Geyser Point - Disney hits a home run

DW and I ventured over to the new Geyser Point dining area this am.  We give it two thumbs up.  First the setting is gorgeous, sitting just off the shore of Bay Lake.  If you consider the building as a rectangle, then 3 sides are open, with views only slightly impaired by structural supports.  The 4th side of the rectangle is the kitchen/lines/bathroom areas.  In the middle of the rectangle is the bar and bar stools.  Surrounding the bar area are a number of tables and chairs (mostly with comfortable cushions)  that entice you to slow down and enjoy the view.

We had a breakfast meal there.  The scrambled eggs we had were fresh and obviously did not sit under a warming light.  Our bacon was Canadian bacon.  We did not know that was an option.  The server did bring us "regular" bacon at our request, but it was a bit under done in our view.  We also had a fresh fruit plate that was very good.  A big, pleasant surprise for us was a server brought out our meal on real plates, real utensils, and a real napkin.

So all in all, a substantial improvement over Roaring Fork, both in terms of ombiance and food quality.  

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Practicing for my new career as a Daddy Blogger. Sent from my handheld doohickie

DW and I ventured over to the new Geyser Point dining area this am.  We give it two thumbs up.  First the setting is gorgeous, sitting just off the shore of Bay Lake.  If you consider the building as

Went there for lunch yesterday. Order at the window and they give you a number to take to your table. The bison burger is excellent and looked just like the pictures online. The waffle fries were very

The Disney Food Blog posted an extensive review of the Geyser Point Bar and Grill, with lots of photos of the building, seating, and all of the menus:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/02/14/first-look-and-review-geyser-point-bar-and-grill-at-disneys-wilderness-lodge/

Bottom line: they love it.

(but then again, they love everything).

TCD

Bison meat is very lean and, unless mixed with beef, tends to be dry.

10 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

The waffle fries just may be better than Chick fil A's.

Sent from my handheld doohickie

I am encouraged by this fry news. 

For a long time, it seemed like the plan was to serve the same fries at every WDW restaurant. That's how we lost the steak fries at Trail's End and The Plaza. 

I can't recall any place on WDW serving waffle fries, so this is great news. I am not a fan of the generic Disney fries  

TCD

Wow, it must have been all bloggers there on opening day.

The Mouse Steps lady (who usually loves everything Disney does) was ticked that she only got 5 waffle fries with her (dry) bison burger:

TCD

The bison burger I had was not dry at all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We ate there today.  One nice thing was 20% discount for AP, but not on adult beverages.

Bar seats were full the entire time we were there, so Di$ney is raking in the big bucks there.

One daughter had the bison burger, she said it was good and not dry, another had the regular burger and she enjoyed it.  

Wife had the smoked turkey sandwich which she liked.

Granddaughter had the Salmon BLT, she really enjoyed it except for the bread.  The bread was good, but she doesn't like whole grain type.

Had a couple kid meal cheeseburgers. Everything came with the waffle fries which had a nice crisp coating on them.  Not sure how many came with the meals but they were filling and more than enough.

9 hours ago, Travisma said:

We ate there today.  One nice thing was 20% discount for AP, but not on adult beverages.

Bar seats were full the entire time we were there, so Di$ney is raking in the big bucks there.

One daughter had the bison burger, she said it was good and not dry, another had the regular burger and she enjoyed it.  

Wife had the smoked turkey sandwich which she liked.

Granddaughter had the Salmon BLT, she really enjoyed it except for the bread.  The bread was good, but she doesn't like whole grain type.

Had a couple kid meal cheeseburgers. Everything came with the waffle fries which had a nice crisp coating on them.  Not sure how many came with the meals but they were filling and more than enough.

The 20% off helps. Thanks for sharing your experience. Was the view as good as  it looks in pictures I've seen?

I am encouraged by this fry news. 

For a long time, it seemed like the plan was to serve the same fries at every WDW restaurant. That's how we lost the steak fries at Trail's End and The Plaza. 

I can't recall any place on WDW serving waffle fries, so this is great news. I am not a fan of the generic Disney fries  

TCD

This past week we were at MK and noticed many people around Golden Oak Outpost with waffle fries. So they may be serving them as well now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, JMSisko said:

This past week we were at MK and noticed many people around Golden Oak Outpost with waffle fries. So they may be serving them as well now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now that you mention it,  I think they've been serving waffle fries there for a while. I recall that they were serving them with gravy and other toppings.

I was thinking of regular quick serve restaurants when I said I couldn't think of one that served waffle fries.  I forgot about the Golden Oak Outpost.  For anyone who doesn't know, that's a little snack counter across the Frontierland/Adventureland path next to Pecos Bill's in the Magic Kingdom.

TCD

Our friends stayed at WL last week and we met them at Artist Point for dinner Thursday night (amazing as usual). We met them for drinks at Geyser Point, and I have to say Disney did a great job with the place. Staff was great, appetizers and drinks were great, and the atmosphere in the evening was wonderful.

Our friends did say that the breakfast, while the food was great, was a bit of a cluster. The hotel didn't do a great job of notifying people of the Roaring Forks closure so there was a lot of confusion early in the week, and it seemed the staff was unfamiliar with the flow of the new restaurant for a few days. They did say it was getting better as the week progressed.

We're staying there in late April for a few days so i will definitely report back.

2 hours ago, shoreline99 said:

Our friends did say that the breakfast, while the food was great, was a bit of a cluster. The hotel didn't do a great job of notifying people of the Roaring Forks closure so there was a lot of confusion early in the week, and it seemed the staff was unfamiliar with the flow of the new restaurant for a few days. They did say it was getting better as the week progressed.

We had breakfast there on Thursday, and the service was rather slow.  You order at the QS counter, and if you are dining there they give you a number to find a table.  We only had oatmeal and it took a while.....but not annoyingly so and the food was hot and fresh.  Was also nice that they had a dispenser of coffee on the bar for refills so you didn't have to go back to the drink station.