8 hours ago, Roberta said:

So, we will be spending our first ever Halloween at the Fort. I wonder how much candy I should bring to pass out? Should I start buying out all the after-Easter sales, to get ahead of the game? :P

That's smart thinking.

We missed 2016 , but were in the 1500 and 2000 loops in 2014 and 2015.  

1500 didn't get too many people.

2000 had more.

But we didn't stay at the site, we took the granddaughters trick or treating.

I know the 900 loop gets tons of people, also others off of the main road get slammed.

But if you have little ones to take around you don't have to give out candy at all if you don't want to.

We were in 2000 last year and passed out about 5 lbs of assorted candies. Just bought the bags of assorted individual wrapped candies and enjoyed sitting in loop entrance and meeting the people. Was not a big group but had a good time. Have another reservation for this year and hope to get same site again, we were at the very first of the 2000 loop. This year should not be too crowed as Halloween is on Wednesday and not the weekend.

I have heard that Starlight mints are always popular, and readily available at many local restaurants for free.

Thanks everyone! We have a tent site reserved, will hopefully be on 1500. 

Just us old folks so very much looking forward to passing out candy. We have lived out here in the boonies for ten years now and I miss trick or treaters. I always loved handing out candy. Even when our kids were little, DH would take them so I could stay home and pass out to all the kids. We may have company for a night or two here and there from our grown kids with grandkids, but nothing carved in stone. 

It's a bit disappointing to hear that 1500 doesn't get as many, and that there will be less due to the weekday. I had planned to make an evening of it. Oh well, I will bring lots and see what happens. 

23 minutes ago, Roberta said:

It's a bit disappointing to hear that 1500 doesn't get as many, and that there will be less due to the weekday. I had planned to make an evening of it. Oh well, I will bring lots and see what happens. 

On numerous occasions FIENDS have congregated together to pass out candy and enjoy the commaraderie.  Maybe even enjoy a few adult beverages.  :)

10 hours ago, Roberta said:

Thanks everyone! We have a tent site reserved, will hopefully be on 1500. 

Just us old folks so very much looking forward to passing out candy. We have lived out here in the boonies for ten years now and I miss trick or treaters. I always loved handing out candy. Even when our kids were little, DH would take them so I could stay home and pass out to all the kids. We may have company for a night or two here and there from our grown kids with grandkids, but nothing carved in stone. 

I also have a tent site reserved, we might be neighbors but I want 2000 loop, it won't be as crowded with outsiders as 1500

9 hours ago, BigTom said:

I also have a tent site reserved, we might be neighbors but I want 2000 loop, it won't be as crowded with outsiders as 1500

What do you mean? Trick or Treaters? Or is there something going on that I'm not aware of? 

2 hours ago, Roberta said:

What do you mean? Trick or Treaters? Or is there something going on that I'm not aware of? 

There is usually a crowd come in that are not staying at the Fort and even local people will come in just for T or T. 2000 loop is not in the center of things like 1500 so not as many outsiders come around there.