Hello everyone, haven't posted on here in ages! I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a small private wedding ceremony at the Fort? I mean small as in a few friends, kids, grandkids. Most of us our AP and a few of us are regular campers. I see conflicting reports of whether or not we can bring in our own pastor, Disney may frown on that??

We wouldn't be making a huge event out of it, small ceremony at the beach followed by dinner, even at Trails End if we thought we could book it.

Any ideas? Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

On a FB page they showed a nice wedding at the Fort, but it seems like they confined most of it to their site or maybe adjoining sites.  It looked like they had an area behind their site that they utilized also.

I thought I had read somewhere that if you try to do a ceremony in a "public area" it has to be run by Disney (but I could be mistaken).

On a FB page they showed a nice wedding at the Fort, but it seems like they confined most of it to their site or maybe adjoining sites.  It looked like they had an area behind their site that they utilized also.

I thought I had read somewhere that if you try to do a ceremony in a "public area" it has to be run by Disney (but I could be mistaken).

This is true. If it was out in an open area, you'll have to contact Disney Weddings unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

A lot depends on what you want. If you are going to setup  chairs, have music, etc. you probably will need to stay in your site or pay the mouse. How ever you can do a "hit and run" almost anywhere, just show up, and do it. As you can see by my profile picture weddings are what I do and have done 100s, many time we just show up at a nice spot and get it done. I once did one at a major league baseball game, we just stepped out in the aisle between innings and were done before the game started again. Got a big ovation when the crowd figured out what we were doing.

9 minutes ago, jayco1 said:

A lot depends on what you want. If you are going to setup  chairs, have music, etc. you probably will need to stay in your site or pay the mouse. and run" How ever you can do a "hit and run almost anywhere, just show up, and do it. As you can see by my profile picture weddings are what I do and have done 100s, many time we just show up at a nice spot and get it done. I once did one at a major league baseball game, we just stepped out in the aisle between innings and were done before the game started again. Got a big ovation when the crowd figured out what we were doing.

Just pay a couple of kids to start a ruckus away from the beach area and all the rangers will go towards where they are! :rolleyes:

The "hit and run" wedding idea is genius.

I've seen a few around WDW, and it would be easy to do at the Fort.

I think if you rented a couple of sites and had the wedding there, and kept within the 10 guests per site limit, there would be no problem with having the ceremony and a quiet and respectful reception at the site.

If you do anything like that, be respectful of your neighbors and don't exceed the limits of how many vehicles you can have at each site, keep the noise to a minimum, and plan to wrap things up at a decent hour.

TCD

A lot depends on what you want. If you are going to setup  chairs, have music, etc. you probably will need to stay in your site or pay the mouse. How ever you can do a "hit and run" almost anywhere, just show up, and do it. As you can see by my profile picture weddings are what I do and have done 100s, many time we just show up at a nice spot and get it done. I once did one at a major league baseball game, we just stepped out in the aisle between innings and were done before the game started again. Got a big ovation when the crowd figured out what we were doing.

OR go to the other spot where people watch the fireworks behind the store. No one is normally ever there.

The "hit and run" wedding idea is genius.

I've seen a few around WDW, and it would be easy to do at the Fort.

I think if you rented a couple of sites and had the wedding there, and kept within the 10 guests per site limit, there would be no problem with having the ceremony and a quiet and respectful reception at the site.

If you do anything like that, be respectful of your neighbors and don't exceed the limits of how many vehicles you can have at each site, keep the noise to a minimum, and plan to wrap things up at a decent hour.

TCD

It would definitely be simple and quiet. Thanks for the info about guests per site. I had no idea it was 10, that's great news.

I looked at a vow renewal (just brian, myself and the 2 kids) and doing the very basic it was still like $2,000-3,000. I could vacation there for that price!

And that just takes away from the meaning behind the vows. I love Disney, but I won't let it take away from what's important. A first wedding, and I could afford it, sure!

We did a hit and run vow renewal service at the beach at the Fort.  It was about 4pm.  My son is ordained [via the internet lol].  He and my niece did the service for us and for my sister and her husband.  Then we ate at the dinner buffet.  3 extra witnesses so it was pretty small. 

4 hours ago, Beckers said:

I looked at a vow renewal (just brian, myself and the 2 kids) and doing the very basic it was still like $2,000-3,000. I could vacation there for that price!

You should have said so rhino when we were a down there. I am an ordained minister. I had friends getting married many years ago and wanted me to perform the ceremony. 

You guys are looking at this all wrong... Just pack your nice clothes (suits, wedding gown, dresses, etc.) in a few coolers and drive to the Fort.  Tell the guard at the shack some tale that will get you to the overflow lot.  Board the bus with all of your stuff and pretend you are going to the pool for the day... Get off at the Settlement, have your wedding and call it day.

We did a hit and run vow renewal service at the beach at the Fort.  It was about 4pm.  My son is ordained [via the internet lol].  He and my niece did the service for us and for my sister and her husband.  Then we ate at the dinner buffet.  3 extra witnesses so it was pretty small. 

So awesome!

2 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

You should have said so rhino when we were a down there. I am an ordained minister. I had friends getting married many years ago and wanted me to perform the ceremony. 

Are you calling me a rhino??? Man Jason I thought we were friends!

3 minutes ago, Beckers said:

Are you calling me a rhino??? Man Jason I thought we were friends!

wow I have no idea how my phone autocorrected and added that. That thing is getting so crappy. 

You should have said so when we were all down there. I am an ordained minister. I had friends getting married many years ago and they wanted me to perform the ceremony. 

On 2/16/2017 at 8:10 AM, DisneyVampire said:

-laughs- Yes. Even with my availability for discounts I can't even afford it.

If you pick the right day of the week (i.e. not Friday or Saturday) you could get 20%.  My wife got that for our daughter's wedding.  Didn't cost any more than if we held it at several other venues in the area.

On 2/16/2017 at 4:52 PM, Katman1356...Jason said:

You should have said so when we were all down there. I am an ordained minister. I had friends getting married many years ago and they wanted me to perform the ceremony. 

Careful!  You may get more business than you want!  

Anyway, very cool, Sir!

1 hour ago, DramaMama .......... Janet said:

Careful!  You may get more business than you want!  

Anyway, very cool, Sir!

I to am an ordained minister and have performed many ceremonies. And to this day everyone I've married is still together. Except one but he lost his wife two years ago. So that doesn't count.  

I don't charge a fee. You are just responsible for my airfare and hotel for 3 nights.   I have an AP so no tickets are required.  

Just now, h2odivers...Ray said:

I to am an ordained minister and have performed many ceremonies. And to this day everyone I've married is still together. Except one but he lost his wife two years ago. So that doesn't count.  

May fees are reasonable. 

I don't charge a fee. You are just responsible for my airfare and hotel for 3 nights.   I have an AP so no tickets are required.  

And I look good in a black suit. 

I also rock shorts and an Hawaiian shirt. Lol.