Geyser Point - Disney hits a home run

They need to work on their food delivery. If there is not seating inside, then you go to the window and order and they give you a card board number and you sit anywhere, then servers have to wander around to find you. They could not find some of us until a manager noticed. They recovered nicely, but.....

I had the crab cake. It was tasty. 

They need the electronic thingys.

And yes, there are screens that roll down

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Practicing for my new career as a Daddy Blogger. Sent from my handheld doohickie

DW and I ventured over to the new Geyser Point dining area this am.  We give it two thumbs up.  First the setting is gorgeous, sitting just off the shore of Bay Lake.  If you consider the building as

Went there for lunch yesterday. Order at the window and they give you a number to take to your table. The bison burger is excellent and looked just like the pictures online. The waffle fries were very

20 hours ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

The bison burger I had was not dry at all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bison is very tough to cook properly. Especially burgers; like turkey burgers they are very lean and will overcook very quickly. Most restaurants at WDW serve their burgers well done or medium-well at best, so I'm sure they will get used to the timing as the restaurant is open longer.

Bison is very tough to cook properly. Especially burgers; like turkey burgers they are very lean and will overcook very quickly. Most restaurants at WDW serve their burgers well done or medium-well at best, so I'm sure they will get used to the timing as the restaurant is open longer.

They actually serve it medium. They asked if that was ok. I asked if I could have it medium well. No problem they told me. Jen and Carol can verify my burger was extremely juicy.

1 hour ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

They need to work on their food delivery. If there is not seating inside, then you go to the window and order and they give you a card board number and you sit anywhere, then servers have to wander around to find you. They could not find some of us until a manager noticed. They recovered nicely, but.....

I had the crab cake. It was tasty. 

They need the electronic thingys.

And yes, there are screens that roll down

Being a brand new restaurant you would think they could have put in an RFID locator system for the table numbers. 

My daughters picked a table outside because they ordered from the quick serve window.  Can you order out there and sit "inside" at a table.  It seems like the menu is the same.  Is there a waitstaff to take your orders, or just to deliver them?

We ate some dinner there on Wednesday...got a nice table inside on the lake side. Full table service, and you can order from either the bar menu or the QS menu. For breakfast you order at the window and sit wherever you like. They'll bring the food to you. But I don't believe they will take a breakfast order at the tables.

47 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

We ate some dinner there on Wednesday...got a nice table inside on the lake side. Full table service, and you can order from either the bar menu or the QS menu. For breakfast you order at the window and sit wherever you like. They'll bring the food to you. But I don't believe they will take a breakfast order at the tables.

So it's the same food, but since they take your order you should be tipping correct?

Wonder what they would do if you ordered at the window and went and sat down inside?  I saw quite a few of the fancy tables with people sitting at them with no food or drinks. Just chilling with their feet up on the tables with their faces stuck in their phones.

I'm pretty sure they would bring you the food no issues. We sat and ordered because we wanted to relax a while and have drinks from the bar.

10 hours ago, Travisma said:

Wonder what they would do if you ordered at the window and went and sat down inside?  I saw quite a few of the fancy tables with people sitting at them with no food or drinks. Just chilling with their feet up on the tables with their faces stuck in their phones.

2 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

I'm pretty sure they would bring you the food no issues. We sat and ordered because we wanted to relax a while and have drinks from the bar.

Correct.

The TCD gang stopped by there on Sunday night for a drink.  When we arrived, all of the tables in the covered area were occupied.  A lot by people who weren't even eating or drinking.  It's open seating.

We sat at the bar, ordered our drinks, and right after that, a table on the lake side opened up.  The girls went and claimed it, and I paid for the drinks and brought them over.  A server had stopped and was speaking to the girls.  She provided a menu and told us we could order food from her if we wished, but we were welcome to sit and drink our drinks- the tables are not reserved for dining, and the entire place is self-seating.  Maybe not the best set-up at the moment since this is the only quick serve food location currently operating at the Lodge.  We were well past the dinner hour when we were there, so things were winding down.   If there were people waiting for a place to sit and eat, we would have stayed at the bar.

BTW, Twin #1 and I had the Black Cherry Mule, and Twin #2 had the Huckleberry whatever.  Standard Disney drinks- expensive and weak.  They don't serve the mule drinks in copper mugs out here either.  Just plastic cups.

But, wow, the view!

