Silver Creek Falls (Or A "Sign" Of Things To Come)

25 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Very, very cool.

Congratulations.

Good job with staging the opening the box scene.  It makes your story that the WL manager mailed you the sign very credible.  But I think we all know how this really went.

TCD

I'm glad someone called him out. Truth is I had to wire him bail money after he got tossed in Mouse Jail

2 hours ago, DaveInTN said:
2 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

I even got the former Busman to resurface.  What a day!  :lol:  

Wow a historic day for sure a post from Lou and the Blue Angel flyover!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Lou... said:

Stopped by to read the responses to your surprise gift. I know how important this was to you and so glad that it worked out as it did. I'm not too surprised that the WL GM did it, just at how quickly it all happened. Long live Melvin.

WOW! A surprise appearance by the former bus driver!! Howdy, sir!

DIT - you think if you wrote them about your past issues with Snow they'd box her up and send her your way? Might be some sort of "fresh start" for the two of you. 

3 hours ago, Lou... said:

Stopped by to read the responses to your surprise gift. I know how important this was to you and so glad that it worked out as it did. I'm not too surprised that the WL GM did it, just at how quickly it all happened. Long live Melvin.

Great to see you Lou.  You've been missed....

It was a two street. Disney CMs, no matter how high up, love to make what are called "Magical Moments", and as Dave can now verify, the CMs involved enjoyed making it happen. And unbeknownst to him, the GM and the CMs involved, got to see his reaction after receiving the sign. It was a nice moment for everyone involved. 

1 hour ago, Lou... said:

It was a two street. Disney CMs, no matter how high up, love to make what are called "Magical Moments", and as Dave can now verify, the CMs involved enjoyed making it happen. And unbeknownst to him, the GM and the CMs involved, got to see his reaction after receiving the sign. It was a nice moment for everyone involved. 

Kudos to all involved. That was such a nice thing to do.

14 hours ago, Lou... said:

First of all, I hope all is well. 

Thanks for sharing the post with the GM and CMs involved.  I am sure they are were delighted by Dave's post and pictures.  

And you are right. Those "magical moments" go both ways.   It encourages people like DIT to quit hating Disney (LOL!). And it encourages CMs to keep doing those little things, in this case big thing) that make WDW a magical place. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for reviving this thread TCD.  Not sure how I missed it. Dave with a magical moment,  Magic School Bus with a return cameo, and good Disney feelings all arounday.

Brad, the Technical Program Manager on the Fantasy, created just such a Magical Moment on our cruise a couple of weeks ago. To which I immediately plopped down a deposit for a future cruise. I sung his praise effusely on the survey you hand in as you exit the ship, the online survey you get after, and am working on a separate letter to the execs.  Small things can make a big difference.

Good on Disney and congrats to Dave!!!!!

16 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Nope, its the real deal.  I personally took that photo on Wednesday of this week.

There's another sign just like it posted along the path to the overlook:

06%2020%2017%20070_zpstnooifwc.jpg

TCD

Yes, there were 2 SC Falls signs too.  Not sure where the 2nd one is.  Perhaps Lou has it hanging over his fireplace with Melvin.  

1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

That looks really weird to me.  Like it was Photoshopped.  I'm not saying it was....just looks like it.  

I agree with you that it isn't but it looks Photoshopped on my screen as well.

For the second sign you'd think they could have at least had Brown Paint guy come over to give it a fresh coat of paint before mounting it.