Heartbreaking story...

Be careful out there.  Watch out for the crazies that pull in front of you, but also make sure that you're not the idiot following too closely.

Praying for this family.

http://www.dallascarcrash.com/brynleigh-higginbotham-killed-waco-car-accident/

What's so bad about this type of accident  is when you leave enough room to stop your load safely people just get in front of you and feel the space.  On our trip last week it is uncountable how many times small vehicles pulled right in front of me filling in my safe stopping distance. But so many people have never pulled a trailer especially one with any real weight behind them. So they just don't understand and think everything stops like a small car. I Sure feel for that family though, we saw so many bad wreaks on our trip last week.

On 3/23/2017 at 11:30 PM, LONE-STAR said:

What's so bad about this type of accident  is when you leave enough room to stop your load safely people just get in front of you and feel the space.  On our trip last week it is uncountable how many times small vehicles pulled right in front of me filling in my safe stopping distance. But so many people have never pulled a trailer especially one with any real weight behind them. So they just don't understand and think everything stops like a small car. I Sure feel for that family though, we saw so many bad wreaks on our trip last week.

Yes, I can't tell you how many times someone has cut right in front of our motorhome when we're trying to keep a safe distance. And one time we were just driving along the interstate, and there was a truck pulling a travel trailer and a small SUV stopped on the shoulder. I kid you not, they both pulled out directly in front of us. Mr. CJH had to slam on the brakes and we ended up about an inch from the SUV's back end. Our dog slammed into the front dash. Mr. CJH laid on the horn and then changed it to the loud horn and laid on that again when we passed them. The guy pulling the camper actually laughed at us.