TCD

Went there for lunch yesterday. Order at the window and they give you a number to take to your table. The bison burger is excellent and looked just like the pictures online. The waffle fries were very good as well! Nice place to sit and eat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

For anyone looking for another review of the restaurant, the Mousesteps lady who didn't like her burger has a full review and photos posted:

http://www.mousesteps.com/dining-mainmenu-84/dining-reviews-mainmenu-89/resort-dining-mainmenu-91/2229-geyser-point-bar-grill-open-at-disney-s-wilderness-lodge-photos-video-including-food-drinks

TCD

For anyone looking for another review of the restaurant, the Mousesteps lady who didn't like her burger has a full review and photos posted:

http://www.mousesteps.com/dining-mainmenu-84/dining-reviews-mainmenu-89/resort-dining-mainmenu-91/2229-geyser-point-bar-grill-open-at-disney-s-wilderness-lodge-photos-video-including-food-drinks

TCD

So the burger she was actually complaining about being dry was the classic burger and not the bison burger.

1 minute ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The two people who have given Geyser Point reviews on Yelp have not been kind.

Both awarded Geyser Point 1 star on a 5 star scale.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/geyser-point-bar-and-grill-orlando

TCD

i look at Yelp reviews the same way I do for products on Amazon.

If they are to the extreme one way or the other, there is usually something fishy going on.

Our food was decent for the place only being open a little over a week.

Considering the huge area they are servicing, yes it may take a while for the CM to track you down.  We were at the edge of the geyser area behind the old bar and they found us right away.  Maybe the people taking orders should ask where you are sitting and they could write it on the order to help the waitstaff locate you.

I thought they had a pretty good menu selection for a poolside quick serve place.  

I mean it's not set up as a Golden Corral Buffet with your choice of over 100 items, so get over it.

And if you are on such a restricted diet, maybe you should pack your own food or go to a sit down place.

I hate to sound harsh, but people are really getting too thin skinned.  Ooh, my glass of water it too warm, or too cold, or too watery!

I'll admit, I complained about Rizzo's Pizza Place, but that was extremely lousy service and spoiled/rotten food.

13 minutes ago, Travisma said:

i look at Yelp reviews the same way I do for products on Amazon.

If they are to the extreme one way or the other, there is usually something fishy going on.

Our food was decent for the place only being open a little over a week.

Considering the huge area they are servicing, yes it may take a while for the CM to track you down.  We were at the edge of the geyser area behind the old bar and they found us right away.  Maybe the people taking orders should ask where you are sitting and they could write it on the order to help the waitstaff locate you.

I thought they had a pretty good menu selection for a poolside quick serve place.  

I mean it's not set up as a Golden Corral Buffet with your choice of over 100 items, so get over it.

And if you are on such a restricted diet, maybe you should pack your own food or go to a sit down place.

I hate to sound harsh, but people are really getting too thin skinned.  Ooh, my glass of water it too warm, or too cold, or too watery!

I'll admit, I complained about Rizzo's Pizza Place, but that was extremely lousy service and spoiled/rotten food.

I know that Yelp can be savage. There are people who hate everything, and live just to give negative reviews.

The two reviews on Yelp appear to come from actual guests of the resort who were staying for a few days.  They do have a point- for a deluxe resort, the food choices at the Wilderness Lodge are currently very limited.  Roaring Forks offered more variety (but no Disney quick serve place gives too many choices).

TCD

We had two meals there the first week it was open, and both were quite good I thought.  I will agree, the menu is pretty limited, which won't be an issue when the place can stand on its merits for what it is....a bar and grill.  Doubling as the sole QS location for a Deluxe resort from the moment it opened was a bit much to ask...the place is simply not designed for that.  Once RF reopens, I think this will be a great spot.  

17 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

We had two meals there the first week it was open, and both were quite good I thought.  I will agree, the menu is pretty limited, which won't be an issue when the place can stand on its merits for what it is....a bar and grill.  Doubling as the sole QS location for a Deluxe resort from the moment it opened was a bit much to ask...the place is simply not designed for that.  Once RF reopens, I think this will be a great spot.  

I agree-it wasn't the wisest decision to shut down Roaring Forks for a long refurbishment at the exact same time they opened Geyser Point.  All new restaurants have issues to work out when they first open, and the timing didn't allow that.  They also should be providing some options right now somewhere inside the actual hotel.  It's a longish walk, all outside, to get from the hotel to Geyser Point.  They could have set up some "grab and go" food options and a beverage station in or adjacent to the lobby, or even set up a whole temporary quick serve restaurant like they did over at the Polynesian when they re-did Captain Cook's.

TCD

I agree-it wasn't the wisest decision to shut down Roaring Forks for a long refurbishment at the exact same time they opened Geyser Point.  All new restaurants have issues to work out when they first open, and the timing didn't allow that.  They also should be providing some options right now somewhere inside the actual hotel.  It's a longish walk, all outside, to get from the hotel to Geyser Point.  They could have set up some "grab and go" food options and a beverage station in or adjacent to the lobby, or even set up a whole temporary quick serve restaurant like they did over at the Polynesian when they re-did Captain Cook's.

TCD

They were offering some breakfast options inside Territory Lounge.

Sent from my handheld doohickie