North GA, NC mountain campgrounds

Help, I'm overwhelmed with search results for campgrounds in NC or north GA!

My aunt and uncle are coming down for a few months over the summer. We are thinking of taking them camping for a week, when given the choice between beach/keys or mountains they chose mountains. We used to go up to Franklin NC and love that area and the things to do around there, but this will be our first time taking the TT.  So I jumped on Google, search campgrounds and was yep there are a lot of them. Hoping for some recommendations from Fiends on places in the area or where to avoid. 

My perfect campground: (besides relocating the Fort)

Clean

Pet friendly

Full hookups

Day trip distance to Franklin, Cherokee, Dillard, Helen.

Privacy, or at least not on top of each other with no trees.

Preferably on a river, or some water, but not necessary. 

We aren't scared off by small family run campgrounds or state/national parks.

Lake Powhatan National Forest Campground outside of Asheville is nice. It has full hookup sites available, hiking trails and a stocked trout lake with swimming in season. It is also close to Asheville if you want to make a quick trip into town. The Blue Ridge Pkwy and the hiking trails available along it aren't that far away either. When we've stayed the bathrooms and shower rooms (private) were always clean. If something needed addressed the campground hosts took care of it right away. The road into it is narrow but not so much that you have to share the oncoming traffic lane or brush trees on the side of the road. It has been a couple of years since we have stayed there but the gate does close at night (hours vary). It used to be if you had something going extra late in Asheville they would give you the gate combo so you didn't have to leave early. Driving wise it is about an hour from Cherokee but would be closer to an hour and a half for Dillard, Ga.

There is also a pretty good sized National Forest campground on the Blue ridge Pkwy south of Asheville. We have only driven by it and I have no idea what it is like or if it has hookups. None of the NC State Parks in that area have sites for travel trailers/RV's.