We are here at the Ft and took our usual golf cart tour. We were amazed to see so many Class B's and C's in the 2000 loop. I always thought, or the rules used to be, only tents and pop ups were permitted in loops 1500 and 2000. Is this a way of having a cheaper rate?

12 minutes ago, jlf said:

We are here at the Ft and took our usual golf cart tour. We were amazed to see so many Class B's and C's in the 2000 loop. I always thought, or the rules used to be, only tents and pop ups were permitted in loops 1500 and 2000. Is this a way of having a cheaper rate?

Disney rules are meant to be broken, especially by Disney

Nothing new to see here.

People with Class C's and A's intentionally reserve sites in the tent loops to save money. And Disney is happy to take their money.

That 10 person per site limit is also merely a suggestion.  If you want to put 20 screaming teenagers and a half dozen or more tents on one site, come on down.  Park as many cars as you can fit on the site, and set up your tents wherever you can find the space.

Feel free to soup up your golf cart so it can exceed the measly Fort speed limit.  That way you can pass the stopped buses faster.

And please don't feel obligated to actually rent a campsite.  You are more than welcome to unload your coolers, charcoal and other supplies at the 1500 loop bus stop and spend the entire day enjoying the pool for free. You are welcome to use the 1500 loop comfort station to take showers before heading to the free campfire and movie.

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Nothing new to see here.

People with Class C's and A's intentionally reserve sites in the tent loops to save money. And Disney is happy to take their money.

That 10 person per site limit is also merely a suggestion.  If you want to put 20 screaming teenagers and a half dozen or more tents on one site, come on down.  Park as many cars as you can fit on the site, and set up your tents wherever you can find the space.

Feel free to soup up your golf cart so it can exceed the measly Fort speed limit.  That way you can pass the stopped buses faster.

And please don't feel obligated to actually rent a campsite.  You are more than welcome to unload your coolers, charcoal and other supplies at the 1500 loop bus stop and spend the entire day enjoying the pool for free. You are welcome to use the 1500 loop comfort station to take showers before heading to the free campfire and movie.

TCD

Amen!  

Aint that the truth.

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Nothing new to see here.

TCD

Good gravy... yep!!  :angry:

I've always thought it was just tents and popups but Disney reservations website says :

Tent or Pop-Up Campsite

Room for either a pop-up or camper van-type vehicle plus a tent or 2 tents 
Accommodates equipment up to 10 feet by 60 feet 

While Full Hook-up sites say the same except adds " Sewage hook-up  

So it would certainly permit ClassBs and I guess, to them, they don't really make a huge distinction and probably allow anyone in that doesn't mind not having the sewer hook-up.

2 hours ago, michelb said:

I've always thought it was just tents and popups but Disney reservations website says :

So it would certainly permit ClassBs and I guess, to them, they don't really make a huge distinction and probably allow anyone in that doesn't mind not having the sewer hook-up.

60 foot is a good sized camper!

9 hours ago, michelb said:

Wow, so all those times I tried to get a site and the only ones available were "Tent or Pop-Up Campsites" I should have gone ahead and booked it??

All this time I assumed that those sites were for Tents or Pop-Ups only..... silly me!

I guess the new rule at the Fort is there are no real rules.  :(

Several weeks ago my wife was down there with our small class c.  They had oversold and asked her if putting her in one of those spots would be ok.  The reasoning was the the loop was tight and our Winnebago Fuse could maneuver into the spots.  She was fine with it since the price was better, but there was no sewer.

On 3/13/2017 at 6:15 PM, Avatab.... Steve said:

Wow, so all those times I tried to get a site and the only ones available were "Tent or Pop-Up Campsites" I should have gone ahead and booked it??

All this time I assumed that those sites were for Tents or Pop-Ups only..... silly me!

I guess the new rule at the Fort is there are no real rules.  :(

Honestly, I've experienced the same thing several times !!!  It never even occurred to me that we could use them with an RV.  I don't really care about the sewer since when we go to Fort Wilderness, it's often just for 2 or 3 days and I often don't even bother connecting the sewer for short stays like that.

Our moho is relatively large (40') so I'd probably want to drive around the loop to make sure we can fit before booking but it's something I'll keep in mind for future trips (especially if it's just 1 night to complete the trip (e.g. we want 4 nights but can only get 3 nights in a regular site ...). 

Whoah, this thread is getting a bit ridiculous. Yes the website says, popups, van campers, and tents. I don't think any of us are advocating that folks with large buses or TTs purposely book those sites. What we are saying is that smaller campers that don't have/need sewer connections are probably within the spirit of their rules.

Seriously, do ya'll think that 8 - 20 foot small campers that just don't happen to have tent ends are not appropriate for those loops. The website is crap. The CMs, managers, know the website is crap, and use their own judgment regarding what is in the loops. Get a grip. I've stayed in that loop with my T@B many, many times. I didn't hide my unit from CMs when checking in, and they didn't blink an eye.

Let's gripe about the dangerous stuff, the disruptive stuff, the loss of customer service, and don't let the little stuff worry us.