From the Disney Parks blog...

Just Four More Party for the Senses Events at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival

posted on October 10th, 2011 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

roo596423SMALL.jpg

Take a peek at some of the fabulous food and entertainment from Saturday night’s Party for the Senses at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. Only four more Saturday parties at this year’s fest – Oct. 15, 22, and Nov. 5 and 12.

afr593243SMALL.jpg

While we love noshing and strolling around World Showcase, this party is a memorable 2 ½ hours (7:30-10 p.m.) of delightful food, drink and close-up action with the amazing Cirque du Soleil musicians and entertainers. Tickets are $145 (plus park admission) but that includes limitless tastes from two dozen food stations and sips of interesting wines, beers and cocktails.

win596532SMALL.jpg

A few tips:

• Take your time. While some guests rush in and queue up, the food never runs out. Pick a chef with little or no wait, long lines will dwindle with plenty of time for sampling.
  • Don’t miss the beautiful cheese tables, delicious tastes there too.
  • While you may want a table for the evening, it’s just as much fun to wander and share a table. It’s a convivial crowd.

che694324SMALL.jpg

Chefs and vintners change every week, so no recommendations – except to go! Call 407-WDW-FEST or make reservations at Disneyworld.com/foodandwine.

tra594323SMALL.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/10/just-four-more-party-for-the-senses-events-at-epcot-international-food-wine-festival/

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dd and I just did our first pass at F&W today. We were using a ranking system of 1-5 (5 best). Here's what we tasted until we got full: Hawaii:Pork slider-4 dd doesn't like mayonnaise and still

We'll be there October 3rd through 9th (I think that's right) for the Food & Wine Festival.  We go every year.  We consider it a business trip since we own a liquor store!  It's my favorite time o

YAHOO !!! :jumpforjoy :jumpforjoy :jumpforjoy I was finally able to add my extras days at The Fort, now I can cancel the reservations at the KOA and spend all 10 fun, food and wine filled days at WDW

From the Disney Parks blog...

New Sips at This Year’s Epcot International Food & Wine Festival

posted on October 12th, 2011 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

Have you ever heard of a Xante Sunshine Cocktail? Or Neige bubbly? If you haven’t, take a look, and come join us at this year’s Epcot International Food & Wine Festival (through Nov. 13). My pal John Graham talked to Chef Marianne Hunnel, who knows a thing or two about all the fun sips at this year’s fest. Take a look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsD_Zv-kAOc&feature=player_embedded

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/10/new-sips-at-this-years-epcot-international-food-wine-festival/

From WDW News Today...

DSC09104-L.jpg

On to Epcot and the Food & Wine Festival

DSC09105-L.jpg

DSC09106-L.jpg

DSC09107-L.jpg

DSC09193-L.jpg

The cranberry bog has been popular

DSC09194-L.jpg

DSC09195-L.jpg

DSC09197-L.jpg

DSC09198-L.jpg

DSC09199-L.jpg

DSC09222-L.jpg

DSC09224-L.jpg

DSC09227-L.jpg

DSC09231-L.jpg

Donald and Daisy are back from the Flower and Garden Festival

DSC09235-L.jpg

Let’s take a walk around the world and the Epcot Food & Wine Festival

DSC09236-L.jpg

DSC09242-L.jpg

DSC09246-L.jpg

DSC09247-L.jpg

DSC09249-L.jpg

DSC09251-L.jpg

DSC09252-L.jpg

DSC09253-L.jpg

DSC09255-L.jpg

DSC09256-L.jpg

DSC09259-L.jpg

to be continued...

http://wdwnewstoday..../8071#more-8071

From the Disney Food Blog...

Epcot Food and Wine Festival Food Pictures: Ireland and France Booths

Oct 13th, 2011 by AJ.

It’s time for more 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival booth food pictures! Today we’re headed to two more popular booths: France and Ireland!

As always, if you want to see full coverage of each booth, check out our Epcot Food and Wine Festival Booth Pages! Click on any booth or country name for detailed information, menus, photos, and prices.

Ireland

Ireland has long been one of the most beloved booths at the festival. This year, the Kerrygold Cheeses return, along with the famed Fisherman’s Pie and the Lava Cake!

Ireland-500x375.jpg

Kerrygold® Cheese Selection (Aged-Irish Cheddar, Dubliner and Ivernia Cheese) with apple chutney and brown bread -– $3.50

Everytime I passed by this booth I could smell this buttery, delicious pie! Don’t forget — you can get it with a snack credit on the Disney Dining Plan!

lobster-scallop-fishermans-pie-500x375.jpg

Lobster and Scallop Fisherman’s Pie–$5.75

This Lava Cake was a true winner again this year! It was my first “bite” after running the Wine and Dine Half-Marathon Relay!

lava-cake-500x419.jpg

Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Baileys Irish Cream Ganache–$3.00

You can see more pictures, the full menu, and prices on our Ireland Booth Page!

France

France switched it up a bit this year, bringing in a brand new coq au vin with mac and cheese! I LOVED this dish. Lots of flavor!

france-booth-coq-au-vin-2-500x333.jpg

Coq au Vin sur gratin de macaroni (Red Wine braised Chicken, Mushrooms, Pearl Onions, and Macaroni Gratin) -– $4.95

The escargot were back, and better than ever. The thick, fresh, buttery French brioche pockets are the perfect flavor enhancer.

france-booth-escargot-2-500x333.jpg

Escargots Persillade en Brioche -– $4.95

france-book-escargot-inside-2-500x333.jpg

Inside Escargots Persillade en Brioche

And the Parisien Cosmo is back on the menu this year — by popular demand no doubt!

france-booth-cosmo-slush-2-350x525.jpg

Parisien Cosmo Slush (Ciroc Vodka, Grand Marnier, Cranberry Juice) -– $8.50

And once again, the milk chocolate creme brulee is phenomenal!

france-creme-brulee-bite-500x333.jpg

Crème Brulée au Chocolate au Lait–$3.95

You can see more pictures, the full menu, and prices on our France Booth Page!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/10/13/epcot-food-and-wine-festival-food-pictures-ireland-and-france-booths/

From the DIsney Food Blog...

Epcot Food and Wine Festival Food Pictures: Singapore and Belgium Booths

Oct 15th, 2011 by AJ.

It’s time for more 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival booth food pictures! Let’s head over to two very different booths: Singapore and Belgium!

As always, if you want to see full coverage of each booth, check out our Epcot Food and Wine Festival Booth Pages! Click on any booth or country name for detailed information, menus, photos, and prices.

Belgium Booth

The Belgium Booth was just introduced in 2010, but there were a few changes and updates to this year’s version!

Back again were the delicious (and incredibly yummy smelling) steamed mussles with roasted garlic cream and baguette. These are gorgeous!

FW1-Karamell-024-500x333.jpg

Steamed Mussels with Roasted Garlic Cream & Baguette -– $3.75

And the waffles with berry compote returned again this year. This is beginning to become a Food and Wine Festival classic!

FW1-Karamell-035-500x333.jpg

Freshly Baked Waffles with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream -– $3.00

New this year is the addition of Guylian Belgian Chocolate Seashell Truffles. These have long been one of my favorite chocolate candies; so I was VERY excited to see them appear on the menu. With a slight hazelnut taste, these have a fun depth of flavor.

belgium-booth-truffles-2-500x333.jpg

Guylian Belgian Chocolate Seashell Truffles -– $1.75

And to add to the chocolate-y booth theme, the Godiva iced coffee is back again!

godivaicedcoffee192.jpg

Godiva Chocolate Iced Coffee -– $7.25

This year, you can purchase the Belgium booth’s three beers separately or together, in an $8 beer flight!

belgium-booth-beer-flight-500x333.jpg

Belgium Booth Beer Flight

You can see more pictures, the full menu, and prices on our Belgium Booth Page!

Singapore

Over in Singapore, the menu…didn’t really change! If you loved this booth last year, you’ll love it this year!

The beef rendang is slightly spicy, so be prepared!

singapore-beef-500x333.jpg

Coconut-Braised, Beef Rendang with Jasmine Rice -– $3.25

The shrimp cake is getting rave reviews again this year!

singapore-shrimp-500x333.jpg

Shrimp Cake on a sugar cane skewer with Singapore Noodle Salad -– $3.50

And the Singapore Sling isn’t pouring as heavy as it was last year, so you might actually be able to get out of the festival upright if you drink this one icon_wink.gif

singapore-sling-300x449.jpg

Singapore Sling -– $7.25

You can see more pictures, the full menu, and prices on our Singapore Booth Page!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/10/15/epcot-food-and-wine-festival-food-pictures-singapore-and-belgium-booths/

New this year is the addition of Guylian Belgian Chocolate Seashell Truffles. These have long been one of my favorite chocolate candies; so I was VERY excited to see them appear on the menu. With a slight hazelnut taste, these have a fun depth of flavor.

Yeah if you like to eat wax. There is NO flavor(maybe they meant dearth of flavor?) and they are NOT worth the $$.

Yeah if you like to eat wax. There is NO flavor(maybe they meant dearth of flavor?) and they are NOT worth the $$.

Just bought a box of these at Walmart yesterday. Box of 22 for $6.88 They are wonderful. Sorry the ones at F&W are waxy.

From the Disney Food Blog...

Epcot Food and Wine Festival Food Pictures: Italy and Greece Booths

Oct 18th, 2011 by AJ.

It’s time for more 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival booth food pictures! Let’s head over to two extremely popular booths: Italy and Greece!

Italy

Italy introduced a new item this year that was just wonderful — the Cappellini con Gamberi Piccanti, or, pasta with spicy shrimp and garlic! It was gorgeous!

I loved the angel hair pasta, which caught the sauce beautifully. The spicy shrimp gave some great flavor to the dish as well.

Italy-Cappellini-500x353.jpg

Cappellini con Gamberi Piccanti (Cappellini Pasta with Spicy Shrimp) -– $5.25

Italy-Cappellini-2-397x525.jpg

Cappellini con Gamberi Piccanti (Cappellini Pasta with Spicy Shrimp)

The ravioli this year is very similar to last year (they’re just using the Italian name this year ;-D). Delicious — the perfect comfort food!

italy-ravioli-500x333.jpg

Ravioli Di Formaggio All’Emiliana (Baked Cheese Ravioli with Creamy Beef Bolognese Sauce, Parmesan Cheese, Melted Mozzarella) -– $4.50

Of course, how can you go wrong with a real Italian cannoli?! This one is just the right amount of sweet, cream, and chocolate. We loved it.

italy-cannoli-500x333.jpg

Cannolo Al Cioccolato (Chocolate Covered Cannoli Shell Filled with Sweet Ricotta Cheese, Chocolate, and Candied Fruit) -- $3.50

And the Primavera Fruit Smoothie is back again this year, but I was trying it for the first time. This one really grew on me! It’s fruity and refreshing — a good antidote to the hot Florida sun.

Italy-Primavera-Smoothis-423x525.jpg

Primavera Fruit Smoothie -– $3.50

You can see more pictures, the full menu, and prices on our Italy Booth Page!

Greece

Greece is always a winner at the Festival, and there’s always a line! Interestingly, the powers that be situate Greece right across from Canada, so you’re pretty much always surrounded by extensive lines in that general area.

The Griddled Greek Cheese with Pistachios and Honey is a true winner this year. Trust me, it’s worth waiting for! A rich, strong cheese, grilled up and slathered in sweet honey and crunchy pistachios — I can’t tell if it’s a dessert or not, but it sure tastes like one! So many flavors and textures in one!

greece-griddled-cheese-and-honey-500x367.jpg

Griddled Greek Cheese with Pistachios and Honey -– $3.25

The Souvlaki with Tzatziki returns and continues to be a fan favorite this year!

Tressler-Tsouvlaki.jpg

Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki -– $4.25

And the Dannon Greek Yogurt Parfait with Strawberries is new on the menu this year. We weren’t really anticipating this one, and we were right in our estimation that it was going to be somewhat pedestrian. I really didn’t understand the addition of the hay-like crunchy stuff that sticks out of the yogurt.

I think I’d probably just buy two griddled cheeses instead of get this again, but if you’re a big greek yogurt fan, you might really enjoy it!

greece-yogurt-and-strawberry-parfait-337x525.jpg

Dannon Greek Yogurt Parfait with Strawberries -– $2.50

This year, the Greek Salad with Pita Bread reminds us a lot of last year’s Salad, so if you liked it last year, you’ll probably enjoy it this year!

greece-greek-salad-500x331.jpg

Greek Salad with Pita Bread -– $3.00

You can see more pictures, the full menu, and prices on our Greece Booth Page!

Tell us what YOU’RE loving at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival in the comments below!

And feel free to check out more food pictures on our booth pages!

Also, if you’re headed to the Festival, check out our DFB Mini-Guide to the 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival e-Book for a full schedule of events, touring strategies, tips and tricks, and a full section on the World Showcase booths this year!

Thanks again to Kelly Tressler for contributing the photo of the chicken via the Disney Food Blog Photo Extravaganza Flickr Page!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/10/18/epcot-food-and-wine-festival-food-pictures-italy-and-greece-booths/

Epcot will remain open to until 10pm – both Future World and World Showcase – on Saturdays for the remainder of the 2011 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. Additionally, starting next week the park will also remain open until 10pm on Fridays through the end of the festival. Illuminations: Reflections of Earth is scheduled to occur at 10pm on those nights.

http://blog.touringplans.com/2011/10/21/epcot-extends-park-hours-to-10pm-for-food-and-wine-festival-on-fridayssaturdays/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed