• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

post-4494-0-39826500-1355712691_thumb.jp

My first visit to FW - with parents in 1974

That is a great photo!

According to some recent information shared in this thread: http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/8483-disney-2006-press-release-fun-history-of-the-fort/ , the building you're standing in front of had just been completed the previous year. From what I understand, the building that is now used as the lobby was not built yet, and all guests checked in and out in the check-in lanes. Note in your photo how it looks like one side was the entrance and the other the exit.

If you have any other photos from that trip, I would sure love to see them!

TCD

• 4 weeks later...

I wish I had more photos. I've been hoping I would come across a photo of a campsite at FW so we could go stay at the same campsite as we did in 1974! I'll keep looking. Something else - does anyone know when the water pageant first started? Somehow I think it hasn't change any in many many years!

So I did some research and looks like the "Electrical Parade" as it was originally called hasn't change much, if any, since the grand opening in 1971. What's amazing is that when my wife and I first visited FW as a couple a few years ago, the moment I heard that corny parade music it transported me to my childhood. To say it was a magical feeling is an understatement. I guess I'm know an older time in my 40's, but I do like how some things at FW and the parks remain the same!

• 3 weeks later...