Ok, I'm brand new to the site so please go easy on me lol. I have a dumb question but here goes. I made a tent only reservation for our October Fall Break months ago. This past weekend we bought a small 19' ft camper. I called to change my reservation and, as I suspected, there were no available trailer sites for that week. I asked the cast member if I could still use the site since it's a small camper and at first she said yes, then said no. I kept the tent site and plan on checking back repeatedly, but has anyone done this? Surely, a pop up with the tents out is around the same size as my small camper. If nothing comes available, I'll still pop a tent but I really don't want to.

I wouldn't worry about it. When I was on a tent loop in February, there were 5th Wheels, very large travel trailers, and even Class A motorhomes on the loop. 

You won't have sewer hook ups so will have to use your black and grey water holding tanks, or just use the comfort stations. 

12 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

The only thing I would say is will you be using the shower? If not, then really nothing to worry about. While technically it's against the rules, they put all kinds of rigs in the partial loops.

11 hours ago, Roberta said:

I wouldn't worry about it. When I was on a tent loop in February, there were 5th Wheels, very large travel trailers, and even Class A motorhomes on the loop. 

You won't have sewer hook ups so will have to use your black and grey water holding tanks, or just use the comfort stations. 

Yep.  We've stayed there before, when we had a hybrid however... I too have seen other travel trailers and even smaller Class A's in there.

I could be wrong (who has the site measurements... TCD?), but I don't think the tent sites are any smaller than the full hook-up sites, just less cement and (of course) no sewer hook-ups.

Do whatever you want.

Everyone else does.

That stuff on the website that says travel trailers and motorhomes can't be accommodated on the tent sites is just a typo apparently.

Pro tip- when you get to the Fort, go into the office to check-in instead of using the check-in lanes.  That way, the CM will have no idea what type of trailer you have, and you can sneak anything in. Bring your dog too!  You could also try on-line check-in.  If it works (which is rare), they will text you your site number, and you can proceed directly to your site without being questioned by the staff about all these silly rules they have.

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Do whatever you want.

Everyone else does.

That stuff on the website that says travel trailers and motorhomes can't be accommodated on the tent sites is just a typo apparently.

Pro tip- when you get to the Fort, go into the office to check-in instead of using the check-in lanes.  That way, the CM will have no idea what type of trailer you have, and you can sneak anything in. Bring your dog too!  You could also try on-line check-in.  If it works (which is rare), they will text you your site number, and you can proceed directly to your site without being questioned by the staff about all these silly rules they have.

TCD

You are saying the rules are just suggestions?   

There was actually a Class A bus on a site when we were there. Much larger than a regular Class A, it was like tour bus that bands use. 

I do wish they would get it together and start to enforce the rules. The complete and regular disregard for all the rules is disturbing. It would not hurt business any. The Fort would still stay full. I'm looking forward to our first ever Halloween at the Fort, and handing out candy to all the little ones staying there. What I'm not looking forward to is buying enough candy to hand out to every kid who live in a 30 mile radius, who are not stopped from coming in to trick-or-treat. 

We are camping next weekend at a state park. We have a tent site, that acceptable for our pop-up. My daughter got a new travel trailer, that would fit, so I called to ask if they would make an exception and let us us that instead. The ranger politely told me, "No" which I completely understood. I kind of felt a bit pushy even asking for an exception. If they made an exception for me, where would it end? I got that. 

He did help me out in explaining how to possibly secure a second site for the weekend, within the rules. Fort Wilderness needs to hire some real rangers to run the show. 

On 3/10/2017 at 9:13 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

Do whatever you want.

Everyone else does.

TCD

BAHAHAHA!! :lol:

This is completely true.

And while you're at it, go ahead and let your 13 year old take the cart for a spin, tell them there is no need to be careful or stop for buses.

On 3/9/2017 at 7:38 PM, bahamalaurie said:

Ok, I'm brand new to the site so please go easy on me lol. I have a dumb question but here goes. I made a tent only reservation for our October Fall Break months ago. This past weekend we bought a small 19' ft camper. I called to change my reservation and, as I suspected, there were no available trailer sites for that week. I asked the cast member if I could still use the site since it's a small camper and at first she said yes, then said no. I kept the tent site and plan on checking back repeatedly, but has anyone done this? Surely, a pop up with the tents out is around the same size as my small camper. If nothing comes available, I'll still pop a tent but I really don't want to.

Congrats on the new camper!!  

If you check from time to time between now and your Oct. trip, I'd be willing to bet you could get a FHU site for your TT.

But, even if that doesn't happen, as others have said, I am sure you would be able to fit a 19' trailer on a partial.

As stated, go inside to check in then check availability of a different campsite.

On my last trip, I made my reservations later than usual and could only get a full hookup instead of my usual preferred or premium. I kept calling even to daily 3 weeks before arrival and was told nothing was available. When I got to check in, I inquired and was told if I would want either they were available. Go figure.

Disney reservations are weird. Another for instance, are dining reservations. You can try to make advance dining reservations and nothing will be available, but sometimes you can walk up and get in. Another dining quirk is going up to see if anything is available and you are told they are completely booked. Don't give up, walk off a few feet and check with both your My Experience app and the DisneyWorld.com page and check availability and you may be surprised. But check both because one site may say no and the other shows available. 

On more than one occasion, after being told nothing was available, in a matter of about 2 minutes I returned with a reservation number which stunned the host.

On 3/9/2017 at 7:38 PM, bahamalaurie said:

First of All, Welcome!!  B)

As noted above, you can keep checking but with a small trailer I can't see them telling you no. The rules about those loops don't appear to be enforced any longer so I would say you are Ok.  Worst case tell them at check in that it has Pop-Out ends on it, I doubt they would know the difference.....   ;)

If you have very small tanks either bring one of those Blue portable tanks to empty yours on an empty full-hookup site or try not to use your camper sinks, toilet, and shower too much.