We have a "Where in the World" and a "Disney World Signs" photo threads. This will combine the two but with a twist. It will be mostly behind the scenes locations that are not park or resort related. Or just something that the average visitor does not have the opportunity to see.

They will all be WDW locations. 

Here are the first two.

This is the sign photo.

If you look closely, the 7dwarfs, in brown, are behind the lettering.

The sign is a hint about the location.

wdw2.jpg

This is the entrance. It's very impressive. Are those deliberate or hidden Mickeys?

wdw1.jpg

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Disclaimer, none of the photos used in this post were taken by me. Ahh, the famous or more correctly, infamous utilidors or tunnels. The concept although unique and good for having tours is in some wa

These are pools and other landmarks that may not be apparent at eye level. Computer keyboard & monitor at Pop Century Guitar at All Star Music Baseball diamond at All Star Sports Piano at All Star

Smarty pants Carol had it right. That is the "Team Disney" building across from DTD. It houses the WDW finance, accounting, business, and legal departments.

It also claims to be the home of the worlds largest sundial. You can see it driving on I-4.

It also has WDW's best CM cafeteria. Of course the average hourly CM working in the trenches is no where near that building.

You need WDW clearance to go inside, but I've seen people driving or walking around the outside.

Here's the building.

DU3.jpg

And here's the sign. No guessing needed here.

Disney University, among many other things, is where CM's receive what is called the "Traditions" class when they are first hired. I've taken it 5 times, I'm special. It's a lot of fun. The first time I took it, 15 years ago, it was a two day class. Now it's one day, but it's still fun. Disney facts & trivia, do's and don't s, & Disney basics.

Lots of energy and electricity in the air with all the new hires.

DU is where IDs are issued.

There is also a CM store, Company D, there.

When training updates are required that's where it's done. Recently over 1000 bus drivers had to learn a new Operational Guide and that's where we went. I like going there.

If you drove past the Contemporary and took a right at the intersection, you'd see it. I think there is a sign that says authorized vehicles only or restricted access, but I see all kinds of cars back there.

DU2.jpg

I LOVED it!!  It's too bad they can't offer a shortened version of Traditions to the guests. It would be worth paying for.  Even though I worked for WDW for such a short time, I can no longer point at something with just my index finger!  The "Disney Point" has been forever entrenched in my being!  :grpwelcome:

Here's the building.

DU3.jpg

wdw1.jpg

Hello Lou ........ 'Many' years ago (I think 1997) our youngest daughter worked as a CM and was part of the Disney College Program.  She stayed at Vista Way and worked as an attraction hostess at the Super Star TV and Monster Sound Stage at MGM now Hollywood Studios.  During that time we were fortunate to have her take us to tour both "Disney University" and also the "Team Disney" building across from DTD.  Did Disney move 'Disney University' since that time?  I thought the location where she completed her orientation training and also other training classes was located in the area past the Disney Credit Union / Day Care Center / Warehouse Buildings and the Laundry Center.  I know that is not the best directions but if I remember correctly it was located at at the very end of the road that the main entrance to Fort Wilderness is located on going in the opposite direction of the Magic Kingdom.  I believe once that road ended you turned left and the 'Disney Unniversity' / Training Center  was a large building located on the left side of the road.  Did you ever attend any classes at that location?       

I thought the location where she completed her orientation training and also other training classes was located in the area past the Disney Credit Union / Day Care Center / Warehouse Buildings and the Laundry Center.Did you ever attend any classes at that location?

My first time was also in 1996 and the current location was where I took the Traditions class. I don't think that the building was new at that time.

The Disney lean...Uh...I don't remember that one!  Care to enlighten us?

A lot of the positions require standing for hours at a time, so in order to take some of the pressure off your legs, and if possible, you find a vertical structure, put one hand behind your back, putting all the finger tips on the surface and then lean against the back of your hand. This creates about a six inch space between you and the object and makes it appear that you are not leaning against anything, which is a no-no.

This is the building. How much fun would it be to work in this department?

HS1.jpg

And this is the sign.

HS2.jpg

Each holiday season Holiday Services decorates all WDW resorts, Disney's Vero Beach Resort, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort), WDW theme parks, 2 cruise ships, the DCL terminal, Castaway Cay, the Disney Reservation Centers, DTD, and more than 400 shops.

The warehouse covers approximately 50,000 square feet of space.

The decorating is done during the third shift while guests are sleeping.

Holiday Services moves about 150 semi-trailers of decorations each holiday season.

Almost 8.5 million lights, 15 miles of garland, 1,314 wreaths, 300,000 yards of ribbon.

I'm guessing that they decorate for all the holidays and not just Christmas.

The Backstage Magic Tour.

That's a relief. I was thinking I'd be reading something about Security being involved.

Nah I paid for it both times. The first time was pre 9/11, and an awesome tour. We even went into the computer room and saw the head shop. Second one was after and they took out large parts of the tour.

pa1.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

This is the new Disney Performing Arts pre-performance facility. It's where youth groups are dropped off to prepare for their performance. It has dressing rooms, rest rooms, and a large stage should they wish to practice before performing.

Performing groups such as bands, choirs, orchestras, dance ensembles, drill teams, and other performing groups can participate in the program at WDW.  They can also participate in workshops to enhance their performance.

It's tucked away in the general area of the Team Disney building. It's not a place that you'll just happen to come across.

Follow the link for more info.

http://www.disneyyouth.com/performing-arts/

ok Lou, you have to keep this thread going because I'm already thinking info from here will make a great section on the new website!  ...one I've never seen on any other Disney site.  ???

We won't identify you of course - we'll put you in the Fiend Protection Program.  Although I think that means you have to wear these...

GrouchoFiend.jpg