FoodandWinelogo.jpg

I figured it was time to start a thread to log all the happenings and news as it's released. Please feel free to add any new info you run across.

This year's Food and Wine Festival will be held at Epcot September 30 ? November 13.

The info below is from the Disney Food blog...

2011 Eat to the Beat Concert Schedule

eat-to-the-beat-300x119.jpg

As part of the 2011 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, guests can settle in to watch some of their favorite 80?s bands at the Eat to the Beat concerts! These happen every night at the American Gardens Theater in the American Pavilion.

While Disney has not yet released the official concert schedule, here?s what we?re hearing. This is VERY SUBJECT TO CHANGE!

Gin Blossoms September 27-28*

Taylor Dayne September 29-October 2*

38 Special October 3-5

Starship October 13-16

Howard Jones October 22-23

Boyz II Men October 24-26

Hanson October 31-November 1

Richard Marx November 9-10

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy November 11-13

*(not sure on these, since the festival doesn?t officially begin until Sept 30, but tour dates suggest they?ll be there)

More to come!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011-eat-to-the-beat-concert-schedule/

Jiko Signature Dinner: October 27 Robin Back from Spice Route and Fairview Winery in the Paarl wine district of South Africa presents a wine-pairing dinner in the beautiful Jiko Cape Town Wine Room. Dinner is seven courses and $180. Price includes tax and gratuity. For reservations, email [email protected].

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-special-events/

2011 Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend

ESPN Wide World of Sports invites you to runDisney at the 2011 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend! Run, eat and enjoy fun at the after-hours exclusive party for marathon runners inside Epcot?s International Food and Wine Festival.

When

September 30 ? October 1, 2011

Celebrate Epcot?s International Food and Wine Festival after racing through the Disney parks! While racing at night, you?ll have Disney entertainment to cheer you on. As you strive to break your own personal record, you?ll race towards an exclusive party held in Epcot where you can proudly show off your medal!

Events

Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon

Your 13.1 mile race begins at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and winds through Disney parks to finish at Epcot. The Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon is run at night where you?ll enjoy entertainment along the course. After, join the Finish Line Party at Epcot?s International Food and Wine Festival where you?ll enjoy fabulous food, beverages, attractions, characters and entertainment. Your family can join you too!

Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Relay

Share the 13.1 mile course at the Half Marathon Relay! This relay is for those runners that want to work as a team. The first runner will race for 4.8 miles and your relay partner will finish the last 8.3 miles. Together, you?ll receive medallions at the finish line and then head off to the exclusive after-hours party inside Epcot. Enjoy many of the kiosks from Epcot?s International Food and Wine Festival along with popular rides and character greetings!

Disney Family Fun Run 5K

The Disney Family Fun Run 5K is for all ages including children in strollers! Race through the breathtaking Animal Kingdom park to the finish line where you?ll receive medals and refreshments. Along the way, enjoy Disney entertainment.

Disney Kids? Races

Your littlest runners can take part in these races for ages 8 and younger. There?s even a race for crawlers! After the Disney Kids? Races, children can proudly wear their medals and enjoy after-race refreshments. It all takes place at the impressive ESPN Wide World of Sports complex.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011-disney-wine-and-dine-marathon-weekend/

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dd and I just did our first pass at F&W today. We were using a ranking system of 1-5 (5 best). Here's what we tasted until we got full: Hawaii:Pork slider-4 dd doesn't like mayonnaise and still

We'll be there October 3rd through 9th (I think that's right) for the Food & Wine Festival.  We go every year.  We consider it a business trip since we own a liquor store!  It's my favorite time o

YAHOO !!! :jumpforjoy :jumpforjoy :jumpforjoy I was finally able to add my extras days at The Fort, now I can cancel the reservations at the KOA and spend all 10 fun, food and wine filled days at WDW

We consider it a business trip since we own a liquor store!

Nice try, but not buying it.

Gin Blossoms September 27-28*

Taylor Dayne September 29-October 2*

38 Special October 3-5

Starship October 13-16

Howard Jones October 22-23

Boyz II Men October 24-26

Hanson October 31-November 1

Richard Marx November 9-10

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy November 11-13

Looks a lot like last years lineup. Time for some thing different.

• 1 month later...

Official schedule for the Eat to the Beat concert series was announced...

* Taylor Dayne: 9/30-10/2/11

* 38 Special: 10/3-5/11

* Jon Secada: 10/6-7/11

* Roger Hodgson formerly of Supertramp: 10/8-9/11

* Billy Ocean: 10/10-12/11

* Starship starring Mickey Thomas: 10/13-16/11

* Sugar Ray: 10/17-19/11

* The Orchestra starring former members of ELO: 10/20-21/11

* Howard Jones: 10/22-23/11

* Boyz II Men: 10/24-26/11

* Gin Blossoms: 10/27-28/11

* Sister Hazel: 10/29-30/11

* Hanson: 10/31-11/1/11

* The Pointer Sisters: 11/2-3/11

* Night Ranger: 11/4-6/11

* Air Supply: 11/7-8/11

* Richard Marx: 11/9-10/11

* Big Bad Voodoo Daddy: 11/11-13/11

We love F&W... last year was our first time, and it was a blast! There were such positive comments about the Swolphin's F&W Classic that we timed our visit to coincide.... sort of a double dip. But dang, they've raised the prices of the entry so much that we're reconsidering, just gonna go to WDW F&W and forgo the Classic. $76 for 4 hours to visit 9 food kiosks is just a bit much..... and, they're not gonna have the tickets available as an alterntive. Bummer.

Wasn't there a bunch of fiends who did beers around the world a couple years ago?

Update from the Disney Food blog on some new offerings at F&W this year...

2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival World Showcase Booths Will Include Scandinavia, the Caribbean Islands, and Hawaii

May 28th, 2011 by AJ.

FoodandWinelogo.jpg

Exciting new information from one of our favorite people! Matt Hochberg of the WDW Today Podcast recently interviewed a Disney marketing cast member who revealed some interesting info for us foodies!

The theme of the 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival will be Passport to a World of Flavors, and the new World Showcase Marketplace Booths we’ll see this year include Scandinavia, the Caribbean Islands, and Hawaii.

The cast member mentioned that the new Hawaii booth will likely include many of the flavors guests are used to seeing at Disney’s Polynesian Resort, like pineapple and coconut bread!

To get a good feel for what to expect, check out our 2010 Epcot Food and Wine Festival booth menus and photos here!

http://www.disneyfoo...nds-and-hawaii/

Can't wait!!!! Need another BATWIT!!!!

What is BATWIT? Beers around the world ........?

One of my favorite things to do.

If ever in Savannah, try beers on river street, then beer on E/W bay street.

Beers Around The World Intoxication Tour

We had something like 35 people moving as a pack sampling beer at Epcot. It was one of the best times I've ever had!!

That sounds like a GREAT plan. Any plans for another in 2011? I can always borrow my hubby's card and buy the first round. :popcorn:

Wait, we have joint accounts.... :blink: .....still he can buy the first round...... :dance:

Not sure Disney will allow this anymore. There was some controversy re. trying to get Jasmine to pose with us, eventually getting Donald to sub, and then sinking boats on the Rio Del Tiempo. I would probably be banned from Epcot for life but I gave them Al's name.