• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think everyone is missing the big chance here for Disney to up the thrill experience, I see the future in the addition of the Official Disney Bungee experience and Dessert party

http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportation/walt-disney-world-gondola-system/news/15feb2017-is-the-walt-disney-world-gondola-system-about-to-become-a-reality-.htm  

This is precisely why gondolas are a horrible idea.  Many years ago my family and I were riding this very gondola and a giant ape attacked us.  I seem to remember it being located in central Florida,

On 2/15/2017 at 8:52 PM, LONE-STAR said:

Nothing like being stuck in the air in a Florida thunderstorm. 

Now that's an interesting thought. Makes me perspire in January just thinking about being crammed in a gondola in the hot humid summer season. I'm sure they'll also use lightning strike indicators like the other theme parks and shut it down in an approaching storm. Disney is certainly going to have its challenges on this one. This is Florida not Cali. Our thunderstorms are deadly serious. Saw lightning strike a tree in my front yard while the sun was still shining during an approaching storm-called anvil or blue sky lighning. I've had a healthy respect for it ever since! 

1 hour ago, Breezy2 said:

I'm sure they'll also use lightning strike indicators like the other theme parks and shut it down in an approaching storm. 

They already do for the boats. Im not sure what how they handle the monorails but I would think the gondola's will probably be the same.

My understanding is the gondolas are being designed (and overseen?) by the same company that did the gondola system for the London Olympics. While the British Isles are not the same as Florida they definitely aren't a California and I suspect seeing how they have been operated serves there as a model for the WDW version.

2 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Won't the "rare birds-eye view of the World Showcase" be of the backs of the pavilions?  I'm not sure how magical it would be seeing a Sysco truck delivering rice to the Japanese pavilion, or snooty French kids taking a smoke break behind France.  

Yeah. It does look the proposed path takes you right thru frances backyard. 

I bet it will a great view of the Eiffel Tower.