1 minute ago, Goose's Girl said:

Apparently there is no limit.. we have LOTS of sites with 5 and 6. .. and yesterday 3 school buses pulled in (yes in the 2000 loop) and unloaded a crap ton of people and equipment that spans only 6 sites... no less than 100 people.. we had to go pee at the trading post this morning .. did I mention THREE SCHOOL BUSES!!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprised they did not put them in 1500

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We had a PUP, a tent like yours, a screen room, and a little dome tent on our site and didn't get any grief about it. But we did have the PUP turned sideways on the concrete pad which blocked any

Exactly right. It's more evidence that the idiots who currently hold management positions at the Fort don't have the first clue about operating a campground. In my early days visiting the Fo

Just bring along a dishwasher and then you are allowed to drain your grey water right onto the ground. Sent from my handheld doohickie

5 hours ago, Goose's Girl said:

Apparently there is no limit.. we have LOTS of sites with 5 and 6. .. and yesterday 3 school buses pulled in (yes in the 2000 loop) and unloaded a crap ton of people and equipment that spans only 6 sites... no less than 100 people.. we had to go pee at the trading post this morning .. did I mention THREE SCHOOL BUSES!!??

See what you've been missing by staying away from the Fort!  Sounds like the time we were placed in 2000.

19 hours ago, Goose's Girl said:

WOW. Just WOW.

100 plus people on 6 sites.

But God forbid you get caught parking with one wheel off the pavement....

WOW. Just WOW.

100 plus people on 6 sites.

But God forbid you get caught parking with one wheel off the pavement....

It was obvious Disney lost control of that whole thing this weekend... cars were driving the wrong way just to get around that mess... I'm thankful they were not there for our whole stay. I literally walked in the bathroom this morning and asked them nicely once to make room at the sink .. they had enough makeup and hair products to do all the princesses in the Magic kingdom .. when they made the choice to ignore me i elbowed my way in the middle of at least 12 girls and washed my face and hands and got their stuff wet. Total silence. Kids today [emoji849].

See what you've been missing by staying away from the Fort!  Sounds like the time we were placed in 2000.

I saw a lot of things this time that surprised me.. not really in a positive way either.. when did they start putting full size campers there?

Regardless we had a awesome week.. but I'll probably book a different type site next time.. when we were looping I didn't seem to notice those issues else where?

1 hour ago, Goose's Girl said:

I saw a lot of things this time that surprised me.. not really in a positive way either.. when did they start putting full size campers there?

Regardless we had a awesome week.. but I'll probably book a different type site next time.. when we were looping I didn't seem to notice those issues else where?

I've seen smaller travel trailers in 1500.  When we were there last 4th of July there were large groups that got noisy, but nowhere near as bad as the 2000 loop experience

4 hours ago, Goose's Girl said:

You will enjoy your experience in full hookup much better

• 2 weeks later...

We had an amazing, fabulous time in 1500. I do fear being put in 2000, especially at Halloween, when we have such a long stay. 

After that trip, I may start booking full hook up sites. It would be much easier anyway, than hauling our grey water to a vacant site - which I doubt will exist over Halloween week. Our cassette toilet only gets night time use, so it will hold out, but grey water an issue that would make full hook ups much nicer. 

30 minutes ago, Roberta said:

We had an amazing, fabulous time in 1500. I do fear being put in 2000, especially at Halloween, when we have such a long stay. 

After that trip, I may start booking full hook up sites. It would be much easier anyway, than hauling our grey water to a vacant site - which I doubt will exist over Halloween week. Our cassette toilet only gets night time use, so it will hold out, but grey water an issue that would make full hook ups much nicer. 

If you have a small enough grey water container, you can carry it to a toilet in the comfort station or the laundry sink in the laundry. I have a very small 5 gallon grey water container and that is where I emptied mine when I stayed in partial loops

56 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

If you have a small enough grey water container, you can carry it to a toilet in the comfort station or the laundry sink in the laundry. I have a very small 5 gallon grey water container and that is where I emptied mine when I stayed in partial loops

Ours is too big. It's a 32 gallons that has to be towed behind the van. 

10 hours ago, Roberta said:

Just use it to put out the roaring bonfires that you have at your site.  After all, who needs a contained fire pit, Disney rules are made to be broken!

15 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Okey Dokey, just a suggestion

It's actually a great suggestion. In fact, it got me thinking maybe we should bring along smaller containers so we can empty that way.  It may be much easier than finding an empty site to use during Halloween week. 

8 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Just bring along a dishwasher and then you are allowed to drain your grey water right onto the ground.

Sent from my handheld doohickie

Tempting .... lol

8 hours ago, Travisma said:

Just use it to put out the roaring bonfires that you have at your site.  After all, who needs a contained fire pit, Disney rules are made to be broken!

The lack of fires is my only negative about the Fort. Sometimes I really do wish I had it in me to be a rule breaker.