• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Disclaimer, none of the photos used in this post were taken by me. Ahh, the famous or more correctly, infamous utilidors or tunnels. The concept although unique and good for having tours is in some wa

These are pools and other landmarks that may not be apparent at eye level. Computer keyboard & monitor at Pop Century Guitar at All Star Music Baseball diamond at All Star Sports Piano at All Star

Looks like the "steamboat" rides a monorail track ...

In my original post I mentioned that the guide rail is visible on the satellite view, that's what that track is. The boat is guided by it around the lagoon, but it's not a monorail type setup.

That's all we need, the boat breaking down every few days.

Ya, like it's so difficult to sneak in back stage. Just remember how easy it is to get into the Fort.

The funniest part of the whole security thing, we figured wow where are they going to take us? Then when they did board the bus we were at an employees only entrance that led into DHS. We only saw half of what we had seen on the previous tour and most of it was stuff we could have seen on our own :rofl2:

Lou the Peoplemover is #3 10-minute ride

Good observation. The TTAPM lasts 10 mins 4 secs to be exact, but whoever put this list together under the Disney name, I guess does not consider the PeopleMover or the WDW Railroad, which is a 20 minute ride, worthy of consideration.

IMHO, it should be, WDWRR, Liberty Belle, SM, TTAPM, HM, BTM, but who am I do disagree.

This a test.

In a previous post I wrote that the Twilight Tower of Terror was 199 feet high because if it was a foot higher, it would need a beacon on top. Expedition Everest is the highest attraction at WDW and it does not have a beacon. How high is it?

everest.jpg

Kinda of a trick question. I couldn't find an official Disney source that mentions the exact height. They skirt around it by saying it's just under 200 feet or nearly 200 feet. They do admit that it's the tallest attraction though. So, it's higher than 199 feet, TTOT, and less than 200 feet.

I've seen 199.5 feet on the web, but I think that might be a guess.

The Liberty Square Riverboat attraction has the distinction of being the longest ride at MK, 17 minutes.

Splash Mountain is the next longest at 11 minutes.

Haunted Mansion at 8 minutes.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, about 4 minutes.

I don't care what the official times are for the rides. Small World is still the psycologically longest ride every made!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The Disney designed and built town of Celebration Florida had their high school graduation today. I attended because our best friend and next door neighbor's son who considers us his grandparents and we think of him as our grandson, wanted us to be there. While sitting there waiting for the ceremony to begin, I wondered if Walt were alive, would he be proud of what his company had created which in turn made this day possible?

Walt's original vision of EPCOT was for a model planned community, home to twenty thousand residents, which would be a test bed for city planning and organization. The EPCOT that was built bears no resemblance to his concept.

Many years after Walt's death, Disney CEO, Michael Eisner, pushed the executives at Disney to develop a town worthy of Walt's vision for EPCOT. The designers weren't able to incorporate everything Walt had envisioned, but his basic concept was implemented. Although not a complete circle as Walt pictured, the first phase was a semi-circle with businesses and commercial areas at its center, community buildings and schools and recreational complexes around it, and residential neighborhoods along the perimeter, just as Walt's concept drawing showed. And again true to his plan, people do live, work, and play there.

Celebration is often cited as being the real EPCOT because it does embody Walt's general concept.

While it does get some negative press for being too "Stepford" and too expensive, most families living there would say that it's a great place to live and raise a family. Come by and check it out.

Oh ya, to answer the earlier question, would Walt be proud, absolutely. And although he wasn't there, I felt his presence there today.

PS, Celebration is no longer owned or on Disney property and development has deviated from the original plan.

Celebration High School

CelebrationHighSchool.jpg