Liberty Tree new lunch menu a Disappointment

Went to one of our favorite places to dine last week, the Liberty Tree, in the MK.  We went for lunch expecting to savor some of our favorite meals.  They were gone from the menu.  In fact there were only 3 entrees listed, a pasta dish, a salad, and a cheeseburger.  There was some option for turkey/etc. meal with sides.  Gone were the pot roast & pilgrim feast.  

I questioned a long-time cm about this, and this person just lamented that the staff can't figure out why the two best sellers for the LT were removed from the lunch menu.  

This cm told me that I could still get pot roast, but the sides would be different.  So, this we ordered the pot roast. It was good but different.  

So, Disney management, why did you remove the two best sellers from the lunch menu?  How many places in the MK do you need to sell cheeseburgers and salads?  You guys killed my wanting to return to the Liberty Tree for lunch.  Guess I'll just return to thr RV now.  Thanks a lot.

Wow, that's super disappointing. 

Not sure how up-to-date it is, but the online menu shows a AYCE option (Patriot's platter) that I don't recall being there at lunch, and only 4 entrees - 2 of which are pasta.  Ugh.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/liberty-tree-tavern/menus/

They've had some really tasty sandwiches and salads for lunch in the past (the one there now is just a salad). And it looks like they've scaled way back on apps too. This menu is pretty sad.

Hopefully they're just going through that thing that seems to hit Disney restaurants from time to time, where they decide they need to change up the menu, but can't quite figure out what to do with it for a while and then eventually fix it... mostly.

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Let's get something straight here.  Do you have any idea what the profit margin is on the beer and wine they're selling in there now vs. the food?  They do.  They don't want you to eat the food. They want you to drink the beer.  Get with the program.

TCD

Then they need to get some better beer on the menu. 

Oh and better apps/snacks.  ;)

20 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Wow, that's super disappointing. 

Not sure how up-to-date it is, but the online menu shows a AYCE option (Patriot's platter) that I don't recall being there at lunch, and only 4 entrees - 2 of which are pasta.  Ugh.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/liberty-tree-tavern/menus/

They've had some really tasty sandwiches and salads for lunch in the past (the one there now is just a salad). And it looks like they've scaled way back on apps too. This menu is pretty sad.

Hopefully they're just going through that thing that seems to hit Disney restaurants from time to time, where they decide they need to change up the menu, but can't quite figure out what to do with it for a while and then eventually fix it... mostly.

I just tried to click the link you posted and I got this message. 

Someone Ate the Page!

Or for some other reason, the page you're looking for cannot be located. Just in case, please check the URL.

strange!!  I tried to go to Disney's website and I got the same message.  

HOPefully they are changing the menu back

4 hours ago, djsamuel said:

The menu is supposed to be changing again soon.

Hopefully that's good news.  I thought the previous menu was actually pretty good.

2 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I just tried to click the link you posted and I got this message. 

Someone Ate the Page!

Or for some other reason, the page you're looking for cannot be located. Just in case, please check the URL.

strange!!  I tried to go to Disney's website and I got the same message.  

HOPefully they are changing the menu back

The website has been all kinds of wonky the past few days.

3 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Hopefully that's good news.  I thought the previous menu was actually pretty good.

The website has been all kinds of wonky the past few days

We were told that there are changes coming to address complaints.  I have no idea what that will be since the source is someone who works there and people are being very tight lipped about it and they didn't know what was happening.  I know someone else who I may see tonight that may have more information.

• 2 months later...
In case anyone is interested, Josh from EasyWDW posted a recent review of Liberty Tree Tavern, and basically says that "it's back.":

http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/liberty-tree-tavern-lunch-at-magic-kingdom-sees-big-improvements/

TCD

I'm not the only one who loves Josh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk