New Items at Trail's End Take Out

This is a terrible photo, but last weekend, there was a sign on display at P&J's Southern Takeout announcing the availability of some new items:

new%20offerings_zpsddqrcay3.jpg

That cheeseburger could be a good alternative to me eating fried chicken every night when I'm at the Fort.  I'm going to give it a try first chance I get.

These items are probably only being offered on a trial basis.  They aren't listed on the menu posted on-line by Disney: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/cabins-at-fort-wilderness-resort/p-and-js-southern-takeout/menus/dinner/

TCD

11 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

This is a terrible photo, but last weekend, there was a sign on display at P&J's Southern Takeout announcing the availability of some new items:

new%20offerings_zpsddqrcay3.jpg

That cheeseburger could be a good alternative to me eating fried chicken every night when I'm at the Fort.  I'm going to give it a try first chance I get.

These items are probably only being offered on a trial basis.  They aren't listed on the menu posted on-line by Disney: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/cabins-at-fort-wilderness-resort/p-and-js-southern-takeout/menus/dinner/

TCD

Is that the same burger the trails end sells on their ala cart at lunch time?  Cause that is the most amazing burger I've ever eaten in my life!! My hubby & I drove down to FW (1hr drive from our house when there is no traffic) just to get a burger for lunch lol

9 hours ago, rdsclr said:

Is that the same burger the trails end sells on their ala cart at lunch time?  Cause that is the most amazing burger I've ever eaten in my life!! My hubby & I drove down to FW (1hr drive from our house when there is no traffic) just to get a burger for lunch lol

I kind of doubt it.

For $10.99, I'd more expect the standard quick serve burger they serve everywhere else on property.  And those are very below average.   But, it would be awesome if it wasn't!

If they're still serving them the next time I'm at the Fort, I will take one for the team and give it a try.  In the meantime, if anyone else tries it, I'd like to hear how it was.

TCD

7 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I kind of doubt it.

For $10.99, I'd more expect the standard quick serve burger they server everywhere else on property.  And those are very below average.   But, it would be awesome if it wasn't!

If they're still serving them the next time I'm at the Fort, I will take one for the team and give it a try.  In the meantime, if anyone else tries it, I'd like to hear how it was.

TCD

So TCD doesn't have to blow $11! :P

2 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

I'm one of the rare Fiends that thinks the fried chicken is mediocre at best.  I'll be happy to see reviews of the burgers.

The fried chicken had been great until our last trip. It wasn't bad just not what it use to be.

Love the chicken.  We have a campground locally the has a similar offering to the GAG.  Chicken is on par with the Fort but the sides don't come close.  The Mac and cheese with the GAG is the best.  It is the only Mac and cheese I have found that is good reheated in the microwave the next day.

13 hours ago, ftwildernessguy said:

Love the chicken.  We have a campground locally the has a similar offering to the GAG.  Chicken is on par with the Fort but the sides don't come close.  The Mac and cheese with the GAG is the best.  It is the only Mac and cheese I have found that is good reheated in the microwave the next day.

What campground? We are staying local this summer and looking for good campgrounds to visit.

The KOA in Jonestown, PA.  They will deliver the chicken meal to,your site.  We like to do it on the day we set up.

Ok thanks for the info, but I am cheap and if in that area will use our Thousand Trails membership instead of paying. Friends used there for the Hershey show last year and did like the campground.

17 hours ago, ftwildernessguy said:

The KOA in Jonestown, PA.  They will deliver the chicken meal to,your site.  We like to do it on the day we set up.

I think we overnighted at that one on our way back from ME this past summer. Off I-81 and do they call it Hershey North or something now? Do they have horses and a giant jumping pad?

We got there late and a neighbor promptly came out and helped us get in the site. The site had a dead tree branch sticking out that scraped our side as we were pulling out the next day. We got an email saying something like sorry you never made it here. Uh, we were there!

IIRC, the wifi setup was every 15 min you have to do a free trial.

I know nothing about the chicken meal.