Hello to all!

I have long been a passive follower of this site. I joined a while back, but felt reluctant to post. I just wanted to say thanks to all of the great contributors here.

I live in New York - a long ways from Disney in more ways than one. I love WDW and the fort, and being able to check out the fort fiends is like a mini vacation every time I log in. My family had a travel trailer when I was young and we stayed at the fort every year. As an adult, I've visited the fort in all of the other capacities that I know of - tent camping, local Rv rentals, and the cabins. Even though so many of us share the same enthusiasm about Fort Wilderness, it still feels a hidden gem of sorts - to me.

I hope to contribute more going forward. But again, thank you to all the people who make this site so special. You are appreciated!

OutdoorsNY

22 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Awesome!

You sound like a true Fiend!

What years did you get to visit as a kid?  Did you ever get to ride the Fort Wilderness Railroad?  Swim in Bay Lake?  Go on the Marshmallow Marsh excursion?  Did you see the Lawnmower Tree when it was alive?

TCD

My first trip was around 1990-91 and that was proceeded with annual trips for a long while. I was lucky to have experienced River Country in all of its glory. I cannot remember riding the railroad, but I should dig up some old pictures (that is one of my favorite threads.)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

OutdoorsNY

18 minutes ago, OutdoorsNY said:

My first trip was around 1990-91 and that was proceeded with annual trips for a long while. I was lucky to have experienced River Country in all of its glory. I cannot remember riding the railroad, but I should dig up some old pictures (that is one of my favorite threads.)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

OutdoorsNY

I'm pretty sure the railroad was gone by then and also Marshmallow Marsh Excursion.

Swimming in the lake was probably still allowed, Minnie Moo,  a decent looking covered wagon along with the petting zoo should all have still been there. And the Lawnmower tree was probably just starting to die.

23 hours ago, Travisma said:

I'm pretty sure the railroad was gone by then and also Marshmallow Marsh Excursion.

Swimming in the lake was probably still allowed, Minnie Moo,  a decent looking covered wagon along with the petting zoo should all have still been there. And the Lawnmower tree was probably just starting to die.

My oldest daughter was born in 1991, and my twins in 1995.

All of my girls got to see Minnie Moo, the petting zoo, River Country, and swam in Bay Lake.  The Lawnmower Tree was alive, and there were still totem poles and other themed decorations around.  The train and the Marshmallow Marsh excursion were definitely gone by then.

TCD