

IMG_5546.jpg

No replacement has been named as of yet and there is no word on what will happen to the space.

photo and article credit: wdwnt.com

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 4:43 PM, Beckers said:

FB has 2 theories. Starbucks killed it or because it's a nightmare to get in and out of they will redo it so it's easier to navigate.

Both of those theories make sense to me.

I don't see this as a big loss.  I can't think of anything that they served there that isn't available at other locations in DHS.  It was mostly overpriced cupcakes, and those certainly aren't hard to find at Disney World.

TCD

2 hours ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

We never ate there, we always went to the Writer's Stop which also closed.

When we needed a carrot cake cookie on that side of the park we went next door to the villains place.

WBI

Was that called Sweet Spells?  That's where I always get my CCC.  I've never actually gotten one at Writer's Stop.